Easy Holiday Cards to Make – Two Ways! KISS Cards

2 way holiday cards 2 card layers, 4 card bases, a sentiment and some darling little candy canes make four really cute KISS Cards in no time!

When I make KISS (keep it simple stamper)  Cards, I keep a few things in mind:

• simple design
  • assembly line style stamping and card assembly
  • same or similar design on all cards

Here’s a video tutorial showing how I made these cards.

Easy Holiday Cards to Make – Two Ways!

2 way holiday cards 2 When you begin, cut all your card stock at once.  If you cut one full sheet of card stock in quarters (minus 1/4″ – so your card layers will be 4 x 5-1/4), you’ll have layers for four cards.

Since we die cut through the card layer and used the positive and the negative die cut, two card layers was enough for four cards!

2 way holiday cards 3 I used Wanderlust Embossing Powder after stamping the Peppermint Stick Background stamp in Versamark ink.  It gives a gorgeous, sparkly, yet subtle striped background.

I stamped and die cut the candy canes, adhered them together and they were the perfect accent on this simple card design.  In the video you can see how simple the card is before adding the candy canes and how adding them really made the card!

2 way holiday cards 4

All the products used here were from our Candy Cane Lane Stamp of Approval Collection and now are available in our store!

BLOG-FB_CandyCaneLane

Click here to see the entire CCL Collection!

• Maggie B July 25, 2017, 8:30 pm

Hi CP ~ Seeing these KISS cards MADE my day!!! (Did my begging help?) Not only are they adorable (especially the positive space one!) but I mass produce Christmas cards every year to donate to a few organizations and these are perfect for that. Thanks so much for sharing and I hope you keep KISSing!! ~HUGS~
    #kindnessmatters

• Teresa Rawnick July 25, 2017, 9:17 pm

Love this <3

• Dawn T July 26, 2017, 3:17 am

Beautiful Catherine. I love these KISS cards.

• Penelope July 26, 2017, 1:36 pm

I always like Merry Christmas or Sweetest Christmas wishes best. I send Christmas cards, not holiday cards though, so I’m a bit partial.
    Hard to say which design I like better, both are really cute and I like the different sized candy.

• Kathy Serrahn July 26, 2017, 3:57 pm

Love both card styles

• Sharon July 27, 2017, 7:06 pm

These cards are very nice. I will be giving them a try, very soon, when I begin making my holiday cards. Thank you.

• Pat July 28, 2017, 10:00 am

It’s hard to say which one I like better. I’m learning to use those negative pieces and not discard them. Recently, made a lattice card using all those little strips of paper that are left when you cut a card. It was beautiful! Thank you! I love the candy cane background stamp.

Catherine Pooler Designs Christmas Embossing Gallery Holiday Projects Videos

Kristieswoop

White and Black Popped Sentiment Focal Point with Kristie Goulet

Stamp of Approval Project guide

Who’s looking for inspiration?

Winterhaven-Stamp-of-Approval-Joy-Wreath-Feature-Image

Pink Snowflake Joy and WINNERS!

SOA Winterhaven Joy Chalkboard 2

Blog Hop Day 3: Chalkboard Holiday Cards and Watercolored Wreath

SOA Winterhaven Joy wreath 2

Blog Hop Day 2: Tis the Season Wreath Card and Faux Metal Accents

SOA Winterhaven Tags 2

Winterhaven Stamp of Approval Collection Blog Hop Day 1: Good Stuff Tags

SOA Winterhaven carolers 2

Winterhaven Stamp of Approval Preview Day 2: Here We Come A-Caroling

SOA Winterhaven Watercolor Poinsettia

Winterhaven Stamp of Approval Preview Day 1: Tis the Season and Here We Come A Caroling Stamp Sets

View More: http://em-grey.pass.us/catherine-pooler-august-2016-em-grey-photography-raleigh-nc

Card Making Goodness is out of control! (in a very, very good way)

wcmd2017_blogfb (1)

World Card Making Day Sponsors

WCMDcollage

Our World Card Making Day Weekend begins on Friday!

Multi-Step Stamping and Angled Card Front 4

Multi-Step Stamping, Tone on Tone Stenciling and Angled Card Fronts

SOA-CPBlogPost

Clean & Graphic Leaf Motifs with Maureen

Congrats with Arjita Singh

Creating a Winter Sunset Scene

Creating a Winter Sunset Scene Tutorial at StampNation

Hello Clean and Simple

Fun and Fabulous Items Coming to the Shop!