Second Generation (and ombre!) Stamping with The Perfect Reason

Second Generation Stamping with The Perfect Reason Collection YT I went to visit my Mother-in-law recently and brought a tote of stamps with me…a bit of cardstock, all of my ink pads, and my The Perfect Reason Stamp of Approval Collection.  I love how portable these collections are!    They are perfect to grab and go for stamping time outside the house.

I played with some colors and different variations of the geometric stamps from the Everyday Mod Stamp Set that comes in the collection and came up with the card on the right.

I wanted to make a video, and you all know I can’t stamp the same card twice, so I did a bit of tweaking and added ombre stamping and Second Generation stamping, I changed the position of the stamping slightly and mounted it on a black layer and a white card base.

Second Generation Stamping with The Perfect Reason

Sometimes I get a bit of tunnel vision happenin’ when I’m stamping and when I edit I have a face palm moment.

That’s what happened during this video.

Do you know why?

After I inked my stamp, I stamped off on scratch paper.  WHY didn’t I stamp on a card layer?  I could have had two for one!

So, don’t do what I did…when you try this, stamp on a layer, then stamp for the second time on another stamp layer and BAM!  You’ve got two for the price of one! YAY!

Second Generation Stamping with The Perfect Reason Collection_

If you haven’t grabbed your The Perfect Reason Stamp of Approval Collection, they are while supplies last and we are getting close to sold out.  Grab yours here!

Thanks for popping in today!

• MichelleW February 23, 2017, 4:45 pm

I love the second generation your inks give! I couldn’t take my eyes off all the colour swatches behind you in your intro!!

• Nancy Lynn Kamrowski February 23, 2017, 4:47 pm

Thanks for the inspiration! I’ve been looking at that stamp trying to come up with a layout!

• Avra Williams February 23, 2017, 5:53 pm

Haha! Cute cards! I recently watched one of Jennifer McGuire’s videos, where she created two cards by stamping one then stamping the next second generation. I thought of how perfect your inks would work for that technique!

• ANN GREENE February 24, 2017, 3:44 pm

Catherine you should have started with two card fronts. That would be using one for the 1st generation and the other for the second. That way you don’t waste the ink on scrap paper with the first generation of the ink.

• Genevieve February 25, 2017, 7:07 am

These inks rock . Received them last week they are my keep them next to me favorite inks . Now I want more colors pastels,earthy,neons why not … ;)
    Please keep them coming
    Great project .

• Maggie B February 25, 2017, 7:40 pm

Hi CP ~ I absolutely love all the little detail stamps that SOA has. I have never (EVER) been disappointed in any of the SOA collections (and I’ve got them all). The cards you’ve done here are just plain old fun!! Thanks for continuing to inspire. ~HUGS~
    #kindnessmatters

• Barbara S February 26, 2017, 2:20 pm

Love the look of that card – it will most likely be CASE’d again. Only one thing, I would not have wasted that first inking (colors are to GREAT). That would have been a second card – LOL

• Lois John February 28, 2017, 4:19 pm

I had the same thought about where you were stamping first!! Why isn’t she making another card instead of stamping off on a piece of paper? And believe me, I don’t often come up with these ideas!!

Catherine Pooler Designs Gallery Projects Stamp of Approval Techniques Videos

Creating a Winter Sunset Scene

Creating a Winter Sunset Scene Tutorial at StampNation

Hello Clean and Simple

Fun and Fabulous Items Coming to the Shop!

Soft Stenciling with Heather

It’s Our Birthday!

Thoughts_detail

Negative Die Cutting with the Perfect Vine Die with Chrissie Tobas

PartialStenciling

Partial Stenciling with Maureen Merritt

winners

Winners for the Stamp of Approval Blog Hops!

Counting Blessings Fallen Leaves1

Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval Blog Hop Day 3: Stencil and Watercolored Backgrounds

Fallen Leaves 4