A couple months ago, I made THIS card and only partially embossed my top layer of cardstock. I’ve gotten quite a few questions on how I did that, and I think I even mentioned it in a blog post. Today I thought I’d do a video for you showing you exactly how to emboss only part of your card.
View this quick video to see how to do this (if viewing in a feed, click through to the blog post to view):
Keep reading through the end of the post for important updates, info on the clay flower and how I made the leaves!
Supplies for both cards (all Stampin’ Up unless otherwise noted):
- Very Vintage Florals and Very Vintage Greetings (Wplus9 Designs)
- Cardstock: Pool Party, Whisper White
- Ink: Melon Mambo, Summer Starfruit, Wild Wasabi, Pool Party
- Accessories: Very Vintage Florals and Label Layers 3 Die (Wplus9 Designs), Baja Breeze Seam Binding, White Organdy Ribbon, Rhinestones, Clay and Molds (new Stampin’ Up product beginning May 31), Fancy Fan Embossing Folder, Houndstooth Embossing Folder, Small Butterfly Punch
New product alert!
- Buttons and Blossoms Simply Pressed Clay Molds
- Simply Pressed Clay
Anna and I played around with this fun stuff over the weekend and found it pretty easy to work with. When the new catalog goes live on May 31, I will do a video showing you how to use this goodness.
The clay comes white and this flower was made by adding two drops of Melon Mambo Reinker to the clay before putting it in the mold. We also found that if you make white flowers you can color ON the flower with any color marker! COOL! Make up a bunch of them at once and have them on hand ready to color to match any project.
We found the ones you color with the marker straight onto the finished flower ended up being a darker, more vibrant color.
How did I make the leaves??? It’s the small butterfly punch! Seriously!
Today’s card was entered in the challenge at CAS-ology.
- RETIRING PRODUCTS- Stampin’ Up’s current catalog is retiring on May 30. Find all the information here.
- NEW CATALOG - I will be putting in and order to ship on Monday (closing out on Sunday). If you are a current customer of mine (meaning you order from me), shoot me an email letting me know you would like a copy in your hot little hands!
- NEWSLETTER - If you haven’t subscribed to my newsletter yet, be sure you get on that list! I have a really fun video coming out next week for subscribers.
- BOW – if you like the bow on the first card better than the bow on the second card, you might want to purchase my dear friend Meg’s Bow Maker. INFO HERE
- STAMPNATION – The Design Team and I are busy putting together a fun summer event for you…details coming soon. You don’t want to miss it, SN events are always SO MUCH FUN! BEGIN YOUR MEMBERSHIP NOW!
Did I miss anything? Thanks for visiting, go have a GREAT day!