Direct-to-Paper with Kristie Goulet

I’m thrilled to have my friend and StampNation Dream Team member Kristie Goulet guest blogging today.  Take it away Kristie.

Hello everyone, Kristie here.   A big thank you to Catherine for inviting me to be a guest on her blog today!  I am excited to share my cards using stamps/dies from the Stamp of Approval collections.

cpblog1 I am not a huge fan of coloring, but I wanted a creative way to add color to these fun flowers from the Enchanted Garden stamp set from the SOA Beautiful World collection.  I stamped the flowers randomly on the background then used my mini distress ink pads to stamp color over each flower using the direct-to-paper technique.  The direct-to-paper lesson in the online class Technique Toolbox: Dye Ink pads reminded me of this technique.  Fun, right?!

I then die cut the frame from the Birthday Journal die from the SOA Young at Heart collection.  I added it to my card and then added some black and white flowers in the corner.  The sentiment is also from the Young at Heart collection and is embossed using white embossing powder.  I love how you can coordinate supplies from each collection.  They coordinate beautifully!

Here is a similar card using different colors and a different sentiment.

cpblog2 I hope I have inspired you to use the direct-to-paper technique to add color to your stamped images.  Have fun creating!

Thanks Kristie for sharing your beautiful cards and technique with us today.

Supplies:

Stamp of Approval Young at Heart & Beautiful World collections

Whisper White Cardstock (Stampin’ Up)

Black Cardstock (Papertrey Ink)

• Ina May 4, 2016, 4:43 pm

Love this technique. Love the cards.

• Michellew May 4, 2016, 4:59 pm

Love these!! Great way to colour the flowers, thanks for the tip Kristie!

• foleysfriend May 4, 2016, 5:32 pm

What a clever way to add colour (especially for those of us, raising my hand, who are challenged when it comes to colouring things in; hmmm – wonder if I missed some classes back in Kindergarten). LOVE!

• Lisa Harrolle May 4, 2016, 8:39 pm

That’s such an awesome technique Kristie!! I have to give this a try! Great card!

• Lisa May 5, 2016, 6:26 am

These cards are beautiful! I love seeing all the different cards done with this kit. Both of yours are similar yet pretty different all so. If that makes sense;). Thanks for sharing. Lisa

• Michele F May 5, 2016, 10:24 am

KRistie!!! you are sO very clever, and fantastic!!! LOve this idea! xx
    =]

• Nancy R May 5, 2016, 11:00 am

Super cute cards, Kristie. I’ll give that technique a try.

• Sharon Jones May 5, 2016, 11:02 am

Wow, Kristie! What GREAT cards! I love this technique…so fun!

• Maggie B May 5, 2016, 10:28 pm

WOW Kristie!! You totally rocked this card and you always come up with fun, creative ways to decorate and add dimension to your cards!! Love how you did this with the mini Distress Inks; quick and easy with the look of so much time and effort. Thanks so much for sharing!!

• Indian stamps May 7, 2016, 5:54 am

Very beautiful……

• Debbie Laine May 12, 2016, 12:57 pm

What a great idea. Love the effect!

Gallery Projects Techniques

Kristieswoop

White and Black Popped Sentiment Focal Point with Kristie Goulet

Stamp of Approval Project guide

Who’s looking for inspiration?

Winterhaven-Stamp-of-Approval-Joy-Wreath-Feature-Image

Pink Snowflake Joy and WINNERS!

SOA Winterhaven Joy Chalkboard 2

Blog Hop Day 3: Chalkboard Holiday Cards and Watercolored Wreath

SOA Winterhaven Joy wreath 2

Blog Hop Day 2: Tis the Season Wreath Card and Faux Metal Accents

SOA Winterhaven Tags 2

Winterhaven Stamp of Approval Collection Blog Hop Day 1: Good Stuff Tags

SOA Winterhaven carolers 2

Winterhaven Stamp of Approval Preview Day 2: Here We Come A-Caroling

SOA Winterhaven Watercolor Poinsettia

Winterhaven Stamp of Approval Preview Day 1: Tis the Season and Here We Come A Caroling Stamp Sets

View More: http://em-grey.pass.us/catherine-pooler-august-2016-em-grey-photography-raleigh-nc

Card Making Goodness is out of control! (in a very, very good way)

wcmd2017_blogfb (1)

World Card Making Day Sponsors

WCMDcollage

Our World Card Making Day Weekend begins on Friday!

Multi-Step Stamping and Angled Card Front 4

Multi-Step Stamping, Tone on Tone Stenciling and Angled Card Fronts

SOA-CPBlogPost

Clean & Graphic Leaf Motifs with Maureen

Congrats with Arjita Singh

Creating a Winter Sunset Scene

Creating a Winter Sunset Scene Tutorial at StampNation

Hello Clean and Simple

Fun and Fabulous Items Coming to the Shop!