Shadow Stamping – Whimsy Stamps Release

Ink Layering Shadow Stamping – Whimsy Stamps Release

I’m excited to be sharing a fun technique and a new stamp set from Whimsy Stamps!  This little leaf is the perfect stamp for this technique.

View the video tutorial to see how this card was made:

Ink Layering Catherine Pooler_ I tried green, pink and blue…what color would you try?  Which is your favorite and how would YOU embellish this card?

Using the MISTI Stamping Tool makes this technique a breeze.  Stamp in white, move your card stock a “smidge” and stamp in a color.  EASY PEASY!

If you don’t have a MISTI, no worries!  Just mount your stamps (mount them both at the same time on a long block), then stamp in white, wash, dry and ink with color and line your stamp up the best you can.  Remember, this is a HANDMADE card so don’t worry if it’s not perfect!

Ink Layering Catherine Pooler_2

This post is part of the Whimsy Release Celebration…and with a celebration, comes prizes!  Be sure to visit the Whimsy Blog to enter to win!

Ink Layering Catherine Pooler_3_ The only white ink pad I have is made by Stampin’ Up.  There are several different kinds on the market, I’ve linked to a few below.    I have not tried them, but I hear they are good.

White ink pads are made from pigment ink, which is like a paint.  It stays wet for a while and can be used for different techniques, including heat embossing (since it stays wet for a while, embossing powder will stick to it!).

Eli You know that little guy that I mentioned in the video?  The one that got my ball of twine?  He got in all sorts of trouble today!

He loves, Loves, LOVES to hang out in the back yard and would stay there all day long if I let him.  The only problem is the holes that he digs and when it rains, well, you know what that means. I’m not sure if you can tell how wet and muddy this little guy is, but it looked like he stuck his entire head in a mud puddle!

A mud bath equals a real bath and he did NOT like that!  lol…

We got Eli back in September, read the story here.  He was 17 pounds when we got him and now weighs in at 52.  He has fit in perfectly with our family and we just adore him!

I will see you tomorrow with another StampNation Member Highlight!

Supplies:

• Deb Hall March 8, 2016, 8:48 pm

Wow, beautiful cards. I love all the colors, can’t really choose. Some places call that technique ‘ghosting’ too. Whatever it is, I love it.

Your dog is so cute….I can see the mud droplets on his head, what a cutie!!

Thanks Catherine for all your videos & ideas, I’ve been making cards since ’94 & I’m still loving it.

Deb

• Margarita Navarro-Rivera March 8, 2016, 10:19 pm

Catherine,
    I love this technique. My favorite one is the raspberry jam card. I also like it with the twine.

• Carla Hundley March 9, 2016, 1:04 am

Very pretty and
    I love the colors
    especially the
    purple!
    Carla from Utah

• Arianna Barbara March 9, 2016, 7:02 am

Very very nice cards! And your puppy is adorable!!!

• Laura Miller March 9, 2016, 10:00 am

Hey Catherine – – I like the raspberry/purple ink and the twine the best. Good luck with that big puppy of yours!

• Kristie G. March 9, 2016, 1:36 pm

LOVE these! My favorite is the one with the black and white twine. I have been adding that stuff to most of my cards lately! xoxo

• Patti B. March 10, 2016, 10:43 am

What a wonderful technique, I can’t wait to try it. I love all the cards you made. Love your fur babies, even though I’m not a dog person, yours look adorable.

• Sharon March 11, 2016, 4:19 pm

I love the one done with blue leaves the best. I have never heard of white ink for stamps so that is interesting. Thanks for sharing your creativity !

Floral Gallery Projects Techniques Videos

juliemogford_withloveatchristmas1_CPblog

Plaid Tree Holiday Tree with Julie

greenteaplaid

Clean and Simple Plaid Note Card with Melissa

Spa Release 050ADJ copy.jpgSMALL

Adding Details to Winter Woodland with Lisa Harrolle

Paradise Found Blog Hop Winners!

Spa Ink Release Detail_Chrissie Tobas

CP Designs Creative Team Call

Rudolph-Reindeer-Christmas-Card-by-Taheerah-Atchia-001

Peppermint Scrub + Green Tea = Brown with Taheerah

CPD Wonderfultimeoftheyear-IlinaCrouse

Wonderful Time of the Year with Ilina

BF2017_fbsharing

Black Friday Sales in our Shop!

DSC00134