Double Stencling and Stamping

double stenciling 4 Double Stencling and Stamping

We’ve been learning tons of amazing ways to incorporate stencils into our paper crafting projects and card making in our free class over at StampNation:

Technique Toolbox: creative stenciling

I know I’ve learned a ton and I can’t believe all the amazing and creative cards the members have been sharing.  I’ll talk a bit more about that in the video.

This video is a typical CP video… I start with one idea, then we take a twist and a turn and end up someplace completely different.

View the video to see…

So many cool effects you can acheive with Double Stenciling.  You can even try it with Embossing Paste…sponge on ink, move your stencil and spread your EP over the stencil.  Depending on what type of EP you use, you’ll get many different looks.  Try it!  Experiment and have fun!

Even if you end up with something you don’t love (like I did with my Kraft card), you are growing and learning and having fun!
double stenciling 3

These cards sneak peek the “Young at Heart” stamp set and the “Birthday Wishes” dies from the upcoming Young at Heart Stamp of Approval Collection.

This weekend, we’ll start the full on sneak peeks and every day I will share a new video with you showing you the stamps and dies and stencil that come in this box.

CLICK HERE to learn more and get on the wait list for the next one….these are while supplies last and sell out quickly!

Double stenciling 2 I ended up going VERY simple on this card….but I would love to add an embellishment.

What would YOU add to it?  Leave a comment below, I always love hearing your ideas…you always have something to share and teach me!

double stenciling

I hope you are inspired by my cards today…stay tuned, there’s a whole BUNCH of craftiness coming to the blog over the next couple of weeks!  Can’t WAIT!

If you want to get in on this stencil class, please join us over at StampNation!  We’d love to have you!  Click here to learn more.

• Mary Kay Werry January 25, 2016, 7:18 pm

so Cool!!! I love the 3d effect you get with the double stenciling.

• Mary Reinecke January 25, 2016, 8:12 pm

The blue looks like a great masculine card. Love the technique, and will try it out soon. Thanks Catherine !!!!

• Connie Newell January 25, 2016, 8:48 pm

Love the second card colors. Can see the ghosting better. I havent done that yet but will make a great ” next” project.

• Sherry Mattison January 25, 2016, 11:19 pm

Thank you for continually inspiring us with new techniques…gotta go and try that double stenciling now!!

• Suna Stirk January 26, 2016, 3:02 am

I absolutely love this technique! I have never used a stencil before but I have decided I must make one with my Brother Scan n Cut and try it out!!!! Thank you so much for showing us this.

• Dawn T January 26, 2016, 4:49 am

Fabulous video Catherine. I find it cool that you show us how even the best can have cards that aren’t what they wanted it to turn out like and changes are good. Loved that in the end you adapted the first one and finished it off. Thanks for such a fun class.

• Laura Miller January 26, 2016, 9:16 am

Catherine – the Blue on Craft would make a good masculine birthday card – – so it could stay as is. however — you showed off the little leaning cake tower in a previous video – – cut that image out in cork – – see what that looks like. It would still work as a masculine Bday card!

• kathy serrahn January 26, 2016, 11:49 am

love the technique

• Sandy January 26, 2016, 3:41 pm

I’ve been taking a few classes at Online Card Classes, and I recently finished His & Hers. I can’t help but think that’s what this looks like. I love how changing the colors changed the feel of the card from masculine to feminine. Do you know a set of twins with a birthday coming? lol

• June January 30, 2016, 12:43 pm

I think they are both COOL. The first one, although not your favorite, I think the dimension on it is amazing….it really looks 3-D on the video…cool

• Maggie B January 31, 2016, 6:05 pm

Hi CP ~ These are such awesome cards; love the double stenciling and the 3D-like effect it gives. This technique works so well for either a masculine or feminine card, depending on the colors you choose. Thanks so much for sharing.
    #sharehandmadekindness

• Bobby February 2, 2016, 6:14 pm

That ghosting looks terrific on either card and I love the circle ‘sprays’ you added to the second one.

Gallery Projects Stamp of Approval Techniques Videos

Stamp of Approval Project guide

Who’s looking for inspiration?

Winterhaven-Stamp-of-Approval-Joy-Wreath-Feature-Image

Pink Snowflake Joy and WINNERS!

SOA Winterhaven Joy Chalkboard 2

Blog Hop Day 3: Chalkboard Holiday Cards and Watercolored Wreath

SOA Winterhaven Joy wreath 2

Blog Hop Day 2: Tis the Season Wreath Card and Faux Metal Accents

SOA Winterhaven Tags 2

Winterhaven Stamp of Approval Collection Blog Hop Day 1: Good Stuff Tags

SOA Winterhaven carolers 2

Winterhaven Stamp of Approval Preview Day 2: Here We Come A-Caroling

SOA Winterhaven Watercolor Poinsettia

Winterhaven Stamp of Approval Preview Day 1: Tis the Season and Here We Come A Caroling Stamp Sets

View More: http://em-grey.pass.us/catherine-pooler-august-2016-em-grey-photography-raleigh-nc

Card Making Goodness is out of control! (in a very, very good way)

wcmd2017_blogfb (1)

World Card Making Day Sponsors

WCMDcollage

Our World Card Making Day Weekend begins on Friday!

Multi-Step Stamping and Angled Card Front 4

Multi-Step Stamping, Tone on Tone Stenciling and Angled Card Fronts

SOA-CPBlogPost

Clean & Graphic Leaf Motifs with Maureen

Congrats with Arjita Singh

Creating a Winter Sunset Scene

Creating a Winter Sunset Scene Tutorial at StampNation

Hello Clean and Simple

Fun and Fabulous Items Coming to the Shop!

Soft Stenciling with Heather