Shadow Stamping

Hi all, it’s Maureen here today sharing a simple technique to spice up your clean and simple cards.

ShadowStamping2

Stamping on Kaft cardstock gives such a timeless, classic look.  When combined with Shadow Stamping, the result is just stunning.

To make my card, I started with a piece of Kraft cardstock that was trimmed to 4 x 5 1/4.  I stamped the flowers and leaf images from SOA Eva’s Favorite Flowers first in white pigment ink and then with colored ink, slightly offsetting them.  Next I used the large scallop frame from the SOA Journal Card die and die cut the center of my stamped piece.  I sponged the edges so that it really popped once it was inset.  The sentiment from SOA All About You was heat embossed, then I added a “you” from the SOA Two Yous die with liquid glue.  From here you just add all of the pieces to a white card base and you are done!

SStamping CU

I love a card that comes together quickly and easily.  You could make a bunch of these in no time at all!

I hope you’ll give this technique a try!

Supplies:

Stamps:  All About You (Stamp of Approval)

Ink:  Real Red, Old Olive, Early Espresso (Stampin’  Up) White (WPlus9)

Paper:  Whisper White (Stampin’ Up) Kraft (WPlus9)

Accessories:  Journal Card Die, 2 Yous (Stamp of Approval)

• Elyse May 18, 2016, 3:31 pm

Beautiful card! Love that technique – will have to give it a try…

• Diana May 18, 2016, 7:44 pm

I LOVE this card — the colors and the technique make it pop!

• Marianne May 19, 2016, 6:04 am

Gorgeous!

• Kristie Goulet May 19, 2016, 7:32 am

This is one gorgeous card!!! LOVE it!!!

• Ashlyn May 19, 2016, 9:52 am

I love the creative simplicity of this technique. I’ll have to try this. The card is beautiful!

• Patti B. May 19, 2016, 12:19 pm

I love this card. Thanks Maureen for the inspiration!

• Migdalia Rodriguez May 19, 2016, 4:09 pm

Love the beautiful flowers. Gorgeous card.

• Jayne May 23, 2016, 7:29 am

Love this card and tried to case it using different sentiments. I found it difficult as a new stamper doing the shadow stamping and particularly as my white ink is very wet, but I’m happy with the end results and hope my friends will be too. Thank you Maureen for sharing.

Happy stamping and day

• Maggie B May 29, 2016, 10:57 pm

Hi Mo ~ Love this card….thanks for the reminder. Sometimes the tried and true methods take a back seat and we forget about them. ~HUGS~

Gallery Projects Stamp of Approval

CPBog

Simply Stamped with Maureen Merritt

Gelatos Backgrounds

Gelato Backgrounds and Stamping

DSC00500

Happy Anniversary card with Lydia Evans

summermasterclassseries_blogsized

Masterclasses coming to StampNation!

Screen Shot 2017-06-09 at 11.55.54 AM

We have WINNERS! Stamp of Approval

Naturally Inspired Stamp of Approval Emboss Resist

Naturally Inspired Stamp of Approval Blog Hop Day 3: Emboss Resist Card

Naturally Inspired Stamp of Approval 2

Naturally Inspired Stamp of Approval Blog Hop Day 2: Stamped and Die Cut Card

Masculine Card with Stamp of Approval 2

Naturally Inspired Stamp of Approval Blog Hop Day 1: Masculine Card

Birds of a Feather 2

Naturally Inspired Stamp of Approval – Birds of a Feather

The best is yet to come 2

Product Reveal Day #2: Naturally Inspired SOA

Laughter is the best medicine

Product Reveal Day #1: Naturally Inspired SOA

Simply the Best 2

Early Preview of Stamp of Approval

View More: http://em-grey.pass.us/catherine-pooler-august-2016-em-grey-photography-raleigh-nc

SOA Sneak Peeks and Facebook Live!

SOAGDcollage

Stamp of Approval Guest Design Team!

Happy-Birthday-Cake-Card-by-Taheerah-Atchia-001