Double Stencling and Stamping

double stenciling 4 Double Stencling and Stamping

We’ve been learning tons of amazing ways to incorporate stencils into our paper crafting projects and card making in our free class over at StampNation:

Technique Toolbox: creative stenciling

I know I’ve learned a ton and I can’t believe all the amazing and creative cards the members have been sharing.  I’ll talk a bit more about that in the video.

This video is a typical CP video… I start with one idea, then we take a twist and a turn and end up someplace completely different.

View the video to see…

So many cool effects you can acheive with Double Stenciling.  You can even try it with Embossing Paste…sponge on ink, move your stencil and spread your EP over the stencil.  Depending on what type of EP you use, you’ll get many different looks.  Try it!  Experiment and have fun!

Even if you end up with something you don’t love (like I did with my Kraft card), you are growing and learning and having fun!
double stenciling 3

These cards sneak peek the “Young at Heart” stamp set and the “Birthday Wishes” dies from the upcoming Young at Heart Stamp of Approval Collection.

This weekend, we’ll start the full on sneak peeks and every day I will share a new video with you showing you the stamps and dies and stencil that come in this box.

CLICK HERE to learn more and get on the wait list for the next one….these are while supplies last and sell out quickly!

Double stenciling 2 I ended up going VERY simple on this card….but I would love to add an embellishment.

What would YOU add to it?  Leave a comment below, I always love hearing your ideas…you always have something to share and teach me!

double stenciling

I hope you are inspired by my cards today…stay tuned, there’s a whole BUNCH of craftiness coming to the blog over the next couple of weeks!  Can’t WAIT!

If you want to get in on this stencil class, please join us over at StampNation!  We’d love to have you!  Click here to learn more.

• Mary Kay Werry January 25, 2016, 7:18 pm

so Cool!!! I love the 3d effect you get with the double stenciling.

• Mary Reinecke January 25, 2016, 8:12 pm

The blue looks like a great masculine card. Love the technique, and will try it out soon. Thanks Catherine !!!!

• Connie Newell January 25, 2016, 8:48 pm

Love the second card colors. Can see the ghosting better. I havent done that yet but will make a great ” next” project.

• Sherry Mattison January 25, 2016, 11:19 pm

Thank you for continually inspiring us with new techniques…gotta go and try that double stenciling now!!

• Suna Stirk January 26, 2016, 3:02 am

I absolutely love this technique! I have never used a stencil before but I have decided I must make one with my Brother Scan n Cut and try it out!!!! Thank you so much for showing us this.

• Dawn T January 26, 2016, 4:49 am

Fabulous video Catherine. I find it cool that you show us how even the best can have cards that aren’t what they wanted it to turn out like and changes are good. Loved that in the end you adapted the first one and finished it off. Thanks for such a fun class.

• Laura Miller January 26, 2016, 9:16 am

Catherine – the Blue on Craft would make a good masculine birthday card – – so it could stay as is. however — you showed off the little leaning cake tower in a previous video – – cut that image out in cork – – see what that looks like. It would still work as a masculine Bday card!

• kathy serrahn January 26, 2016, 11:49 am

love the technique

• Sandy January 26, 2016, 3:41 pm

I’ve been taking a few classes at Online Card Classes, and I recently finished His & Hers. I can’t help but think that’s what this looks like. I love how changing the colors changed the feel of the card from masculine to feminine. Do you know a set of twins with a birthday coming? lol

• June January 30, 2016, 12:43 pm

I think they are both COOL. The first one, although not your favorite, I think the dimension on it is amazing….it really looks 3-D on the video…cool

• Maggie B January 31, 2016, 6:05 pm

Hi CP ~ These are such awesome cards; love the double stenciling and the 3D-like effect it gives. This technique works so well for either a masculine or feminine card, depending on the colors you choose. Thanks so much for sharing.
    #sharehandmadekindness

• Bobby February 2, 2016, 6:14 pm

That ghosting looks terrific on either card and I love the circle ‘sprays’ you added to the second one.

Gallery Projects Stamp of Approval Techniques Videos

RainbowButterflies

Butterfly Rainbow with the Rock and Roll Technique!

View More: http://em-grey.pass.us/catherine-pooler-october-2016-em-grey-photography-raleigh-nc

Best Practices for the Midnight Ink Pad

Alana and Petey

The “Petey” Experience

Spring Sale

More Creativation Favorites

Perfect Banners 7

CP’s Favorite Things from Creativation!

Creativation

Straight from Creativation

Embossing Paste and Stencils 2

Embossing Paste with Stencils with The Perfect Reason SOA

Second Generation Stamping with The Perfect Reason Collection YT

Second Generation (and ombre!) Stamping with The Perfect Reason

CASEing Allison and CP 3

Creating a Clean and Simple Card – CASEing with The Perfect Reason SOA!

This Week at StampNation…

Using Dies as Stencils Catherine Pooler

Using Dies as Stencils with The Perfect Reason SOA

Eva and Catherine Valentine's Day Card 2

The Cutest Video Hop Ever – Valentine’s Day Card by Eva

PerfectReason_Instagram_AvailableNow

The Perfect Reason SOA Winners!

31925642823_b0b86fde71_z

The Perfect Reason SOA is now available!

ProjectGuide