Using Dies as Stencils with The Perfect Reason SOA

Using Dies as Stencils Catherine Pooler We all love our dies…cookie cutter dies (the ones that cut out images) and stand alone dies like you see here.  This Perfect Vine Die premiered last week in The Perfect Reason Stamp of Approval Collection and is amazing as a stand alone, taking center stage on a card or it works great as an accent, an embellishment or peeking out from behind one of the flowers in The Perfect Reason Stamp Set.

When I started making this card, my plan (oh, my plans!  we all know how plans go!) was to stencil the leaves, remove them, add a greeting and BAM!  “you’re done”!

A Clean and Simple Card.

But then I though it would be really fun to add the leaves back on, ever so slightly off center and I love how it looks!

Either way, you’ve got a great card and a great way to stretch your stamps!

Using Dies as Stencils with The Perfect Reason SOA

I’m loving this sponged, stenciled and splattered background!

What stencils do you have in your stash that you can try right now?

Using Dies as Stencils If you haven’t grabbed this Stamp of Approval Collection, there’s still time!  Click here to learn more!

If you haven’t seen what’s in this collection, visit our PROJECT GALLERY and look for the posts that say “The Perfect Reason”.

PerfectReason_Instagram_AvailableNow You can also visit our Pinterest Board for lots of card samples using the stamps, dies and stencil in this collection.

Traditionally, we don’t show a photo of all the contents of the collection because we all love surprises.  If you watch my release week videos, you WILL see all the products, but you won’t see them all together…just adds to the fun and surprise of it!  Hundreds of SOA Collections have gone out and lots of ladies have had their Christmas morning…so I thought I’d post a photo of the contents for you here  (plus I’ve seen sneaks of it on IG and FB)…so here ya go!

The Perfect Reason Collection Photo

Looking for more stencil and die inspiration?  Dream Team Member, Taheera Atchia created a fabulous tutorial using the same dies that I used in my tutorial as stencils, yet she got a completely different look!  Using Dies as Stencils StampNation Members, click here for the tutorial.

Not a member yet?  Click here to learn more – we hope you’ll join us!

The Perfect Reason Collection items used on this card:

• Mod Squared Stamp Set
  • You Did It! Stamp Set
  • Perfect Vines Dies

• Jean Heming February 17, 2017, 4:39 pm

I really loved your green leaf card and your teaching it!!! very pretty!!!

• Sharon February 17, 2017, 11:08 pm

I’ve often actually used my real cookie cutters for stencils! Glad to see someone else does it too!

• Jayne February 17, 2017, 11:40 pm

So can’t wait for my SOA box to arrive…..we are so far away and patience isn’t one of my strong points :)
    Thanks for sharing this technique. Love it. Happy day and weekend from Oz

• Linda February 18, 2017, 11:30 am

Very pretty card and a clever idea to do double duty with the dies.

• Pat February 19, 2017, 10:06 am

I’m always wondering what I can do with things like dies to justify the cost and your tutorial was perfect. Oftentimes, I cut something and then save the background as just can’t seem to discard it. You rock!!!!

• Barbara S February 22, 2017, 11:49 am

Great card – I like that idea. I am definitely going to try it.

Catherine Pooler Designs Gallery Projects Stamp of Approval Techniques Videos

RainbowButterflies

Butterfly Rainbow with the Rock and Roll Technique!

View More: http://em-grey.pass.us/catherine-pooler-october-2016-em-grey-photography-raleigh-nc

Best Practices for the Midnight Ink Pad

Alana and Petey

The “Petey” Experience

Spring Sale

More Creativation Favorites

Perfect Banners 7

CP’s Favorite Things from Creativation!

Creativation

Straight from Creativation

Embossing Paste and Stencils 2

Embossing Paste with Stencils with The Perfect Reason SOA

Second Generation Stamping with The Perfect Reason Collection YT

Second Generation (and ombre!) Stamping with The Perfect Reason

CASEing Allison and CP 3

Creating a Clean and Simple Card – CASEing with The Perfect Reason SOA!

This Week at StampNation…

Using Dies as Stencils Catherine Pooler

Using Dies as Stencils with The Perfect Reason SOA

Eva and Catherine Valentine's Day Card 2

The Cutest Video Hop Ever – Valentine’s Day Card by Eva

PerfectReason_Instagram_AvailableNow

The Perfect Reason SOA Winners!

31925642823_b0b86fde71_z

The Perfect Reason SOA is now available!

ProjectGuide