Butterfly Rainbow with the Rock and Roll Technique!

Hi there, It’s Maureen here with a guest post that I made just for you! With Spring right around the corner, I’m inspired to make cards featuring flowers and butterflies, birds and nature. I just can’t wait to see buds on the trees and hear birds singing outside my window. Maybe some of you have already seen a touch of Spring depending on where you live.
RainbowButterflies I have been dreaming up a rainbow butterfly card in my head for a while. I reached for my beloved Butterfly Notes stamp set and got busy.

I used nearly every ink color in the Catherine Pooler line. I arranged the ink in rainbow order on my work surface and start stamping mid-rainbow and in the center of my 4 x 5 1/4” white panel.

Each butterfly was first stamp in a lighter shade and then rolled in a darker shade (or even a different, but darker color). This is the Rock & Roll technique.

RainbowButterfliesCU Once all of the larger butterflies were stamped, I went in and added some smaller butterflies and polka dots to fill in the empty space. To get even more variation in color, I stamped off some of the dots.

I really wanted those butterflies to be the focus of my card, so I added just a simple sentiment. I didn’t want my sentiment to look as if it were floating, so I grounded it with three score line. I then added my sentiment which was stamped and heat embossed in white on black card stock, then added it to the stamped panel with foam adhesive. The card was complete by placing it on a white card base.

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you enjoyed my project!

Facebook2

Don’t miss the bundles that hit the shop!  Easy to shop for coordinating products and you get a discount.  Win win!

You’ll even find a few of the products that Maureen used on her project today in the bundles.

Click here to view our bundles.

• Susan White March 21, 2017, 6:13 pm

I love this card Maureen!!

• Robi March 21, 2017, 8:34 pm

Love your card! Love butterflies!

• Holly Paplow March 21, 2017, 9:25 pm

I love this card. I have this stamp set. I will have to try making one of these cards. Thanks for sharing!

• Leanne in Cali March 22, 2017, 10:29 am

Beautiful colors and butterflies! Thanks for sharing Maureen’s fun card!!

• MichelleW March 23, 2017, 7:05 am

Love this! Those colours!!

• Barb Oliver March 23, 2017, 10:14 pm

Maureen, your card is so beautiful; thanks for sharing!

• Maggie B March 23, 2017, 11:04 pm

HI Mo ~ This card is so fun and springy! Thanks so much for sharing and here’s to hoping the snow will all soon be gone!! ~HUGS~
    #kindnessmatters

• Sharon Perehudoff March 24, 2017, 10:44 am

Maureen your card is amazing ! !

Catherine Pooler Designs Gallery Projects Techniques

Interesting Image

BCSD CFS

Learn, Share and Do

SOA_LITA_Facebook-Sidebar_Available-Now

Winners and Birthday Card Bash!

KBaker_JanSoA_3

Sending Love with Karen Baker with Love is in the Air SOA

Screen Shot 2018-01-10 at 11.19.15 AM

Season’s Giving Blog Hop WINNER!

LITA Love You Clean and Simple

Stamp of Approval Love is in the Air Blog Hop Day 3

LITA Happiness Enclosed

Stamp of Approval Love is in the Air Blog Hop Day 2

SOA_LITA_Blog_Comment-To-Win

Stamp of Approval Love is in the Air Blog Hop Day 1: Emboss Resist and Inlaid Die Cutting Technique

LITA Bon VOyage 3

Love is in the Air Stamp of Approval Collection – Product Reveal Day #3

LITA Watercolored Love

Stamp of Approval Love is in the Air Collection – Product Reveal Day #2

LITA Rock and Rolled

Stamp of Approval Collection Product Reveals!

Love is in the Air with Sunburst

Stamp of Approval Love is in the Air Collection – Product Reveal Day #1

Seasons Giving Blog Hop

Season’s Givings Blog Hop

2018 Catherine Pooler Designs Creative Team

Introducing the New 2018 Creative Team

SN_Birthday_Blog

Ready for 2018? What we’re up to in January!

Naturally Inspired