World Card Making Day: Giving Back with “Hello World”

helloword-bloghop-1 Hello my friends!  Today is a special day…I’ve known it was time to add a “Giving Back” element to my business for some time now.

Sometimes you just don’t know where to start….then there are times when the heavens open up, the stars align just right and the perfect opportunity lands right in your lap.

Here’s how the stars aligned one day in August:

Chaitali Narla messaged me offering to partner up to do some good in the world.  She would illustrate a stamp set for Catherine Pooler Designs and we’d work together to choose a cause to raise money for that cause through the sale of that set.

The next day, I was scrolling through my Facebook newsfeed and saw a Go Fund Me page set up by Jennifer Ingle (AKA Jingle) and her husband, Sean.

Sean is a teacher in a school where most kids are on a free and reduced lunch program, they don’t have computers at home or at school and the school doesn’t have the funds for a curriculum.  In the spirit of giving his students the best education he can provide, Sean is working to raise funds to purchase computers for his classroom.

You can read more here (and even donate to the campaign directly).

I thought I heard angels singing and I exclaimed “That’s IT!!!!  THIS is the cause!”

I immediately contacted Chaitali, she loved the idea, too and we let Jennifer in on our idea.

We began work brainstorming right away.

• Jennifer’s favorite greeting to put on a card is “Hello”.
  • I founded StampNation which is a community of stampers from more than 40 countries around the world.
  • We planned to release the promotion on World Card Making Day.
  • The first computer program people learn is “Hello World”

To pull of this together, we decided to create a stamp set with different “Hello” and “Hi” stamps, in several languages with fun greetings to stamp with it to tie in all the elements above.

Chaitali did an amazing job creating the Hello World Stamp Set and coordinating Dies and I know it’s going to be one I reach for time and time again!

Imagine the joy of remembering the sweet boys and girls in a school in Boston that now get to learn to use the computer because of this world-wide community of stampers!

Pretty awesome, if you ask me!

All profits from the sale of this stamp set and the coordinating dies from Saturday October 1 – Friday, October 7 will purchase computers and other school supplies for Sean’s classroom in Boston.

I can’t wait to see how this week unfolds and how many computers we can provide for these kids!!!

I bet you want to see these products in action!  I thought so…we also are releasing the YAY Stripes! stamp set which is going to be the black dress of your stamping collection (goes with EVERYTHING!!) and if you missed our Lovely Notes Collection back in July, those products will be for sale in the shop as well.

hello-dotted-chevron

Click here to visit the store, grab up these new products and help us reach our goal!

If you missed the Lovely Notes Collection from July, those items are available for individual sale now in the shop as well!

We’ve got an amazing crew of bloggers that played with these goodies, so there’s a parade of amazing projects for you…lots of great ideas to refer to when your products arrive.

BLOG HOP LIST:

Thank you for being here and helping us open the world for these kids through computers!!  Have fun!

• Debbie myers October 2, 2016, 5:15 pm

Love this stamp! I haven’t used my kaleidoscope inks in forever. The ombré inks by hero arts would probably work great as well. This is a great cause. I’ve heard of this school before. I think it was on Ellen degenerous

• Karen Roberts October 2, 2016, 8:59 pm

I love the background stamps and I went to the store and bought the as soon as I saw you use them.

• Ashlyn October 2, 2016, 9:22 pm

What a great idea! I went to the store and bought these stamps and dies right away. Thank you for thinking to do this!

• Deepa Lakshman October 3, 2016, 7:53 am

What a great cause. This is very special what you do.

• Chrissie Tobas October 3, 2016, 9:04 am

Love, love, love this! I love the color combo and this is one of my favorite sentiment sets ever!!! Thank you for organizing this!! Hugs!

• ~amy~ October 3, 2016, 10:01 am

Beautiful card Catherine.
    Love this collaboration with Chaitali….so happy to be part of this fabulous cause!

• Penelope October 3, 2016, 3:08 pm

Cool chevron stamp! Love it!

• Jean Marmo October 3, 2016, 5:19 pm

A gorgeous card!

• Marta October 3, 2016, 5:39 pm

Love this idea! So excited for the hop.

• Meg October 3, 2016, 7:02 pm

Love the background and how you got the double stamp effect! Thanks for your suggestion for that stamp too Heather North!

• Mary H. October 4, 2016, 9:36 am

What a wonderful cause and great products…a total win-win! I’m sending wishes for you to exceed your goals and these precious children are able to enjoy some modern technology!

• Denise Bryant October 4, 2016, 11:58 pm

Awesome stamps and dies! Love that ‘hello’!

• Lisa October 5, 2016, 4:28 am

I love the colors you used in this card! So awesome! I cannot wait to get my Hello World stamp set along with the yay one with the stripes! With these along with the S.O.A. we should be all set until January! So much fun! Such a blessing for us to be able to help the school children out also! Blessings! Lisa

• Mom and wife October 6, 2016, 1:03 am

Thanks for your kindness , your card is amazing

• Maggie B October 6, 2016, 1:26 am

Hi CP ~ First, I have to say that I am totally NOT surprised by your wonderful idea to give back to the “community,” not one bit. How perfect that we’re helping under-privileged children while enjoying the craft that we all love so very much. GENIUS!!! I love the fonts that Chaitali came up with as well as the varying language. So much fun and I can’t wait to get my hands on them all. Thanks for sharing and for helping children in need! ~HUGS~

• Judy Robinson October 7, 2016, 6:14 am

Love this set but the fact that it is helping better a classroom is the best.

• Betty October 10, 2016, 11:39 am

I love these stamps & how you used them. I didn’t know the dates to purchase so that I could help with the school computers–just ordered them this morning.

• Teresa Rawnick October 15, 2016, 3:32 pm

Love the card. And I just promised a friend some Hello cards so I’m loving this one. I ordered all 3 items and they got here today. Wow you are quick. Thanks Catherine. :)

Catherine Pooler Designs Projects Videos

winners

Winners for the Stamp of Approval Blog Hops!

Counting Blessings Fallen Leaves1

Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval Blog Hop Day 3: Stencil and Watercolored Backgrounds

Fallen Leaves 4

Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval Blog Hop Day 2: Fallen Leaves

Bloomin' Bouquet 1.1

Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval Blog Hop Day 1: Bloomin’ Bouquet

Counting Blessings Thankful

Counting Blessings – Grateful, Thankful, Blessed

Counting Blessings Until Further Notice

Counting Blessings – Stenciling with Multiple Colors

Counting Blessings Faux Bleaching

Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval – Faux Bleaching

CountingBlesings_BlogFBComingSoon

A Quick Card and a peek at the Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval Collection!

IngridCU-CP-FP-2b

The Perfect Pear with Ingrid Blackburn

Chrissie_Pineapple

Masked Mod Flower Stencil with Chrissie Tobas

ECShow_Instagram

Enchanted Cottage, here I come!

Floral Background KISS Cards_3

Floral Background: KISS Cards

citrushello

Summer Citrus with Melissa Miller

Mod Flower Watercolor Card 2

Using Stencils as Stamps – Brick Wall with Graffiti Style Sentiments

How to reink youtube

How to Reink your Ink Pads- sounds easy, but you’ll want these tips!

pineapplethanks