I really really REALLY love Glass Bead Glitter Gel. It creates a gorgeous background whether you leave it white, apply it over a sponged or stamped background, color it with ink refills, or apply Color Bursts over it (like the card by Judy that I show in this video!).
Be sure to let your Glass Bead Glitter Gel dry thoroughly before sending it through a Die Cutting Machine. If it’s still wet at all, the pressure from the machine will mess your background up a bit. You may want to let it dry for as long as an hour.
Also, be sure to clean your stencil and palette knife right away so the medium doesn’t dry on. You’ll have trouble getting it off if it does!
I love the long paint stroke from the Eat, Sleep, Create stamp set! It makes fabulous backgrounds in a monochromatic color scheme, a rainbow or in various colors. I tried out two color combinations for this card.
This would be a great card to send to a crafty friend to brighten their day!
I made another card with the left over stenciled circle from this class, which turned into TWO cards and that tutorial will be up on StampNation soon!
We are getting ready to kick off our next class at StampNation! We have a great line up of guest teachers, prizes and awesome tutorials…here is some of what we’ll cover.
- Art Journaling 101 – How to get started, introduction to color theory, techniques for backgrounds and decorating pages.
- Use your Art Journaling techniques to create Artist Trading Cards (ATCs) and in everyday card making
- Bible Journaling – how to stamp and watercolor doodle in a Bible or Books (Will also be showcased in a card format)
- Introduction to Lettering
- Mixed Media Techniques for Cards
Stay tuned for more info and if you’re not a member yet, please join us! Click here for more info.