Gelato Backgrounds and Stamping

summermasterclassseries_blogsized The thing that members say they love the most about StampNation is the community.  Card making is a fairly niche hobby and many of us don’t have friends that share our passion.   But if you’ve ever met fellow card makers in person, you know there’s an instant connection as soon as you learn that someone shares your passion.

As soon as you walk through the virtual doors of StampNation, it’s the same way.  Instant friends.  Pretty awesome, eh?

That’s not where the awesomeness stops, though.

We also strive to bring top notch inspiration and education to our members.  And we have a summer full of Masterclasses planned to do just that!

We kicked off our series yesterday with Design Memory Craft Faber-Castell.  Yesterday’s video was all about Gelatos and Jennifer Spoden shared TEN different ways to use them!  WOW!

Members are already getting busy and creating fabulous cards and sharing them over in the forums.  I got inspired as well to use some of the techniques that Jennifer shared.

Gelatos Backgrounds 2 In this video, we’ll create a vibrant, iridescent background with Gelatos, then stamp over it before finishing off the card.

Gelato Backgrounds and Stamping

Gelatos Backgrounds The texure on the background and the iridescence is pretty amazing and the technique is pretty simple!

• Rub your Gelatos on the card stock (I used watercolor card stock).
  • Smudge and smear with your finger.
  • Mist background stamp with water.
  • Lay the stamp on the background piece, hold in place for a minute and remove.
  • If you want a less subtle background, rub your Gelatos on the stamp, mist and stamp.

You’ll get a different look every time, you’ll get messy perhaps, but I promise you’ll have fun!

Gelatos Backgrounds 3

Here’s another card I had fun with yesterday on Facebook Live.  If you missed it, you can see the replay here.

If you are looking for card making kindred spirits, inspiration and education, then StampNation is your place…Click here to learn more and join us today!

We also added a video today on Design Memory Craft Mediums and will be adding challenges (hint:  PRIZES!!!) and project videos this week and next.

And the thing we are all super stoked about is the LIVE STREAM with Design Memory Craft Faber Castell next Thursday at 1 pm eastern.  Members, the registration link will be posted soon.  Can. Not. WAIT!

Click here if you haven’t joined us over at StampNation yet! :)

• Theresa June 20, 2017, 3:06 pm

Catherine, this is just gorgeous! I watched your video yesterday and was on pins and needles to see today’s. The stamp nation master class doesn’t disappoint. I am going to have to get some gelatos now. Thanks for all you and your team do. You all truly inspire me.

• Maggie B June 20, 2017, 10:10 pm

Hi CP ~ As my daughter used to say, “This is god-ress!!” I love all things #1 Gelatos & #2 Concentric Circles!! Put them together and whaddya got? AWESOMENESS!!! Thanks for sharing these beauties and I can’t wait until I can play around with my Gelatos too. ~HUGS~
    #kindnessmatters

• Anita Falcone June 20, 2017, 11:24 pm

I love this! I have gelato too! Guess what I’m going to do!!! Thanks for the cards.

• Debbie Burnham June 22, 2017, 10:23 pm

I had to go right out and buy some gelatos! Will be playing with them this weekend!

• Barb macaskill June 22, 2017, 11:02 pm

I just had an aha moment as I watched you placing the sequins! I never realized that the sticky pen comes apart so that you can use the bottom end to keep your gem or sequin in place! Thanks for the awesome inspiration!

• Pat June 23, 2017, 9:06 am

I bought Gelatos some time ago and have never had the courage to try them. Your card was beautiful and an inspiration to me. Thank you for the tutorial on my Gelatos. Will give them a try now….

• Teresa June 24, 2017, 8:48 pm

Thanks, Catherine, for this great idea!! I have some Gelatos and really didn’t know what to do with them. Can’t wait to try this!!!! Beautiful card!!!!

Catherine Pooler Designs Floral Gallery Projects Techniques Videos

Laurel CASE 2

Paradise Found Release Blog Hop Day #3

Best in Spa Colors 2

Paradise Found Release Blog Hop Day #2

Winter Woodland 2

Paradise Found Release Blog Hop Day #1

View More: http://em-grey.pass.us/cp-october-2017-product-images-em-grey-photography-raleigh-nc

Spa Collection Ink Release details and Winners!

day5

Two More Colors!!

View More: http://em-grey.pass.us/cp-october-2017-1-100

Spa Collection: Fourth Ink Color Reveal!

Screen Shot 2017-11-06 at 7.11.07 PM

Introducing Our New Ink Line!

View More: http://em-grey.pass.us/cp-october-2017-1-100

Surrounding Yourself With…

finding inspiration

Finding Inspiration

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place….

2017101801

Best Wishes Hand Made Card with Ardyth

SelfCareWeekend_FB-Blog

CP’s Self-Care Weekend and a CHALLENGE!

Thank You Hand Made Card with Stenciling

KristieIpickyou

Citrus Slices and Checkerboards with Kristie

Kristieswoop

White and Black Popped Sentiment Focal Point with Kristie Goulet

Stamp of Approval Project guide

Who’s looking for inspiration?