Direct-to-Paper with Kristie Goulet

I’m thrilled to have my friend and StampNation Dream Team member Kristie Goulet guest blogging today.  Take it away Kristie.

Hello everyone, Kristie here.   A big thank you to Catherine for inviting me to be a guest on her blog today!  I am excited to share my cards using stamps/dies from the Stamp of Approval collections.

cpblog1 I am not a huge fan of coloring, but I wanted a creative way to add color to these fun flowers from the Enchanted Garden stamp set from the SOA Beautiful World collection.  I stamped the flowers randomly on the background then used my mini distress ink pads to stamp color over each flower using the direct-to-paper technique.  The direct-to-paper lesson in the online class Technique Toolbox: Dye Ink pads reminded me of this technique.  Fun, right?!

I then die cut the frame from the Birthday Journal die from the SOA Young at Heart collection.  I added it to my card and then added some black and white flowers in the corner.  The sentiment is also from the Young at Heart collection and is embossed using white embossing powder.  I love how you can coordinate supplies from each collection.  They coordinate beautifully!

Here is a similar card using different colors and a different sentiment.

cpblog2 I hope I have inspired you to use the direct-to-paper technique to add color to your stamped images.  Have fun creating!

Thanks Kristie for sharing your beautiful cards and technique with us today.

Supplies:

Stamp of Approval Young at Heart & Beautiful World collections

Whisper White Cardstock (Stampin’ Up)

Black Cardstock (Papertrey Ink)

• Ina May 4, 2016, 4:43 pm

Love this technique. Love the cards.

• Michellew May 4, 2016, 4:59 pm

Love these!! Great way to colour the flowers, thanks for the tip Kristie!

• foleysfriend May 4, 2016, 5:32 pm

What a clever way to add colour (especially for those of us, raising my hand, who are challenged when it comes to colouring things in; hmmm – wonder if I missed some classes back in Kindergarten). LOVE!

• Lisa Harrolle May 4, 2016, 8:39 pm

That’s such an awesome technique Kristie!! I have to give this a try! Great card!

• Lisa May 5, 2016, 6:26 am

These cards are beautiful! I love seeing all the different cards done with this kit. Both of yours are similar yet pretty different all so. If that makes sense;). Thanks for sharing. Lisa

• Michele F May 5, 2016, 10:24 am

KRistie!!! you are sO very clever, and fantastic!!! LOve this idea! xx
    =]

• Nancy R May 5, 2016, 11:00 am

Super cute cards, Kristie. I’ll give that technique a try.

• Sharon Jones May 5, 2016, 11:02 am

Wow, Kristie! What GREAT cards! I love this technique…so fun!

• Maggie B May 5, 2016, 10:28 pm

WOW Kristie!! You totally rocked this card and you always come up with fun, creative ways to decorate and add dimension to your cards!! Love how you did this with the mini Distress Inks; quick and easy with the look of so much time and effort. Thanks so much for sharing!!

• Indian stamps May 7, 2016, 5:54 am

Very beautiful……

• Debbie Laine May 12, 2016, 12:57 pm

What a great idea. Love the effect!

Gallery Projects Techniques

RainbowButterflies

Butterfly Rainbow with the Rock and Roll Technique!

View More: http://em-grey.pass.us/catherine-pooler-october-2016-em-grey-photography-raleigh-nc

Best Practices for the Midnight Ink Pad

Alana and Petey

The “Petey” Experience

Spring Sale

More Creativation Favorites

Perfect Banners 7

CP’s Favorite Things from Creativation!

Creativation

Straight from Creativation

Embossing Paste and Stencils 2

Embossing Paste with Stencils with The Perfect Reason SOA

Second Generation Stamping with The Perfect Reason Collection YT

Second Generation (and ombre!) Stamping with The Perfect Reason

CASEing Allison and CP 3

Creating a Clean and Simple Card – CASEing with The Perfect Reason SOA!

This Week at StampNation…

Using Dies as Stencils Catherine Pooler

Using Dies as Stencils with The Perfect Reason SOA

Eva and Catherine Valentine's Day Card 2

The Cutest Video Hop Ever – Valentine’s Day Card by Eva

PerfectReason_Instagram_AvailableNow

The Perfect Reason SOA Winners!

31925642823_b0b86fde71_z

The Perfect Reason SOA is now available!

ProjectGuide