Surrounding Yourself With…

View More: http://em-grey.pass.us/cp-october-2017-1-100 Well it certainly has been a fun weekend! You guys took on the CP Self Care Weekend Challenge with gusto! We have absolutely loved seeing all of your posts on social media (just check out all of these Facebook and Instagram posts!)

Here’s a peek at some of the amazing ways you took time for yourself this weekend:
CPSCW_collageIn the spirit of taking care of yourself…for the past 2-1/2 years, I’ve worn a bracelet with the inscription on the inside “Surround yourself with those that bring out the best in you”.  I’ve been working on surrounding myself with people that do that for me, and also working on being that for others.

While striving to spend more time with those that make me a better version of myself, I’ve also been paying attention to the activities I choose .

It’s so easy to get lost in a full schedule of work, carpool, errands and sometimes at the end of the week I find myself looking back and realizing I’d been going through the motions without activities that make me a better person.

That’s when I decided to start a book club.  I used to LOVE reading but in the whirlwind of raising my girls, feeding my girls, carpooling my girls…I stopped reading.  So, I sent out a message to a whole bunch of girlfriends to see who was interested in meeting monthly to talk about a book.  A few of them said yes and for the past 6 months we’ve gotten together monthly to discuss books on so many different topics…zombies, marriage and relationships, alternate realities and race relations.

I’ve gotten to know and connect with my girlfriends on a whole new level and it’s been so refreshing!

So as CP’s Self Care Weekend comes to a close, let’s all make a deal, ok? Let’s try and sneak more of these activities that bring us joy, inspiration, and connection into our everyday lives. What do you say?

And by the way, I’m VERY glad that I feel so rested after this weekend, because we’ve got a BIG week ahead of us. Join me on Facebook Live tomorrow morning to hear about our newest ink collection and get ready for color reveals all week!

Leave a comment if you’re excited about our new ink and to tell me how you’re going to add more self care to your weeks ahead!

• Lynn November 5, 2017, 6:31 pm

Looking forward to the new ink collection! I enjoyed sneaking in bits of self-care this weekend. I agree, so often it is hard to remember to take care of ourselves when we are so busy taking care of our families. My boys are all grown up now so I have a little more time to take those moments of self care. Thanks for the weekend and inspiration!

• Tamara McCurry November 5, 2017, 6:34 pm

I plan on not feeling guilty when I do something that is 100% for me. Weither it is stampin, reading, favorite show, or quilting

• Joanne Guarino November 5, 2017, 7:00 pm

I am so excited about the new ink colors. I’m sure they will be as amazing as the ones you already have. I had lunch with 2 of my girlfriends yesterday. My one friend hasn’t been able to come out with us in awhile as she has been dealing with her parent’s health issues. It was great to just sit, eat and talk for 2 1/2 hours. I plan on doing more of that with my friends and not worry about if my home is dusted or not! Life is too short to sweat the small stuff. Oh and of course I’ll be making more cards too! <3

• Theresa November 5, 2017, 7:41 pm

Can’t wait for new inks and I’m going to make crafting more of a priority and more time with family and friends a must.

• Karen November 5, 2017, 8:00 pm

I CANNOT wait for these new inks!! So excited! CP inks are the best!
    I finally got to play with my Winter haven stamp collection today and started my Christmas cards. Love it!
    I love being in my craft room – it keeps me sane!

• Wanda November 5, 2017, 10:19 pm

Thanks for the reminder to take some time for me. It was a rainy weekend here in Virginia so it was easy to get in my craft room and start working on Christmas cards. I love watching crafting videos and getting ideas and then going to my craft room and trying them. I will be doing more of that as the weather gets cold and my kids activities slow down! I can’t wait to see what the new ink colors are – I really am happy I found you and your inks!!

• Cheryl Cain November 6, 2017, 9:37 am

This Sunday I enjoyed helping to cook breakfast for, and visiting with family from out of town. It was a lovely day. Other than that, I just continued to sort and organize my craft materials, I have a real mess going!!

• Susan Nixon November 6, 2017, 12:40 pm

Bare feet! Must be warmer there than here. =) Thanks for this inspiration for the weekend. I like what you’ve said about finding joy and inspiration in our lives. When we get too busy to do that, it’s time to cut some activities. The root word of living is LIVE not RUSH! LOL

• Kirsty Vittetoe November 6, 2017, 2:31 pm

Wonderful post, thanks for sharing!

Gallery Projects

Interesting Image

Heather

Handstamped Background with Heather North

SOA Love 001ADJ copy.jpg2

Masked Floral Frame with Lisa Harrolle

The World Awaits cardjpg

To the Ends of the Earth with Kelly Martin

BCSD CFS

Learn, Share and Do

SOA_LITA_Facebook-Sidebar_Available-Now

Winners and Birthday Card Bash!

KBaker_JanSoA_3

Sending Love with Karen Baker with Love is in the Air SOA

Screen Shot 2018-01-10 at 11.19.15 AM

Season’s Giving Blog Hop WINNER!

LITA Love You Clean and Simple

Stamp of Approval Love is in the Air Blog Hop Day 3

LITA Happiness Enclosed

Stamp of Approval Love is in the Air Blog Hop Day 2

SOA_LITA_Blog_Comment-To-Win

Stamp of Approval Love is in the Air Blog Hop Day 1: Emboss Resist and Inlaid Die Cutting Technique

LITA Bon VOyage 3

Love is in the Air Stamp of Approval Collection – Product Reveal Day #3

LITA Watercolored Love

Stamp of Approval Love is in the Air Collection – Product Reveal Day #2

LITA Rock and Rolled

Stamp of Approval Collection Product Reveals!

Love is in the Air with Sunburst