CASE: Watercolor Smooshing & Butterflies

Watercolors and Butterflies CASE CASE:  Watercolor Smooshing & Butterflies

StampNation Dream Team Member, Allison Cope, plays this game with members and I love it!  It’s actually where we got the idea for the CASEing Christmas class this fall!

What better way to get creating than to CASE (Copy and Share Everything) a card you love?

When CASEing, I like to use the “rule of threes”.  Either CHANGE three things from your inspiration card or TAKE three things from your inspiration card to make yours.

I used a technique that I gravitate towards very often…and I’m sure you’ve seen me along with other crafters having fun with it.  SMOOSHING.  So fun…seriously

View the video to see how I made my card, where my inspiration came from and how “real” we get in the Pooler household.  lol

Watercolors and Butterflies CASE 2 Once I finished this card, I had more ideas swimming around in my head, so I kept stamping!  I’m tirelessly trying to upload my video to Youtube and for some reason it keeps failing.  OYE!  As soon as it’s uploaded I’ll have the video for these two cards up on StampNation.

tagyoureit

Thanks to all of you that responded to my recent newsletter!  I asked what you’d like to see in upcoming videos.

Many of you said Distress Crayons…I don’t have them and I’m not feeling overly interested in them, but we’ll see.  Maybe I’ll pick some up.  Or maybe Laurel will send me hers (she prefers her Gelatos)! ;)

MANY of you asked about Patterned Paper!  I’m heading out tonight to pick up a new pack and see what I can do.  Perhaps I need to do a series on using Patterned Paper on your cards.  How would you like that?

If you aren’t on my newsletter list yet, I hope you join us!  I share tutorials that I don’t share anywhere else.  Just pop your name in the box on the top of the sidebar and you’ll get your first newsletter right away.

I’ll be working with the new Whimsy Stamps Release this week, so I’ll have a second video for you.  See you soon!

• Patti B. March 7, 2016, 11:57 pm

How Fun! I love this card and can’t wait to try it out.

• Erin M March 8, 2016, 2:10 am

I would love to see a series on pattern paper…i have so much and never feel like I have what I need when I go to make something I’ve seen online!! Love your creations!! Thanks for sharing!!

• Penelope March 8, 2016, 3:51 pm

Totally looking forward to some ideas with the patterned paper!

• Sharon Field March 8, 2016, 6:28 pm

This card is really nice to do when you need a card quickly, especially if you prepare your squares beforehand……….hmmmmmmmmmmm…guess I had better get busy! Thanks for sharing and now I am off to Stamp Nation!

• Carmen Lucero March 9, 2016, 2:02 am

So simple to make! Thanks for the inspiration!

Hugs,
    Carmen L

• Ingrid March 9, 2016, 6:07 am

What a gorgeous vibrant card! I just LOVE those squares. Simply beautiful my friend. :)

• Heather North March 9, 2016, 1:37 pm

You are cute as a button, Catherine! Your shirt reminds me of the patterned paper you loved from Tattered Angels. :) It’s amazing to me the way drew inspiration from the banners and turned them into this fun box card! Love seeing your brilliantly creative mind at work.

Birthday Card Making Gallery Projects Techniques Videos

Party Collection: Spring Fling Release Blog Hop

MelonIce

Welcome Melon Ice! and a Father’s Day Card

MinttoBe

Ink Color #8 Clue and Welcome Mint to Be!

ItsABoy

Ink Color #7 Clue and Welcome It’s a Boy!

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter and a look at the Spring Fling products!

Pixie Dust 4

Ink Color #6 Clue and Welcome Pixie Dust!

It's a Girl2

Ink Color #5 Clue and Welcome It’s a Girl!

IAGTPhoto_1

Ink Color #4 Clue and Welcome Sweet Sixteen!

Garden Party 2

Ink Color #3 Clue and welcome Garden Party

GPartyTeasePhoto_2

Ink Color #2 clue and Welcome Bellini!

TeasePhoto_3

Ink Color Guessing Begins!

Sharing Collage 2

Tomorrow is a big day!

Sponged, Sprayed and Embossed

Sponged, Sprayed and Glitter Embossed

Glass Bead Glitter Gel and Brusho

Glass Bead Glitter Gel, Brusho and Stencils!

Double Points!

Celebrate the weekend with DOUBLE points!

We Moved!