An Interview with a very brave and inspiring woman

Today’s video is a bit different…and it’s very timely.  First, let me back up a bit.  You probably already know that I’ve been friends with Michele Gross from CAS-ual Fridays Stamps for several years now.

Over the past year, we have worked very closely together on a few projects (ehem!  Stamp of Approval!) and have gotten to be very fond friends.

During this time, I’ve been lucky to have a “front row seat” to her cancer journey and watch this brave and inspiring woman take charge of her health and inspire others to do the same.

I remember the day she messaged me that she found a lump.  From that day, she has shown nothing but a positive and brave attitude with gratitude towards her local news channel that encourages viewers to do a buddy check every 9th of the month.

Because of that, Michele is starting a campaign to remind all of us to check ourselves and remind our friends to check on the 17th of every month (the 17th is the day she found her lump).  You can read all about her journey HERE - it’s an amazing and inspiring story!

CFS Sistahs Logo

Michele’s surgery was this morning and she made me chuckle…last night she was “complaining” about no wine…no food…no showers…and the radioactive stuff they were going to inject her with.  She joked that she was going to come home a cranky, hungry, dirty surf.  Hahaha!  I love her outlook…

I’m thrilled to report that her surgery went better than expected!  She is home and resting and counting down the hours until she can shower.  My favorite quote from her today was:

“I killed cancer, cancer did not kill me. booyah!”

I love this lady.

I wanted YOU to get to know her a bit better…so here is an interview I did with her when we were in NY last month.  Enjoy!

Thanks for joining me today and I hope you’ll join in the Calling All Sistahs campaign for self-check on the 17th of every month!

• Maureen Hayes October 29, 2015, 8:12 pm

So very glad to hear that Michele’s surgery went well and that she is in good spirits. I will pray for continued recovery and for the complete remission of her cancer. I am facing a possible pancreatic cancer diagnosis myself, and I hope I can be as upbeat and brave as she has been. What a terrific example for all of us, no wonder you have come to love her.

• Tracie Pond October 29, 2015, 10:55 pm

Thank you for sharing this wonderful update, Catherine. Happy to hear Michele is doing well.
    Tracie
    Creations For Kindness

• Heather North October 29, 2015, 11:19 pm

Michele is an amazingly positive woman. Thank you for introducing her to me.

• Loly Borda October 30, 2015, 12:53 am

Thanks for sharing the good news! Many blessings to you both.

• Sandra Johnston October 30, 2015, 11:37 am

Thank you for the update on Michele. She has been in my thoughts and prayers since I heard about her lump. I really enjoyed the interview. She seems just as beautiful inside as outside. Please let her know that she has lots of folks pulling for her and supporting this wonderful cause. Blessings to both of you!

• Suzanne T. November 2, 2015, 4:21 pm

Hello,

Glad to hear that Michele is doing well after her surgery. I too have a friend who had Breast cancer, and what she said, “I’m going to kick its butt, and not let it beat me” it’s been two years now she is cancer free. She is a very strong will person, and from watching this video of Michele, she is too. God bless you, and I know everything will be awesome for you, just keep the positive thoughts.

Gallery Projects Videos

Stamp of Approval Project guide

Who’s looking for inspiration?

Winterhaven-Stamp-of-Approval-Joy-Wreath-Feature-Image

Pink Snowflake Joy and WINNERS!

SOA Winterhaven Joy Chalkboard 2

Blog Hop Day 3: Chalkboard Holiday Cards and Watercolored Wreath

SOA Winterhaven Joy wreath 2

Blog Hop Day 2: Tis the Season Wreath Card and Faux Metal Accents

SOA Winterhaven Tags 2

Winterhaven Stamp of Approval Collection Blog Hop Day 1: Good Stuff Tags

SOA Winterhaven carolers 2

Winterhaven Stamp of Approval Preview Day 2: Here We Come A-Caroling

SOA Winterhaven Watercolor Poinsettia

Winterhaven Stamp of Approval Preview Day 1: Tis the Season and Here We Come A Caroling Stamp Sets

View More: http://em-grey.pass.us/catherine-pooler-august-2016-em-grey-photography-raleigh-nc

Card Making Goodness is out of control! (in a very, very good way)

wcmd2017_blogfb (1)

World Card Making Day Sponsors

WCMDcollage

Our World Card Making Day Weekend begins on Friday!

Multi-Step Stamping and Angled Card Front 4

Multi-Step Stamping, Tone on Tone Stenciling and Angled Card Fronts

SOA-CPBlogPost

Clean & Graphic Leaf Motifs with Maureen

Congrats with Arjita Singh

Creating a Winter Sunset Scene

Creating a Winter Sunset Scene Tutorial at StampNation

Hello Clean and Simple

Fun and Fabulous Items Coming to the Shop!

Soft Stenciling with Heather