Sponged, Sprayed and Glitter Embossed

Sponged, Sprayed and Embossed 2 Hello my friends!  Sometimes when I want to make a card, I don’t know what to do or where to go, so I just start playing.  That’s what I did on this card and it gradually evolved and I love the result!

This card started with sponging Aquatini Ink onto White Card Stock.  I was getting a really streaky, splotchy result (probably because I wasn’t patient enough!) so I sprayed it with water hoping to get the ink to move a bit and react with the water and smooth out.

That’s exactly what I got!  I also got little specks/splotches where the mist hit the paper.  This resulted in a really cool look.

I wasn’t done with the background though, I wanted to emboss the swirls from the Beautiful World Stamp Set in white, but when I went to get the white embossing powder, the Sand Dunes Embossing Powder caught my eye!  (We’ll be restocking this item soon!)

The Sand Dunes embossed on the Aquatini background is an exquisite combination!

Sponged, Sprayed and Embossed I adorned this technique piece with a 3-1/4 x 4-1/2″ piece of Card Stock with a die cut ambersand from the And Dies.

I added a few sequins in the negative space for a sort of faux-shaker card look and added a sweet little butterfly from the Butterfly Notes Stamp Set (which you can get in this bundle at a discount). The “For All You Do” and “For Being Awesome” were perfect for finishing off this card.

My pictures do not do this card justice, it’s so pretty in person!  I’m thinking about CASEing this card…I have an idea that combines stenciling and glass glitter gel.  Kinda like the technique video I put up over the weekend!

View More: http://em-grey.pass.us/catherine-pooler-october-2016-em-grey-photography-raleigh-nc Aquatini has been a favorite from our first ink release…leave me a comment in the comment section (click the blog post title, then scroll down to find it) and let me know which of our inks is YOUR favorite!

Click here to see our gorgeous rainbow of ink colors.

Speaking of ink and favorites…in just a couple weeks we have new colors coming!  The photos just hit my inbox today and the inks should ship soon!  We’re busy behind the scenes making room in our new office and getting everything prepared to release these amazing new 8 ink colors to you.

Can’t WAIT!!!!

If you haven’t used our inks yet, click here to learn more about them!

• Maggie B April 4, 2017, 9:40 pm

Hi CP ~ I absolutely love this card!! The Aquatini (my very favorite!) looks fantastic as the background and all the speckles remind me of a robin’s egg. Love how your playing around came together so beautifully. Thanks for the inspiration and for all the fabulous CPD products. I can’t wait until you release the next set of inks. ~HUGS~
    #kindnessmatters

• Michelle W April 5, 2017, 1:46 am

Hi Catherine, I do love Aquatini but my most fave of all is the Flirty Fuchsia! Love your card and can’t wait for the new colours!

• Tara Powell April 5, 2017, 10:29 am

Hi Catherine! I have to say Aquatini and Lime Rickey are in a tie for my favorite so far unless something from the new collection catches my eye. lol Can’t wait to see the new colors!

• Kathy Serrahn April 5, 2017, 10:31 am

awesome card

• Kirsty Vittetoe April 6, 2017, 12:43 am

So pretty!

• Lois John April 6, 2017, 10:07 pm

My favourite is Aquatini hands down! I love this card!!

• Cheryl Jones April 7, 2017, 12:00 am

My favorite is Flirty Fuscia.

• Dawn April 7, 2017, 12:48 am

Hi Catherine, this card is gorgeous. I definitely will be CASEing this. Because I am a purple freak, flirty fuschia is my favorite (even if I haven’t gotten it yet and haven’t stamped anything with it yet) although I can’t say it will be my only favorite.
    Love everything you do and love how you inspire me and not just in stamping.
    ♡《hugs》♡

• Helen F April 7, 2017, 8:19 am

Great colours. Loving the Aquatini! This card is very special. Just love the soft shades and touches of sparkle.

• Lesley April 8, 2017, 4:03 pm

I love the Aquatini but the flirty fuschia is gorgeous.

• Michelle April 9, 2017, 10:36 pm

I love Aquatini, too. I’m a sucker for all things turquoise!

Catherine Pooler Designs Embossing Gallery Projects Techniques

Beautiful-You-Ingrid-Blackburn

Prominent Sentiments with Ingrid Blackburn

Shaped Card detail wm

Circle Shaped Card with Chrissie Tobas

SOA WInners

Stamp of Approval Winners!

Happy Birthday Watercolor and Embossed Card 2

Field Trip to Betty’s Creative Studio

Ellen Hutson Breast Cancer Blog Hop

UNITED WE CONQUER! Ellen Hutson BCRF Fundraiser

Spring Fling 039ADJ copy.jpgSMALL

Congrats with Lisa Harrolle

Congratulations Spot On 1

Congratulations Card with new Spring Fling Inks!