Negative Die Cutting with the Perfect Vine Die with Chrissie Tobas

Hi, it’s Chrissie here and I am thrilled to be guesting on Catherine’s Blog today!

A few months back, I created a card using negative die cuts and Catherine Pooler ink as my main focus. I received some requests to share how I created it, so I made a video.

Using negative die cuts in a combination with ink and foam adhesive adds extra dimension and interest to and card making project.

This card is fairly simple to make a really packs a punch.

• Begin with a 4 x 5 1/4″ piece of white card stock.
  • Arrange stamps and die on your panel before cutting or stamping, so you can get a better idea for placement for your finished design.  Once you are happy with the arrangement, die cut the Perfect Vine die.
  • Mask off the edges of a white card base and sponge Flirty Fuchsia and Grass Skirt inks.
  • Stamp the sentiment in Midnight ink.  Using the MISTI stamping tool, stamp the ampersand in both Flirty Fuchsia and Grass Skirt.
  • Remove masks and adhere the stamped panel to the card base with foam adhesive.
  • Embellish with sequins.

Thoughts_detail

Look through your stash and see what dies you have that would make a fun focal point!

Thanks for checking out my video and thanks Catherine for having me!

• Maggie B August 24, 2017, 12:03 pm

Hi Chrissie ~ This card is beautiful and I love the way the two inks blended together. Who would’ve thought they’d be perfect together. Great way to set up your card, using tape to place the die when setting it up with the stamps. Takes the guess work out of everything. Thanks so much for sharing. ~HUGS~
    #kindnessmatters

• Susan Powell August 24, 2017, 12:58 pm

What a beautiful card Chrissie!!

• Taasha Blevins August 24, 2017, 5:36 pm

I love this card. I also love the bracelet that came in one of the SOA boxes that you are wearing. I wear mine often.

• Sharon Nesvog August 25, 2017, 1:13 am

Ooooooh!! Such a beautiful card!!! Love this!! And love the 2 colors being blended together! Thanks for sharing Chrissie!! ☺

• Dawn t August 25, 2017, 2:42 am

Stunning Chrissie. The purple and green blend so beautifully

• Cynthia Johnson August 26, 2017, 10:43 pm

Beautiful card! I love those colors but I’ve never tried to blend them. Even though the die cut is leaves, it reminds me of pansies. Thanks for sharing!

• Bonnie August 28, 2017, 4:35 pm

Where did you get the “panel”
    love this card!!

• sharon mesdag August 29, 2017, 11:42 am

Beautiful and simple, love your colour combo’s. Now I’m going to see how many other dies this will work for. Also a great way to use up those extra inked up backgrounds you have because we never waste ink on a craft mat, Lol. Thanks for the video.

• Sharon Perehudoff August 31, 2017, 12:58 pm

Gorgeous card Chrissie ! Like how you done two inks blended together really have to give that a try. Hugs! Thanks so much for sharing.

Catherine Pooler Designs Gallery Projects Techniques Videos

Interesting Image

Heather

Handstamped Background with Heather North

SOA Love 001ADJ copy.jpg2

Masked Floral Frame with Lisa Harrolle

The World Awaits cardjpg

To the Ends of the Earth with Kelly Martin

BCSD CFS

Learn, Share and Do

SOA_LITA_Facebook-Sidebar_Available-Now

Winners and Birthday Card Bash!

KBaker_JanSoA_3

Sending Love with Karen Baker with Love is in the Air SOA

Screen Shot 2018-01-10 at 11.19.15 AM

Season’s Giving Blog Hop WINNER!

LITA Love You Clean and Simple

Stamp of Approval Love is in the Air Blog Hop Day 3

LITA Happiness Enclosed

Stamp of Approval Love is in the Air Blog Hop Day 2

SOA_LITA_Blog_Comment-To-Win

Stamp of Approval Love is in the Air Blog Hop Day 1: Emboss Resist and Inlaid Die Cutting Technique

LITA Bon VOyage 3

Love is in the Air Stamp of Approval Collection – Product Reveal Day #3

LITA Watercolored Love

Stamp of Approval Love is in the Air Collection – Product Reveal Day #2

LITA Rock and Rolled

Stamp of Approval Collection Product Reveals!

Love is in the Air with Sunburst