Eva’s Clean and Simple Stencil Card (with a step up!)

Eva's Stenciledcard Hello ladies!

My mom (along with the rest of the Dream Team!) is having an amazing stencil class over at StampNation, so I decided to pop over there for some inspiration!  I watched the intro video that shared a bunch of basic stencil techniques with just ink and stencils.

I was inpired by the card that my mom made the other day (view that card here), and I put my own twist on it. I used the same kind of technique, but instead of fading my distress colors, I blended them together.

Check out the video down below to find out how I made this card using stenciling!

One thing I that I forgot to mention in the video was that I smuged some black ink at the bottom of the card! I covered it with a big flower and you can’t even tell that it was there. Be sure to keep your eyes peeled for that smudge!   (Hint: you will be able to see it before I stamp my first flower.)

My mom brought home the super cool Faber Castell PITT Artist Pen from CHA and I was excited to use it even before she did! It makes the perfect little accents and is a great touch to any card!

Eva's Stenciled Card

I hope you enjoyed this stenciled card and will give it a go!  Let me know in the comments below what color combination YOU use!

xoxox, Eva

• Susan White January 21, 2016, 6:01 pm

Eva, I love your card!! Thank you for the video!!

• mary nelson January 21, 2016, 6:20 pm

Eva,
    You are a natural! Not only at making amazing cards, but on camera too. Watch out Catherine, someone might want to take over! LOL

• Lisa Harrolle January 21, 2016, 6:30 pm

Gorgeous card Eva! I had to go back and see your smudge (since you pointed it out). That was a biggun! You covered it nicely. Great job!!

• Linda Daley January 21, 2016, 6:31 pm

LOVE your card, Eva, thanks for sharing!

• Chris Boldovici January 21, 2016, 6:43 pm

Oh Eva, you are so creative, just like your mom….. Love the video too and your card is so pretty. TFS

• ann greene January 21, 2016, 6:46 pm

Wow, this kid’s got talent. Great video. I especially love your Pitt Pen technique.

• Caroline King January 21, 2016, 6:51 pm

you did a good job…guess watching do it, has now made you a superstar…..love the colors and how explained what you were doing. can’t wait for more of your videos…you will go far young lady !!!! “)

• Grace January 21, 2016, 7:00 pm

Amazing job. Loved the card.

• Erika DeJesus January 21, 2016, 7:34 pm

Very inspiring, Eva! Great job! Keep ‘em comin’!

• Christine Carboneau January 21, 2016, 8:07 pm

Great card Eva! Love it!

• Wendy January 21, 2016, 8:13 pm

Your Mom is a great teacher. You have done beautifully. Where can I get that stencil and others like it?

• Tammy January 21, 2016, 8:26 pm

Your card turned out awesome Eva. Hope your foot is getting better. And thank you for sharing your video and card with us.

• Deb Hall January 21, 2016, 9:06 pm

Hi Eva,

Great job!! I love it when you make videos along with you mom & by yourself. Keep doing it. I love that card. I did see your black smudge & nicely covered with that flower.

Hope your toe is doing better. Take care.

Deb

• Tanya January 21, 2016, 10:00 pm

Very nice card. I love it! I want one of those pens.

• PJ Brown January 21, 2016, 10:03 pm

Very nice card, Eva. I love how you blended the colors. And I will have to look into that Pitt Pen. It looks like it could be fun! Thanks for the inspiration!

• Vicki January 21, 2016, 11:34 pm

Eva! Great job. Love your card!

• Michellew January 22, 2016, 1:09 am

You’re such a natural Eva! I love your card and the white dots just pop!

• Sharon Field January 22, 2016, 1:39 am

Well done…………Great video and fantastic card! You are definitely your mother’s daughter!!

• Linda Gorman January 22, 2016, 8:22 am

Beautiful card! Great video!

