Easy Holiday Cards to Make – Two Ways! KISS Cards

2 way holiday cards 2 card layers, 4 card bases, a sentiment and some darling little candy canes make four really cute KISS Cards in no time!

When I make KISS (keep it simple stamper)  Cards, I keep a few things in mind:

• simple design
  • assembly line style stamping and card assembly
  • same or similar design on all cards

Here’s a video tutorial showing how I made these cards.

Easy Holiday Cards to Make – Two Ways!

2 way holiday cards 2 When you begin, cut all your card stock at once.  If you cut one full sheet of card stock in quarters (minus 1/4″ – so your card layers will be 4 x 5-1/4), you’ll have layers for four cards.

Since we die cut through the card layer and used the positive and the negative die cut, two card layers was enough for four cards!

2 way holiday cards 3 I used Wanderlust Embossing Powder after stamping the Peppermint Stick Background stamp in Versamark ink.  It gives a gorgeous, sparkly, yet subtle striped background.

I stamped and die cut the candy canes, adhered them together and they were the perfect accent on this simple card design.  In the video you can see how simple the card is before adding the candy canes and how adding them really made the card!

2 way holiday cards 4

All the products used here were from our Candy Cane Lane Stamp of Approval Collection and now are available in our store!

BLOG-FB_CandyCaneLane

Click here to see the entire CCL Collection!

• Maggie B July 25, 2017, 8:30 pm

Hi CP ~ Seeing these KISS cards MADE my day!!! (Did my begging help?) Not only are they adorable (especially the positive space one!) but I mass produce Christmas cards every year to donate to a few organizations and these are perfect for that. Thanks so much for sharing and I hope you keep KISSing!! ~HUGS~
    #kindnessmatters

• Teresa Rawnick July 25, 2017, 9:17 pm

Love this <3

• Dawn T July 26, 2017, 3:17 am

Beautiful Catherine. I love these KISS cards.

• Penelope July 26, 2017, 1:36 pm

I always like Merry Christmas or Sweetest Christmas wishes best. I send Christmas cards, not holiday cards though, so I’m a bit partial.
    Hard to say which design I like better, both are really cute and I like the different sized candy.

• Kathy Serrahn July 26, 2017, 3:57 pm

Love both card styles

• Sharon July 27, 2017, 7:06 pm

These cards are very nice. I will be giving them a try, very soon, when I begin making my holiday cards. Thank you.

• Pat July 28, 2017, 10:00 am

It’s hard to say which one I like better. I’m learning to use those negative pieces and not discard them. Recently, made a lattice card using all those little strips of paper that are left when you cut a card. It was beautiful! Thank you! I love the candy cane background stamp.

Catherine Pooler Designs Christmas Embossing Gallery Holiday Projects Videos

winners

Winners for the Stamp of Approval Blog Hops!

Counting Blessings Fallen Leaves1

Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval Blog Hop Day 3: Stencil and Watercolored Backgrounds

Fallen Leaves 4

Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval Blog Hop Day 2: Fallen Leaves

Bloomin' Bouquet 1.1

Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval Blog Hop Day 1: Bloomin’ Bouquet

Counting Blessings Thankful

Counting Blessings – Grateful, Thankful, Blessed

Counting Blessings Until Further Notice

Counting Blessings – Stenciling with Multiple Colors

Counting Blessings Faux Bleaching

Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval – Faux Bleaching

CountingBlesings_BlogFBComingSoon

A Quick Card and a peek at the Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval Collection!

IngridCU-CP-FP-2b

The Perfect Pear with Ingrid Blackburn

Chrissie_Pineapple

Masked Mod Flower Stencil with Chrissie Tobas

ECShow_Instagram

Enchanted Cottage, here I come!

Floral Background KISS Cards_3

Floral Background: KISS Cards

citrushello

Summer Citrus with Melissa Miller

Mod Flower Watercolor Card 2

Using Stencils as Stamps – Brick Wall with Graffiti Style Sentiments

How to reink youtube

How to Reink your Ink Pads- sounds easy, but you’ll want these tips!

pineapplethanks