Patterned Paper Framed Die Cut Card

patterned paper2_1 Patterned Paper Framed Die Cut Card

You all are clamoring for Patterned Paper videos and ideas!

Last week, Dream Team Member, Allison Cope shared a video tutorial talking about Patterned Paper, how to pick colors, patterns and how to portray the mood for your card with colors and patterns.

Allison must have been reading your minds, because just the week before I asked you all (through my newsletter- subscribe using the box at the top of the sidebar) what kind of videos you wanted to see.

Can you guess what the overwhelming majority of you asked for?

yep!  Patterned Paper!  So here goes….

patterned paper1 This technique is easy to do with two sizes of rectangle or square dies.  Just line two up, one inside the other, and cut your paper into a frame.

Here, I made sure each strip was a very different pattern and overall color scheme for an interesting look.

You can use the same overall color scheme with different patterns, or change it up and use different colors and the same pattern on your strips.

Patterned paper

In the video, I promised to keep going with this pack of paper to see how “far” I can get.

How many different looks and techniques and card layouts can I get from one pack of paper?  Check out the next video on paper weaving here!

I have another video coming to StampNation today and here’s a peek at the exclusive projects:

StampNation patterned paper

Ready to join us as our newest member?  Click here to learn more and subscribe!

Supplies:

• Rose Brady March 17, 2016, 4:24 pm

Love your designs!! Always looking for new ways to do cards

• Ericka Strange March 17, 2016, 4:44 pm

Great video thanks for a great idea to use my stash.

• Patti B. March 17, 2016, 7:22 pm

I haven’t had the chance to watch the video, but love the card.

• Marianne Maxwell March 18, 2016, 12:48 am

What a great idea to cut a frame and then use the angled pieces. Genius! Also, thanks for creating Stamp Nation, I am so glad I joined. Eagerly anticipating the next SOA.

• Barbara Green March 18, 2016, 11:51 am

Love these cards. thank you for sharing.

• Anne March 19, 2016, 1:30 pm

Beautiful!

• andrea jolley March 25, 2016, 11:31 pm

I love the Happy Birthday Wishes die. I did not get in on the Stamp of Approval box. When would a person be able to purchase the die? Thank you for all your helpful card ideas and videos. Love em’
    aj

• Virginia Delzer March 30, 2016, 7:28 pm

Hi,
    Just watched your pattern paper techniques
    for the second time, and I have to say I just
    loved them all. Hope you do more of this
    quilt type of cards.
    Thanks!

Big Shot Birthday Card Making Gallery Projects Stamp of Approval Techniques Videos

winners

Winners for the Stamp of Approval Blog Hops!

Counting Blessings Fallen Leaves1

Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval Blog Hop Day 3: Stencil and Watercolored Backgrounds

Fallen Leaves 4

Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval Blog Hop Day 2: Fallen Leaves

Bloomin' Bouquet 1.1

Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval Blog Hop Day 1: Bloomin’ Bouquet

Counting Blessings Thankful

Counting Blessings – Grateful, Thankful, Blessed

Counting Blessings Until Further Notice

Counting Blessings – Stenciling with Multiple Colors

Counting Blessings Faux Bleaching

Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval – Faux Bleaching

CountingBlesings_BlogFBComingSoon

A Quick Card and a peek at the Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval Collection!

IngridCU-CP-FP-2b

The Perfect Pear with Ingrid Blackburn

Chrissie_Pineapple

Masked Mod Flower Stencil with Chrissie Tobas

ECShow_Instagram

Enchanted Cottage, here I come!

Floral Background KISS Cards_3

Floral Background: KISS Cards

citrushello

Summer Citrus with Melissa Miller

Mod Flower Watercolor Card 2

Using Stencils as Stamps – Brick Wall with Graffiti Style Sentiments

How to reink youtube

How to Reink your Ink Pads- sounds easy, but you’ll want these tips!

pineapplethanks