• Sandra Johnston January 22, 2016, 8:24 am

Great job Eva! You are such a natural on camera! I am so impressed with your poise at your age. I also love that you seem to enjoy crafting with your mom. I love the card and the white dots really added to the design. Please continue to do more videos when you can. Love them!

• Patti B. January 22, 2016, 10:22 am

Wonderful video. I love the card you did and look forward to trying it myself. Wonderful inspiration. Thanks for sharing.

• Jody V January 22, 2016, 11:17 am

Nice card Eva. Thanks.

• Elaine Johnson January 22, 2016, 12:39 pm

Careful Mamma, little Eva is set to take over when you retire!

Eva, you did a fantastic job. You are a natural in front of the camera. I love the way you embellished the card.

• Bibi January 22, 2016, 12:47 pm

Eva, your video was super and I must say you did a fantastic job. As the saying goes, the acorn doesn’t fall far from the tree. Love your card. Thanks for the inspiration. Keep up the good work.

• Maureen Merritt January 22, 2016, 12:58 pm

Awesome card Eva, you sound like a professional! That Pitt pen is so cool!!!!

• Maria Helena January 22, 2016, 3:34 pm

Your card is gorgeous, love the dress up! Thank you for the video!,

• auntbubbels/janetgillen January 22, 2016, 5:28 pm

Wow, your hair got so long!!! What a professional video, you did a great job Eva. Keep up the fabulous work.

• Joette Lutgen January 22, 2016, 11:18 pm

Eva, Love your card and the accents, great job.

• Inky January 23, 2016, 12:07 am

Ava! YOu are just totally amazing. I can’t believe how comfortable you are in front of the camera. You’re a natural. I love your card, and those white dots just made it! I hope you’ll keep making videos because yours are as good if not better than some on youtube. You’re adorable and when you get older and famous, I can say, I know her!

• Marianne January 23, 2016, 7:42 am

Your card turned out just great, Eva. Also love the colour combination you used. It’s one I might pick myself. Had to chuckle when I saw your smudge. Looks like you take after your mum in more that one way haha.

• Dian Seider January 23, 2016, 11:57 am

Loved the way you turned a goof into an asset!

• Bobby January 30, 2016, 10:26 am

Wonderful job, Eva!

• Christy Borfitz January 30, 2016, 9:38 pm

I love your video and card! You have done such a great job! You remind me of my own daughter!

• Maggie B January 31, 2016, 9:50 pm

Hi Eva ~ You did such a fantastic job on this card and I love the color combination of the Distress Inks you chose. The Pitt Pen adds the perfect accent to this fun card. Very nicely done! PLUS you’re a natural in front of the camera!! Thanks for sharing.
    #sharehandmadekindness

Gallery Projects Techniques Videos

winners

Winners for the Stamp of Approval Blog Hops!

Counting Blessings Fallen Leaves1

Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval Blog Hop Day 3: Stencil and Watercolored Backgrounds

Fallen Leaves 4

Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval Blog Hop Day 2: Fallen Leaves

Bloomin' Bouquet 1.1

Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval Blog Hop Day 1: Bloomin’ Bouquet

Counting Blessings Thankful

Counting Blessings – Grateful, Thankful, Blessed

Counting Blessings Until Further Notice

Counting Blessings – Stenciling with Multiple Colors

Counting Blessings Faux Bleaching

Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval – Faux Bleaching

CountingBlesings_BlogFBComingSoon

A Quick Card and a peek at the Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval Collection!

IngridCU-CP-FP-2b

The Perfect Pear with Ingrid Blackburn

Chrissie_Pineapple

Masked Mod Flower Stencil with Chrissie Tobas

ECShow_Instagram

Enchanted Cottage, here I come!

Floral Background KISS Cards_3

Floral Background: KISS Cards

citrushello

Summer Citrus with Melissa Miller

Mod Flower Watercolor Card 2

Using Stencils as Stamps – Brick Wall with Graffiti Style Sentiments

How to reink youtube

How to Reink your Ink Pads- sounds easy, but you’ll want these tips!

pineapplethanks