Hello my friends! On Monday, I mentioned that I will be tweaking my video schedule a bit. You can expect videos from me on Mondays, sometimes Thursdays, and extra videos during Stamp of Approval release week. Overall, it will add up to about the same # of videos each quarter as you are used to.
With that change, we’ve got something else for you! We’ll be highlighting different things here on Wednesdays. Dream Team Members, StampNation Members and special tutorials. First up is our Dream Team coordinator, Maureen Merritt!
I’m thrilled to be a Guest Blogger this month. Some of you may know that I am a CAS stamper through and through. White space and crisp, clean designs make me giddy and that’s exactly what I’m going to share with you today.
As I’m sure you’ve seen, the Stamp of Approval Friendship Collection is versatile enough that it doesn’t matter what your personal style is, it will work! The Curtis Background stamp is one of my absolute favorite items in the collection. It looks fabulous stamped tone-on-tone in the background, embossed and watercolored etc, but I was looking for a more simple use of the Curtis Background today. Something I could use on a One Layer Card and you know what I found? It makes a great border stamp too!
This card is a classic CAS one layer card that can be made and replicated quickly and easily.
- Start with a white card base that has been trimmed to 4 1/4 x 11. Scored at 5 1/2 and fold in half.
- Open your card so it can lay flat on your work surface (this will prevent any unwanted inking to occur on the inside of the card). Ink up one side of the Curtis Background stamp in black ink and stamp it along the bottom edge of the card base.
- Die cut the Friend die and the Friendly Flowers dies from black and gold card stock.
- Lay your pieces on the card base to figure out where you want them to go, then stamp the greeting.
- To ground the sentiment and add a bit of interest to this one layer card, add score lines between the greeting and stamped border.
- Assemble card using liquid glue and foam tape and round the corners.
I hope you enjoyed my project today!
Amazing timing for this project because CAS-ual Fridays released these products TODAY! If you missed out on the first Stamp of Approval Collection, now is your chance to get the products shown here. Click here to check it out.
Speaking of Maureen, we are getting ready to celebrate SN’s FIFTH Birthday! 5 -1/2 years ago, the idea of StampNation was born. I had been friends online with Maureen for a few months after instantly bonding with her when we met over our favorite hobby….stamping!
I told her about my idea and asked her if she wanted help me get the community up and running. She loved the idea and said YES! Thank goodness because she has been a vital part of growing the site to what it is today.
We are celebrating in a big way and this year the birthday present is for StampNation Members!
Our next class, Technique Toolbox: creative stenciling, will be released later this winter. StampNation Members will get it first and for free!
If you’re not a member yet, now is a GREAT time to join us! Click here to learn more.
See you tomorrow with the next installment of Ready, Set Stamp with LLC. My video will show you two things I’m obsessed with right now. See you then!