Negative Die Cutting with the Perfect Vine Die with Chrissie Tobas

Hi, it’s Chrissie here and I am thrilled to be guesting on Catherine’s Blog today!

A few months back, I created a card using negative die cuts and Catherine Pooler ink as my main focus. I received some requests to share how I created it, so I made a video.

Using negative die cuts in a combination with ink and foam adhesive adds extra dimension and interest to and card making project.

This card is fairly simple to make a really packs a punch.

• Begin with a 4 x 5 1/4″ piece of white card stock.
  • Arrange stamps and die on your panel before cutting or stamping, so you can get a better idea for placement for your finished design.  Once you are happy with the arrangement, die cut the Perfect Vine die.
  • Mask off the edges of a white card base and sponge Flirty Fuchsia and Grass Skirt inks.
  • Stamp the sentiment in Midnight ink.  Using the MISTI stamping tool, stamp the ampersand in both Flirty Fuchsia and Grass Skirt.
  • Remove masks and adhere the stamped panel to the card base with foam adhesive.
  • Embellish with sequins.

Thoughts_detail

Look through your stash and see what dies you have that would make a fun focal point!

Thanks for checking out my video and thanks Catherine for having me!

• Maggie B August 24, 2017, 12:03 pm

Hi Chrissie ~ This card is beautiful and I love the way the two inks blended together. Who would’ve thought they’d be perfect together. Great way to set up your card, using tape to place the die when setting it up with the stamps. Takes the guess work out of everything. Thanks so much for sharing. ~HUGS~
    #kindnessmatters

• Susan Powell August 24, 2017, 12:58 pm

What a beautiful card Chrissie!!

• Taasha Blevins August 24, 2017, 5:36 pm

I love this card. I also love the bracelet that came in one of the SOA boxes that you are wearing. I wear mine often.

• Sharon Nesvog August 25, 2017, 1:13 am

Ooooooh!! Such a beautiful card!!! Love this!! And love the 2 colors being blended together! Thanks for sharing Chrissie!! ☺

• Dawn t August 25, 2017, 2:42 am

Stunning Chrissie. The purple and green blend so beautifully

• Cynthia Johnson August 26, 2017, 10:43 pm

Beautiful card! I love those colors but I’ve never tried to blend them. Even though the die cut is leaves, it reminds me of pansies. Thanks for sharing!

• Bonnie August 28, 2017, 4:35 pm

Where did you get the “panel”
    love this card!!

• sharon mesdag August 29, 2017, 11:42 am

Beautiful and simple, love your colour combo’s. Now I’m going to see how many other dies this will work for. Also a great way to use up those extra inked up backgrounds you have because we never waste ink on a craft mat, Lol. Thanks for the video.

• Sharon Perehudoff August 31, 2017, 12:58 pm

Gorgeous card Chrissie ! Like how you done two inks blended together really have to give that a try. Hugs! Thanks so much for sharing.

Catherine Pooler Designs Gallery Projects Techniques Videos

Laurel CASE 2

Paradise Found Release Blog Hop Day #3

Best in Spa Colors 2

Paradise Found Release Blog Hop Day #2

Winter Woodland 2

Paradise Found Release Blog Hop Day #1

View More: http://em-grey.pass.us/cp-october-2017-product-images-em-grey-photography-raleigh-nc

Spa Collection Ink Release details and Winners!

day5

Two More Colors!!

View More: http://em-grey.pass.us/cp-october-2017-1-100

Spa Collection: Fourth Ink Color Reveal!

Screen Shot 2017-11-06 at 7.11.07 PM

Introducing Our New Ink Line!

View More: http://em-grey.pass.us/cp-october-2017-1-100

Surrounding Yourself With…

finding inspiration

Finding Inspiration

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place….

2017101801

Best Wishes Hand Made Card with Ardyth

SelfCareWeekend_FB-Blog

CP’s Self-Care Weekend and a CHALLENGE!

Thank You Hand Made Card with Stenciling

KristieIpickyou

Citrus Slices and Checkerboards with Kristie

Kristieswoop

White and Black Popped Sentiment Focal Point with Kristie Goulet

Stamp of Approval Project guide

Who’s looking for inspiration?