Shadow Stamping

Hi all, it’s Maureen here today sharing a simple technique to spice up your clean and simple cards.

ShadowStamping2

Stamping on Kaft cardstock gives such a timeless, classic look.  When combined with Shadow Stamping, the result is just stunning.

To make my card, I started with a piece of Kraft cardstock that was trimmed to 4 x 5 1/4.  I stamped the flowers and leaf images from SOA Eva’s Favorite Flowers first in white pigment ink and then with colored ink, slightly offsetting them.  Next I used the large scallop frame from the SOA Journal Card die and die cut the center of my stamped piece.  I sponged the edges so that it really popped once it was inset.  The sentiment from SOA All About You was heat embossed, then I added a “you” from the SOA Two Yous die with liquid glue.  From here you just add all of the pieces to a white card base and you are done!

SStamping CU

I love a card that comes together quickly and easily.  You could make a bunch of these in no time at all!

I hope you’ll give this technique a try!

Supplies:

Stamps:  All About You (Stamp of Approval)

Ink:  Real Red, Old Olive, Early Espresso (Stampin’  Up) White (WPlus9)

Paper:  Whisper White (Stampin’ Up) Kraft (WPlus9)

Accessories:  Journal Card Die, 2 Yous (Stamp of Approval)

• Elyse May 18, 2016, 3:31 pm

Beautiful card! Love that technique – will have to give it a try…

• Diana May 18, 2016, 7:44 pm

I LOVE this card — the colors and the technique make it pop!

• Marianne May 19, 2016, 6:04 am

Gorgeous!

• Kristie Goulet May 19, 2016, 7:32 am

This is one gorgeous card!!! LOVE it!!!

• Ashlyn May 19, 2016, 9:52 am

I love the creative simplicity of this technique. I’ll have to try this. The card is beautiful!

• Patti B. May 19, 2016, 12:19 pm

I love this card. Thanks Maureen for the inspiration!

• Migdalia Rodriguez May 19, 2016, 4:09 pm

Love the beautiful flowers. Gorgeous card.

• Jayne May 23, 2016, 7:29 am

Love this card and tried to case it using different sentiments. I found it difficult as a new stamper doing the shadow stamping and particularly as my white ink is very wet, but I’m happy with the end results and hope my friends will be too. Thank you Maureen for sharing.

Happy stamping and day

• Maggie B May 29, 2016, 10:57 pm

Hi Mo ~ Love this card….thanks for the reminder. Sometimes the tried and true methods take a back seat and we forget about them. ~HUGS~

Gallery Projects Stamp of Approval

Kristieswoop

White and Black Popped Sentiment Focal Point with Kristie Goulet

Stamp of Approval Project guide

Who’s looking for inspiration?

Winterhaven-Stamp-of-Approval-Joy-Wreath-Feature-Image

Pink Snowflake Joy and WINNERS!

SOA Winterhaven Joy Chalkboard 2

Blog Hop Day 3: Chalkboard Holiday Cards and Watercolored Wreath

SOA Winterhaven Joy wreath 2

Blog Hop Day 2: Tis the Season Wreath Card and Faux Metal Accents

SOA Winterhaven Tags 2

Winterhaven Stamp of Approval Collection Blog Hop Day 1: Good Stuff Tags

SOA Winterhaven carolers 2

Winterhaven Stamp of Approval Preview Day 2: Here We Come A-Caroling

SOA Winterhaven Watercolor Poinsettia

Winterhaven Stamp of Approval Preview Day 1: Tis the Season and Here We Come A Caroling Stamp Sets

View More: http://em-grey.pass.us/catherine-pooler-august-2016-em-grey-photography-raleigh-nc

Card Making Goodness is out of control! (in a very, very good way)

wcmd2017_blogfb (1)

World Card Making Day Sponsors

WCMDcollage

Our World Card Making Day Weekend begins on Friday!

Multi-Step Stamping and Angled Card Front 4

Multi-Step Stamping, Tone on Tone Stenciling and Angled Card Fronts

SOA-CPBlogPost

Clean & Graphic Leaf Motifs with Maureen

Congrats with Arjita Singh

Creating a Winter Sunset Scene

Creating a Winter Sunset Scene Tutorial at StampNation

Hello Clean and Simple

Fun and Fabulous Items Coming to the Shop!