No Line Coloring with Arjita

Hi everyone!  Namaste!  Its Arjita here and I’m so excited to share my project with you.   I’ve used the gorgeous Beautiful You stamp set and Catherine Pooler inks.

I love coloring flowers with various mediums and copic coloring is one of the quickest and prettiest.

IMG_1814 To create this card, I took the largest flower from the stamp set and adhered it on the acrylic block from the flip side (the side which is solid and is the back of the stamp). I wanted to get the solid impression of the stamp so that I can have a nice base colour.

Once the ink is dry I also stamped the line image on top using the same ink.  This will help me achieve the no line coloring technique.

IMG_1812 For my card base I took a white cardstock which measures  4.25 inches  x 11 inches & is scored it at 5.5 inches to create a top folding card. For the card panel I trimmed a piece of  white cardstock to 4 inches x 5.25 inches.

For the front of card panel I used a stamp and created a soft background over which the colored flowers will be placed.  The flowers and leaves were colored with copic markers and then I used a sharp pair of scissors to fussy cut all of the images. I stamped a few leaves directly on the card base and then arranged the other flowers using a combination of wet glue and foam tape to add even more dimension and interest.

The sentiment was stamped in Midnight ink and then I finished off my card by adding a few clear sequins and a strip of washi tape to add an extra oomph and jazz!

Here’s a video on how it was done!

I hope you like my project today.  Thank you Catherine for having me on your blog!

Copic Markers:  R02,R59,R05,R46,R29, R43,R32, YG11,YG17 and G99

• Sandra September 7, 2017, 10:30 am

What an inspiring tutorial…I hope that I can achieve at least half of your skill in coloring images! Thank you for the tips about background stamping and attaching the cut out pieces flat and with dimensionals.

• Karen September 7, 2017, 11:31 am

Arjita has done a really WOW card! I love her coloring with Copics and I look forward to seeing more ideas from her! Thank you!

• Heather M North September 7, 2017, 1:18 pm

Stunningly beautiful card, Arjita! Thank you for the video!!!

• Jan M September 7, 2017, 1:37 pm

Great video tutorial Arjita. Your card is beautiful!! I don’t have copics but will try this with my Zig markers.

• Casie W. September 7, 2017, 1:47 pm

Beautiful coloring! What a great idea to use the back of the stamp for the base layer!

• Brenda Flatt Lilley September 7, 2017, 1:48 pm

Absolutely beautiful, Arjita! Thank you so very much for sharing your amazing creativity! I sure do wish I could color like this! :-)

• Holly Paplow September 7, 2017, 2:13 pm

Arjita, it is amazing what you did with this stamp set. The way you colored and arranged your flowers is gorgeous!

• Pam Wells September 7, 2017, 2:15 pm

I can’t wait to try this! That is beautiful!!!

• Kirsty Vittetoe September 7, 2017, 2:57 pm

Gorgeous!!!!

• Kerry Myers September 7, 2017, 3:15 pm

Absolutely stunning! Just gorgeous! The added deep red in the nooks and crannies POPPED and already beautiful flower. Fabulous job!

• Helen Gullett September 7, 2017, 3:50 pm

WOW! This card is stunning and gorgeous! This no-line coloring technique is fantastic. Thank you for the video.

• Maggie B September 7, 2017, 4:08 pm

Hi CP & Arjita ~ Are you kidding me? This card is STUNNING!!!!! And incredibly life-like! I mean, WOW!! There MUST be something wrong with my Copics, because they do NOT work like yours do!! (Haha) I am oh so inspired however and am off to watch the video. I hope you’re both having an awesome week and will keep everyone in my prayers while Irma decides which way she’ll be traveling. ~HUGS~
    #kindnessmatters #prayforTexas

• Nancy September 7, 2017, 4:28 pm

Arjita this is stunning! What beautiful no-line coloring. Clever idea to start with the back of the stamp, and so nice to know about CP inks working well with Copics. I need a lot more practice with those markers. That’s also for showing us how you pulled the whole card together.

• Patricia Wilson September 7, 2017, 4:57 pm

The flower card was just lovely. Your coloring techniques were helpful and will try that. I’m still a novice with the markers but learning quite a bit from tutorials such as yours. Thank you for sharing!

• Joyce Whitten September 7, 2017, 4:58 pm

Gorgeous! Just wish she had listed her copic colors.

• Kathy Serrahn September 7, 2017, 5:14 pm

Gorgeous card, awesome coloring

• Ann Celino September 7, 2017, 5:31 pm

Your coloring is phenomenal!

• Ginny September 7, 2017, 6:05 pm

WOW!!! Just beautiful.

• Sarah greber September 7, 2017, 6:48 pm

This is stunning and amazing and I loved watching how you made it!! Beautifully done!

• MichelleW September 7, 2017, 7:14 pm

Absolutely beautiful Arjita!

• J September 7, 2017, 7:16 pm

Beautiful card and techniques. Thank you for sharing.

• Susieq September 7, 2017, 7:41 pm

Just beautiful. You made it look so easy.

• Ishani September 7, 2017, 10:28 pm

Wow. That’s amazing.. loved how you used the flip side Arjita.. this is so cool!

• Shelley Banghart September 8, 2017, 11:34 am

Wonderful tutorial and beautiful card. Great ideas too!

• Ingrid Blackburn September 8, 2017, 4:43 pm

Just stunning Arjita!!! I love what you did with this gorgeous set. SO much fun. :)

• Elizabeth Knehans September 8, 2017, 8:00 pm

Absolutely beautiful! You make the no line coloring look so easy, but I know it isn’t. I’m inspired to give it a try with that same awesome bloom set.

• Gail September 11, 2017, 11:45 pm

A beautifully coloured card. I have never thought of using copics with ink for colouring. Looking forward to trying it. Thanks Arjita

Catherine Pooler Designs Copic Markers Floral Gallery Projects Techniques Videos

Stamp of Approval Project guide

Who’s looking for inspiration?

Winterhaven-Stamp-of-Approval-Joy-Wreath-Feature-Image

Pink Snowflake Joy and WINNERS!

SOA Winterhaven Joy Chalkboard 2

Blog Hop Day 3: Chalkboard Holiday Cards and Watercolored Wreath

SOA Winterhaven Joy wreath 2

Blog Hop Day 2: Tis the Season Wreath Card and Faux Metal Accents

SOA Winterhaven Tags 2

Winterhaven Stamp of Approval Collection Blog Hop Day 1: Good Stuff Tags

SOA Winterhaven carolers 2

Winterhaven Stamp of Approval Preview Day 2: Here We Come A-Caroling

SOA Winterhaven Watercolor Poinsettia

Winterhaven Stamp of Approval Preview Day 1: Tis the Season and Here We Come A Caroling Stamp Sets

View More: http://em-grey.pass.us/catherine-pooler-august-2016-em-grey-photography-raleigh-nc

Card Making Goodness is out of control! (in a very, very good way)

wcmd2017_blogfb (1)

World Card Making Day Sponsors

WCMDcollage

Our World Card Making Day Weekend begins on Friday!

Multi-Step Stamping and Angled Card Front 4

Multi-Step Stamping, Tone on Tone Stenciling and Angled Card Fronts

SOA-CPBlogPost

Clean & Graphic Leaf Motifs with Maureen

Congrats with Arjita Singh

Creating a Winter Sunset Scene

Creating a Winter Sunset Scene Tutorial at StampNation

Hello Clean and Simple

Fun and Fabulous Items Coming to the Shop!

Soft Stenciling with Heather