Stencil Embossing with White Embossing

Stencil Embossing 2 Over on Facebook I posted a tiny snippet of some projects I was working on last week.  I stamped and made my video, but it stopped there.  When I was done, I felt like I could do better.  Does that happen to you?

The cards are fine!  They are perfect for what they are intended to be…little gifts of happy to send to my niece and a girlfriend.  But,  I’m giving myself a hard time right now because I feel like my video projects should be better than “fine”.

Part of my issue, I think, is that I feel like I’m using the same card layout over and over again.

I hopped over to StampNation and took a peek at THIS tutorial that Maureen did the other day. Her projects are fantastic!

And guess what?  The layouts she used are exactly the ones I’ve been using lately.  In fact, one of them is exactly the layout I’m using today.

When she first saw them, I was blown away by how gorgeous her cards are, not once thinking that I’ve seen that layout before.

I’m trying to shift my mind set and give myself a break.  Will you do it with me?

We don’t need to reinvent the wheel or make the greatest card that ever existed every time.  Right?

As long as we are having fun, getting creative (it’s good for the soul, ya know) and brightening someone’s day with our hand stamped card, the goal is achieved.

With that, today’s card is a layout you’ve seen me use before.

I had fun.  I got creative.  And I’ll give this to one of my girlies to make them smile.  Check, check and CHECK.

Stencil Embossing with White Embossing

Thank you Gail (AKA owleyes on StampNation) for the inspiration today!

Stencil Embossing 1 Using stencils with embossing is a great way to extend the use of your supplies.  Try all sorts of stencils with this look.

Don’t have a lot of stencils?  No worries!  Check your stash of stamps and see what you can create a white embossed background with.

Great creative and most of all…have FUN!

StampNation_HeatinItUp If you are looking for more inspiration, be sure to RUN over to StampNation for the tutorials that Ingrid Blackburn posted today

Technique Combos & the Trapped Spotlight Technique

Holy cow!  Her samples are gorgeous!!!!

ingrid Seriously amazing stuff here.

Click here to learn more about StampNation if you haven’t joined us already…can’t wait to see you over there!

Thanks for stopping by today!!

Supplies:

• Ampersand Dies and Sentiments, Two Yous Dies, Tag Buddies (all will be available in my store later this month!)
  • Early Espresso Cardstock and Ink, Gold Cardstock, Crumb Cake Cardstock, White Baker’s Twine (SU!)

• Ingrid August 8, 2016, 2:24 pm

OMG – I LOVE that white on kraft!!! What a seriously cute card. It’s a great look. I totally hear you my friend and can relate. :)

• Kathy Serrahn August 8, 2016, 2:54 pm

Great card

• Jane Sprando August 8, 2016, 3:08 pm

Love how you use Versamark with the stencil! And I need to use tags more .

• Maggie B August 8, 2016, 3:47 pm

Hey CP ~ You’re right, Maureen’s cards are always awesome and she follows your lead like we do!! It’s what makes all of us so appreciative of all you do for so many of us. Mojo deprivation happens to all of us at one time or another and you’ve had so many things going on that it’s no wonder. The brain can only computer so many things at once and with the younger girls going back to school and Anna heading off on her (European?) trip you’ve had more than just a thing or two on your mind. This white on kraft with the Early Espresso and gold looks simply elegant. Thanks for always sharing and inspiring; I’m not sure what I’d do without you! ~HUGS~

• Nancy August 9, 2016, 11:29 am

Love this card Catherine, embossing is my favorite thing to do. You are so talented and thank you so much. I have learned so much from you.

• Gail August 9, 2016, 11:36 am

Your card is beautiful Catherine. I’m happy that you liked my card in the SN gallery. Gail

• Jayne August 10, 2016, 8:19 am

Love it. Thank your or sharing. Happy stamping

Floral Gallery Techniques Videos

RainbowButterflies

Butterfly Rainbow with the Rock and Roll Technique!

View More: http://em-grey.pass.us/catherine-pooler-october-2016-em-grey-photography-raleigh-nc

Best Practices for the Midnight Ink Pad

Alana and Petey

The “Petey” Experience

Spring Sale

More Creativation Favorites

Perfect Banners 7

CP’s Favorite Things from Creativation!

Creativation

Straight from Creativation

Embossing Paste and Stencils 2

Embossing Paste with Stencils with The Perfect Reason SOA

Second Generation Stamping with The Perfect Reason Collection YT

Second Generation (and ombre!) Stamping with The Perfect Reason

CASEing Allison and CP 3

Creating a Clean and Simple Card – CASEing with The Perfect Reason SOA!

This Week at StampNation…

Using Dies as Stencils Catherine Pooler

Using Dies as Stencils with The Perfect Reason SOA

Eva and Catherine Valentine's Day Card 2

The Cutest Video Hop Ever – Valentine’s Day Card by Eva

PerfectReason_Instagram_AvailableNow

The Perfect Reason SOA Winners!

31925642823_b0b86fde71_z

The Perfect Reason SOA is now available!

ProjectGuide