SOA Release Week Day #4: Masked Holiday Flourishes

Holiday Magic Stamp of Approval Collection SOA Release Week Day #4: Masked Holiday Flourishes

In today’s video we’ll do a bit of masking, some Zig Clean Color Marker coloring and combine some fun products from the Stamp of Approval Holiday Magic Collection.

This video took a twist part way through…I came across a few issues and I’ll show you how I solved them.

When I was planning the Holiday Magic Collection, I really wanted a set of holly leaves and berries along with flourishes and scrolls.  When I asked Effie if she’d design it for me, I was completely floored when she showed me her designs.  Amazing, right?

The Holiday Flourishes stamp set is stunning and I love how well it goes with so many of the other stamps from the collection.

Holiday Magic Stamp of Approval Collection

Check out the Design Team blogs for more great projects:

Stamp of Approval Holiday Magic Collection

OCTOBER 15 IS THE DAY – the need to know!

• To be the first to know when the Holiday Magic Collection goes for sale, be sure to subscribe to the Wait List here.
  • The e-mail with the link to the sales page will be sent to Wait List subscribers on October 15 at 10 am Eastern.  StampNation Members who are also on the wait list will get the link one hour early.  If you subscribe to SN today, you will be on the one hour early list!
  • The first 25% of orders will get a little goodie tucked into their SOA box! :)
  • These products were made exclusively for this collection and many of them will not be available until 2016.
  • Be sure to join us right here TOMORROW morning for a BLOG HOP!  Someone is going to WIN the SOA box! (actually, I heard a rumor that TWO people are going to win!)  YES!

Stamp of Approval Holiday Magic Collection

Other Supplies:
Ink:  Tumbled Glass Distress Ink, Versamark Ink, Carmine Red, Wine Red, Marine Green, Light Green (Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers)
Cardstock:  Bristol (Strathmore), Real Red (SU)
Accessories:  Two Way Glue Pen, Metallic Gold Sparkle Embossing Powder (WOW)

• Heather North October 13, 2015, 12:04 pm

Oooh, those leaves are so pretty stamped in gold! I like the twists and turns this card took, especially stamping the flourishes in blue & dots in black. My favorite detail is the gold gilding along just one edge of the card. It’s so fun watching you create with these products you helped design!!!

• Bethany Koubsky October 13, 2015, 12:07 pm

Love this! The water coloring is beautiful !! I love the flourishes too!
    I MUST have this box!!! Lol can’t wait!

• Lisa Harrolle October 13, 2015, 12:26 pm

Oh Catherine! Thank you so much for showing us your booboos. LOL! Your card turned out gorgeous! I am loving how you grounded the holly and flourishes with the faded blue background strip.

• Janet Angi October 13, 2015, 12:39 pm

Can’t wait to get my hands on it.

• Suzanne T October 13, 2015, 1:28 pm

Love, love it, by the way, where did you fine your double sided tape? The big box stores don’t carry that size.
    I can’t wait to get my box, so that, I can start on my holiday cards!

Note: I think the holiday box should say, “Stamp of Approval Holiday Box” and the box should have some different color…Just my thought.

• Carol Hardie October 13, 2015, 1:56 pm

Catherine …….. lovin’ the Holly Leaves and Berries stamp set. I have been looking for a “life-like” feel for this type of stamp for the holidays for some time. There just isn’t one out there that gave me that feeling, until now. You have solved that void. Thank you. Can’t wait for Thursday!!

• Ian Potter October 13, 2015, 2:58 pm

Epic is the only word, so good to see the boo boo’s and your thought processes to change it, have thought about zig markers and copic ones, I have some docraft artiste ones at the mo, ust the pastel set as they were on special! another lovely project. :)

• Beth swisher October 13, 2015, 6:28 pm

Great cards. As always.

