Simply Stamped with Maureen Merritt

Hi there, it’s Maureen here sharing a card I’ve designed using Catherine’s most recent Spring Fling release.  I was able to squeeze in a lot of products in this one CAS card!

CPBog In all honesty, this card began way differently than it turned out!  It’s one of those that you have to keep changing because you smudge black ink, try to fix a layer and cut it ragged, you know fun design challenges like that ;)  All in all, I’m pretty pleased with the end result.

I started by inking the Modern Damask Background stamp set in It’s a Girl, Bellini, Tiara and Melon Ice inks, overlapping just a bit as I added each color.  I cut this stamped panel on an angle and set it aside.

CPblogCU2 I’m not much of a colorist, so I am always looking for new ideas and techniques to use with line art stamps.  To color the Beautiful You flowers on this card I first stamped the image in Midnight ink, then flipped the stamp over and stamped the backside of the stamp in It’s a Girl, Bellini and Tiara inks.

The leaves were done the same way.  This is a great way to add color to line images.  They don’t always line up perfectly, but the free form of these images allowed me to cut away and parts that were white.

The rest if the card came together quite quickly and easily (despite the Midnight ink mishap!)  I fussy cut the flowers and leaves, then stamped the sentiment from Simply Stated in Midnight ink.  I added the stamped background piece to a white panel and then a white card base.  The finishing touches include rhinestones and twine.

For all of your non-colorers like myself, what techniques do you like to use with line art stamps?  Leave me a comment and let me know!!

Thanks for stopping by!

Note from Catherine:  check back in early July!  We’ll be releasing DIES for the Beautiful You Stamp set!

• Pam K June 22, 2017, 4:07 pm

The colors are what make this card…very springlike and pretty, not overwhelming.

Thanks for sharing!

• Heather M North June 22, 2017, 4:39 pm

Even your boo-boos turn into perfection, Maureen. <3 I love your tip about stamping with the back of the stamp to quickly color line art images!!!

• Ann Greene June 22, 2017, 9:26 pm

Wow, I love how your mistakes turned out! This is a beautiful card.

• Peggy June 23, 2017, 5:51 pm

I am definitely a “non-colorer” too and I like to add color with a sponge and distress inks. I don’t worry about staying within the lines–I like to casual look.

• Maggie B June 23, 2017, 9:28 pm

Hi Mo & CP ~ Gorgeous card!! I always feel intimidated by my inability to use alcohol markers no matter how I try, but love the look I get when I heat emboss the outline and “watercolor” with CPD inks or my Distress Inks. Such wonderful results that truly fool people into thinking I “know” what I’m doing when it comes to watercoloring. LOL Thanks for sharing this fun technique….I never would’ve thought to simply flip the stamp over and use the backside to “color” the image in. Have an awesome weekend ladies! ~HUGS~
    #kindnessmatters

• Kirsty Vittetoe June 25, 2017, 4:03 pm

Beautiful!

Catherine Pooler Designs Floral Gallery Projects

Congrats with Arjita Singh

Creating a Winter Sunset Scene

Creating a Winter Sunset Scene Tutorial at StampNation

Hello Clean and Simple

Fun and Fabulous Items Coming to the Shop!

Soft Stenciling with Heather

It’s Our Birthday!

Thoughts_detail

Negative Die Cutting with the Perfect Vine Die with Chrissie Tobas

PartialStenciling

Partial Stenciling with Maureen Merritt

winners

Winners for the Stamp of Approval Blog Hops!

Counting Blessings Fallen Leaves1

Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval Blog Hop Day 3: Stencil and Watercolored Backgrounds

Fallen Leaves 4