Easy Holiday Cards to Make – Two Ways! KISS Cards

2 way holiday cards 2 card layers, 4 card bases, a sentiment and some darling little candy canes make four really cute KISS Cards in no time!

When I make KISS (keep it simple stamper)  Cards, I keep a few things in mind:

• simple design
  • assembly line style stamping and card assembly
  • same or similar design on all cards

Here’s a video tutorial showing how I made these cards.

Easy Holiday Cards to Make – Two Ways!

2 way holiday cards 2 When you begin, cut all your card stock at once.  If you cut one full sheet of card stock in quarters (minus 1/4″ – so your card layers will be 4 x 5-1/4), you’ll have layers for four cards.

Since we die cut through the card layer and used the positive and the negative die cut, two card layers was enough for four cards!

2 way holiday cards 3 I used Wanderlust Embossing Powder after stamping the Peppermint Stick Background stamp in Versamark ink.  It gives a gorgeous, sparkly, yet subtle striped background.

I stamped and die cut the candy canes, adhered them together and they were the perfect accent on this simple card design.  In the video you can see how simple the card is before adding the candy canes and how adding them really made the card!

2 way holiday cards 4

All the products used here were from our Candy Cane Lane Stamp of Approval Collection and now are available in our store!

BLOG-FB_CandyCaneLane

Click here to see the entire CCL Collection!

• Maggie B July 25, 2017, 8:30 pm

Hi CP ~ Seeing these KISS cards MADE my day!!! (Did my begging help?) Not only are they adorable (especially the positive space one!) but I mass produce Christmas cards every year to donate to a few organizations and these are perfect for that. Thanks so much for sharing and I hope you keep KISSing!! ~HUGS~
    #kindnessmatters

• Teresa Rawnick July 25, 2017, 9:17 pm

Love this <3

• Dawn T July 26, 2017, 3:17 am

Beautiful Catherine. I love these KISS cards.

• Penelope July 26, 2017, 1:36 pm

I always like Merry Christmas or Sweetest Christmas wishes best. I send Christmas cards, not holiday cards though, so I’m a bit partial.
    Hard to say which design I like better, both are really cute and I like the different sized candy.

• Kathy Serrahn July 26, 2017, 3:57 pm

Love both card styles

• Sharon July 27, 2017, 7:06 pm

These cards are very nice. I will be giving them a try, very soon, when I begin making my holiday cards. Thank you.

• Pat July 28, 2017, 10:00 am

It’s hard to say which one I like better. I’m learning to use those negative pieces and not discard them. Recently, made a lattice card using all those little strips of paper that are left when you cut a card. It was beautiful! Thank you! I love the candy cane background stamp.

Catherine Pooler Designs Christmas Embossing Gallery Holiday Projects Videos

Interesting Image

Faithful Flutterings and Stained Glass coverplate

Zen Garden Release Day 4: Stained Glass Coverplate and Faithful Flutterings

Eat Sleep Create and Chevron Cheer

Zen Garden Release Blog Hop Day 3: Eat, Sleep, Create Stamps and Dies

Love Grows 4

Zen Garden Blog Hop Day 2: Love Grows Stamp Set and Dies

Chevron Cheer

Zen Garden Release Blog Hop Day 1

Emboss Resist Save the Youtuber 3

Emboss Resist Technique – Save the YouTuber Blog Hop!

2018-01-26 14.01.01-1

Zen Garden is COMING! and product preview

KristieCPblog

A Colorful World Awaits with Kristie

Ink+Blended+Note+Cards+w-+Catherine+Pooler+Love+Is+In+The+Air+Stamp+of+Approval-1

Blended Note Cards with Cynde

SOA Jan Balloon Shaker Jenny Colacicco A

Shaker Card with Jenny Colacicco

Ink Blended Stamp Happy Birthday Card

Happy Birthday Hand Made Card with Ink Blending ON the Stamp!

IMG-4267

XOX Background with Ashlea Cornell

Love is in the AIR SOA Tracie Pond The World Awaits Bon Voyage

The World Awaits with Tracie Pond

Creativation - The People

Creativation Wrap-up and Video Tours of the Booth!

Background Stamping with Ilina Crouse