Using Dies as Stencils with The Perfect Reason SOA

Using Dies as Stencils Catherine Pooler We all love our dies…cookie cutter dies (the ones that cut out images) and stand alone dies like you see here.  This Perfect Vine Die premiered last week in The Perfect Reason Stamp of Approval Collection and is amazing as a stand alone, taking center stage on a card or it works great as an accent, an embellishment or peeking out from behind one of the flowers in The Perfect Reason Stamp Set.

When I started making this card, my plan (oh, my plans!  we all know how plans go!) was to stencil the leaves, remove them, add a greeting and BAM!  “you're done”!

A Clean and Simple Card.

But then I though it would be really fun to add the leaves back on, ever so slightly off center and I love how it looks!

Either way, you've got a great card and a great way to stretch your stamps!

Using Dies as Stencils with The Perfect Reason SOA

I'm loving this sponged, stenciled and splattered background!

What stencils do you have in your stash that you can try right now?

Using Dies as Stencils If you haven't grabbed this Stamp of Approval Collection, there's still time!  Click here to learn more!

If you haven't seen what's in this collection, visit our PROJECT GALLERY and look for the posts that say “The Perfect Reason”.

PerfectReason_Instagram_AvailableNow You can also visit our Pinterest Board for lots of card samples using the stamps, dies and stencil in this collection.

Traditionally, we don't show a photo of all the contents of the collection because we all love surprises.  If you watch my release week videos, you WILL see all the products, but you won't see them all together…just adds to the fun and surprise of it!  Hundreds of SOA Collections have gone out and lots of ladies have had their Christmas morning…so I thought I'd post a photo of the contents for you here  (plus I've seen sneaks of it on IG and FB)…so here ya go!

The Perfect Reason Collection Photo

Looking for more stencil and die inspiration?  Dream Team Member, Taheera Atchia created a fabulous tutorial using the same dies that I used in my tutorial as stencils, yet she got a completely different look!  Using Dies as Stencils StampNation Members, click here for the tutorial.

Not a member yet?  Click here to learn more – we hope you'll join us!

The Perfect Reason Collection items used on this card:

• Mod Squared Stamp Set
  • You Did It! Stamp Set
  • Perfect Vines Dies

• Melanie February 17, 2017, 4:16 pm

Thank you so much for sharing this technique. I love it and can’t wait to give it a try. :)

• Jean Heming February 17, 2017, 4:39 pm

I really loved your green leaf card and your teaching it!!! very pretty!!!

• Sharon February 17, 2017, 11:08 pm

I’ve often actually used my real cookie cutters for stencils! Glad to see someone else does it too!

• Jayne February 17, 2017, 11:40 pm

So can’t wait for my SOA box to arrive…..we are so far away and patience isn’t one of my strong points :)
    Thanks for sharing this technique. Love it. Happy day and weekend from Oz

• Linda February 18, 2017, 11:30 am

Very pretty card and a clever idea to do double duty with the dies.

• Pat February 19, 2017, 10:06 am

I’m always wondering what I can do with things like dies to justify the cost and your tutorial was perfect. Oftentimes, I cut something and then save the background as just can’t seem to discard it. You rock!!!!

• Barbara S February 22, 2017, 11:49 am

Great card – I like that idea. I am definitely going to try it.

Catherine Pooler Designs Gallery Projects Stamp of Approval Techniques Videos

Interesting Image

Chrissie Tobas Post

Faithful Flutterings with Chrissie

Available-Now_Square

Blog Hop Winners

Twisted Sunburst and Happiness Enclosed

Sunny with a Side of Sparkle Blog Hop Day 3: Stencils with Embossing Glitter

Starlights and Twisted Sunburst

Sunny with a Side of Sparkle Blog Hop Day 2: Stamping with Stencils

Starlights and Twisted Sunburst 3

Sunny with a Side of Sparkle Blog Hop Day 1

Available-June_Square

Sunny with a Side of Sparkle – full product reveal!

Stamping and Negative Die Cuts

Stamping and Negative Die Cuts – video tutorial

B8A18C9B-092A-4217-98F9-9FB7385F984B

You are Wonderful with Ashlea

DSC00425

Rainbow Note of Thanks with Lydia

mel-wonderful

Simply Wonderful with Melissa – stamping inside the BFF Background

CP Wild and Wonderful Tracie Pond (10 of 12)

Thank You For All You Do with Tracie Pond

7FE9EAEFD4C246149BD186C86183F7C7

Crush on Grape Crush with Susan

Congrats for ardyth 2

Ink Blended and Glittered Congratulations Card for Ardyth

Wonderful Wildflowers in pink and green

Catherine Pooler Designs