Foil Accents with Deco Foil Adhesive Pen

Inspiration Nation video slide Today kicks off our week long event over at StampNation, Inspiration Nation!  Every day this week, we’ll share a new Mood Board along Dream Team projects and videos inspired by the boards, then we challenge members to get creative themselves!

It always amazes me how members are inspired and how many different looking cards they create based on the same inspiration for all of our challenges.

Today’s card was based off one by Heather North for today’s Mood Board.  Our Mood Boards are for Members only, but Heather said I could share a sneak peek of her card with you!

Heather North Inspiration Nation I used the same stamps -Stamp of Approval All About Me set and the new Tin Roof stamp from CAS-ual Fridays.

Decofoil4 Foil Accents with Deco Foil Adhesive Pen

I also got to do a bit of foiling fun!  Thermo-web has made adding foil accents to your projects EASY. Watch the video to see two different ways to use the Adhesive Pen.

You know I’ve resisted this foiling trend for a long time now…and the trend keeps sticking around. So be sure to head over to StampNation today because I took the leap!

Decofoil3 I wish you could see this in person!  That little bit of foil on the circles really makes this card POP and takes it up another level on the “special scale”.

Decofoil Here’s another card I made using the same supplies and technique piece.  I cut a frame from black cardstock using the Birthday Journal Card die (Stamp of Approval Young at Heart Collection), adhered it to a piece of acetate and popped it up on dimensional adhesive.

I added some beads, and embellished it with the circle sentiment and foiled butterfly.

Looking for some tutorials How to make shaker cards?  Click Here, Here,  Here, and Here.

Decofoil2

I hope you enjoyed today’s tutorial, thank you for stopping in!  If you are looking for more inspiration, StampNation is popping at the seams with it!  Click here to learn more and become our newest member.

Supplies:

• All About You Stamp Set (Stamp of Approval)
  • Enchanted Butterfly (Stamp of Approval)
  • Birthday Journal Card Die (Stamp of Approval)
  • Tin Roof Stamp Set (CAS-ual Fridays stamps)
  • Acetate
  • Beads
  • Circle Dies

• Susan White May 2, 2016, 11:52 am

Catherine, I love this card. I waited up until 1 am when the new release went live to get this Tin Roof stamp set. I love it!! I may have also bought the dies and coordinating stamp sets as well lol

• Kathy Serrahn May 2, 2016, 12:10 pm

love the cards

• Bethany Koubsky May 2, 2016, 11:01 pm

This is so cool and pretty!!!

• Edythe Nadler May 3, 2016, 9:14 am

I just love that pen, and of course your cards

• Tamara Ostroznik May 4, 2016, 8:16 am

Great cards. This background stamp is awesome! Well, I guess it’s time to get me some foils and try out fioling :)

• Ilena Christman May 12, 2016, 12:18 pm

The butterfly is so pretty.

• Alice H May 12, 2016, 1:48 pm

Love the use of foil with the adhesive pens! Great technique!

• Sharon Nesvog May 12, 2016, 4:41 pm

LOVE LOVE LOVE these cards Catherine!! You are SO creative!!! And I love that foil technique! So pretty! :)

Gallery Projects Stamp of Approval Techniques Videos

Kristieswoop

White and Black Popped Sentiment Focal Point with Kristie Goulet

Stamp of Approval Project guide

Who’s looking for inspiration?

Winterhaven-Stamp-of-Approval-Joy-Wreath-Feature-Image

Pink Snowflake Joy and WINNERS!

SOA Winterhaven Joy Chalkboard 2

Blog Hop Day 3: Chalkboard Holiday Cards and Watercolored Wreath

SOA Winterhaven Joy wreath 2

Blog Hop Day 2: Tis the Season Wreath Card and Faux Metal Accents

SOA Winterhaven Tags 2

Winterhaven Stamp of Approval Collection Blog Hop Day 1: Good Stuff Tags

SOA Winterhaven carolers 2

Winterhaven Stamp of Approval Preview Day 2: Here We Come A-Caroling

SOA Winterhaven Watercolor Poinsettia

Winterhaven Stamp of Approval Preview Day 1: Tis the Season and Here We Come A Caroling Stamp Sets

View More: http://em-grey.pass.us/catherine-pooler-august-2016-em-grey-photography-raleigh-nc

Card Making Goodness is out of control! (in a very, very good way)

wcmd2017_blogfb (1)

World Card Making Day Sponsors

WCMDcollage

Our World Card Making Day Weekend begins on Friday!

Multi-Step Stamping and Angled Card Front 4

Multi-Step Stamping, Tone on Tone Stenciling and Angled Card Fronts

SOA-CPBlogPost

Clean & Graphic Leaf Motifs with Maureen

Congrats with Arjita Singh

Creating a Winter Sunset Scene

Creating a Winter Sunset Scene Tutorial at StampNation

Hello Clean and Simple

Fun and Fabulous Items Coming to the Shop!