3 Inking Techniques with Stencils

3 Inking Techniques with Stencils 5 Hello my friends!  Last week, Maureen Merritt was a guest designer here on the blog and I was completely smitten with her card.    Here is a peek at it.

PartialStencilingCU I love the stenciling and the border stamp at the bottom!  (See the full post here).

Her card inspired me to set out for a bunch of inking fun with my stencils and to pull out some border stamps to see which ones coordinated with the stencils.

In the process, I tried a few different inking techniques, check them out in this video tutorial!

3 Inking Techniques with Stencils

When choosing stamps and/or stencils to layer over each other, I like to choose a graphic pattern for one and an organic (flowers, leaves, flourishes, etc) on the other.

3 Inking Techniques with Stencils 2

For the first card, I made my own border of flowers and leaves using some stamps from The Perfect Reason Stamp Set.

3 Inking Techniques with Stencils 3

The stitched border stamp from the Best in You stamp set was a great accent for the Mod Flower Stencil.  and my personal favorite part of this card?  The use of “Best” from the large chalkboard style sentiment!

3 Inking Techniques with Stencils

Vines and diamonds – yes, please!

3 Inking Techniques with Stencils 4

Vines and the wavy circle border went together well!

Mod Flower Watercolor Card

Here’s another card I made a few months ago with the Mod Flower Stencil and the same technique I used with the Perfect Vine Stencil in this video!  I didn’t use a border at the bottom, but I love this ink and stencil technique!

What stamps and stencils do you have in your stash that you can pull out right now to try any of the above techniques?

shopbirthday_BlogandFB

Don’t forget it’s double rewards points in our store this week!  Click here for deets.

• Maggie B August 29, 2017, 5:14 pm

Hi CP ~ So much awesomeness in this one video!! I love these stencils and the graphic stamping coordinates perfectly. Thanks so much for sharing. ~HUGS~
    #kindnessmatters

• Avra N Williams August 29, 2017, 5:25 pm

I love the one you did with the Mod Flowers stencil! But I also want to try “stamping” with my stencils – looks like fun!

• Vivian August 29, 2017, 5:31 pm

Favorites? All of your cards are beautiful and fun! I do, however, love the leaf background!!

• Dixie August 29, 2017, 9:54 pm

I like the “Best Wishes” card the best. All the black sentiments and borders really pop on these cards. Well done!

• Dawn T August 30, 2017, 2:00 am

Awesome Love the leafy one with the sponging and the wavy border. It’s my favorite! But all of them are so pretty

• Diane Loughrey August 30, 2017, 6:02 am

So I think they are all awesome but the Best Wishes is a fav.

• Karen Kreider August 30, 2017, 7:59 am

Hard to pick a favorite…they are all great! Love the Best Wishes and Happy Everything most!!

• Connie Brooks August 30, 2017, 9:00 am

Diamonds and vines is my favorite. I wasn’t so sure…but it turned out awesome.

• Leanne in Cali August 30, 2017, 11:39 am

Love all of the cards, but especially the happy everything and you did it cards! Nothing wrong with a little extra sparkle!! Beautiful backgrounds. Thanks for the great video!

• Marcia Hill August 30, 2017, 11:45 am

Awesome cards Catherine…thanks for the inspiration!! :0)

• Patricia Wilson August 31, 2017, 4:44 pm

I really liked the one where you were just experimenting as it seems so unique. Just goes to show you that you should try new things as sometimes they are a “treasure” when finished. Thanks for sharing.

• Pamela F. September 5, 2017, 8:45 am

I think the Happy Everything card is my fave but I love them all!

• Christie Simpson September 5, 2017, 11:51 pm

Thank you so much for demonstrating how to make these 4 unique and beautiful cards! The stenciling turned out so good. Since I’m new to this, I’m going to check your site for a phone number to see if someone can help me place an order for all of the correct items needed to make these cards and several others that you’ve posted. Thank you!

Catherine Pooler Designs Gallery Projects Techniques Videos

Interesting Image

BCSD CFS

Learn, Share and Do

SOA_LITA_Facebook-Sidebar_Available-Now

Winners and Birthday Card Bash!

KBaker_JanSoA_3

Sending Love with Karen Baker with Love is in the Air SOA

Screen Shot 2018-01-10 at 11.19.15 AM

Season’s Giving Blog Hop WINNER!

LITA Love You Clean and Simple

Stamp of Approval Love is in the Air Blog Hop Day 3

LITA Happiness Enclosed

Stamp of Approval Love is in the Air Blog Hop Day 2

SOA_LITA_Blog_Comment-To-Win

Stamp of Approval Love is in the Air Blog Hop Day 1: Emboss Resist and Inlaid Die Cutting Technique

LITA Bon VOyage 3

Love is in the Air Stamp of Approval Collection – Product Reveal Day #3

LITA Watercolored Love

Stamp of Approval Love is in the Air Collection – Product Reveal Day #2

LITA Rock and Rolled

Stamp of Approval Collection Product Reveals!

Love is in the Air with Sunburst

Stamp of Approval Love is in the Air Collection – Product Reveal Day #1

Seasons Giving Blog Hop

Season’s Givings Blog Hop

2018 Catherine Pooler Designs Creative Team

Introducing the New 2018 Creative Team

SN_Birthday_Blog

Ready for 2018? What we’re up to in January!

Naturally Inspired