• Sally Cendral October 13, 2015, 7:03 pm

Sorry to be a pest, but could you tell me if the “Happy Holidays” die is one of the items in The Box? It’s lovely!!!
    Thanks for a lot of fun —
    Sally Cendral in France, Europe

• Sabrina Radican October 13, 2015, 7:11 pm

Beautiful card and I love the flourishes!!

• Tammy October 13, 2015, 7:28 pm

I loved the card today the second go around. The first for me would have been in the trash. Thanks for sharing. The kit looks to be very promising.

• Stamp Kitty October 13, 2015, 9:09 pm

I love how you have the gold around the holly leaves, it brings them out more. I can’t wait to try something like it when I get my box :)

• Maggie B October 13, 2015, 9:38 pm

Hi CP ~ I love the way this card turned out (watched the video and saw the oops) the 2nd time around. You always seem to know how to add that perfect finishing touch, even with just a touch of gold and red on the edge. I don’t normally use a lot of gold, but really like the way the holly leaves are outlined on this card. Can’t wait to see what tomorrow brings (and we KNOW what Thursday brings!!!).

• Mary H. October 13, 2015, 9:56 pm

Oh my…the anticipation…tick tock, tick tock…time is not my friend right now. :)

• Kimberly Martin October 13, 2015, 10:25 pm

I love that you keep your mistakes in, makes me glad I am not the only one that makes them, ha!

• Vinita Jain October 13, 2015, 11:30 pm

I like the way you painted the holly leaves and the gold embossing at the edge is a perfect match!!! Always love your awesome creations! Thanks for sharing Catherine!
    Hugs!

• Bonnie Thrasher October 14, 2015, 1:43 am

I love these swirls added to the holly leaves. Gorgeous.

• Lynn Mott October 14, 2015, 5:19 am

Dang it! I was following along making your card with the product I have and you changed it on me in mid air. but mine did turn out okay with just the one set of holly leaves. LOVE all of your cards.

• Jennifer Delauter-Hovermale October 14, 2015, 6:59 am

I really like how you added the small gold border along the edge of the card base. It adds just a hint of accent that totally ties the card together perfectly. Beautifully done, as always Catherine!!

• lisa808 October 14, 2015, 8:36 am

Stunning card!!!

• Catherine October 14, 2015, 10:20 am

Every die and stamp you’ve seen me use this week is in the box! :)

• RedGem October 14, 2015, 1:38 pm

Very pretty and love the design! Will have to use more masking.

• Karen October 14, 2015, 2:28 pm

Catherine your cards are always so inspirational… i can’t wait to get my hands on this box! :D (fingers crossed i get online in time :) )
    Awesome blog hop too! everyone just did a fabulous job with their creations! I am SO in the mood for Christmas card making!!!

• Katharina October 14, 2015, 3:25 pm

I am watching your release videos backwards. :D This set I love the most and
    I love the card you made with it.
    xoxo

• Joyce Erb October 14, 2015, 4:03 pm

Beautiful card and versatile set.

• Jill October 14, 2015, 8:01 pm

Love the gold embossing.

• Krista Jensen October 14, 2015, 11:14 pm

Dang you are really inspiring me and motivation me to start crafting again!

• Mary Lambos October 16, 2015, 10:17 am

Love, love, love this card! It has a very retro—Kind of 60s look! Great jo dear Catherine!

• Jeannette Ledin October 16, 2015, 11:58 am

Your added little touches are the best.

• Caroline King October 17, 2015, 6:15 pm

ooooh this card is so beautiful…..forgot how beautiful it is to use embossing powder especially gold and then go back and do a watercolor effect………

Christmas Gallery Projects Stamp of Approval Videos

Happy-Birthday-Cake-Card-by-Taheerah-Atchia-001

Sweet Birthday with Taheerah Atchia

Screen Shot 2017-05-28 at 6.46.40 PM

Behind-the-scenes: may include tears

Beautiful-You-Ingrid-Blackburn

Prominent Sentiments with Ingrid Blackburn

Shaped Card detail wm

Circle Shaped Card with Chrissie Tobas

SOA WInners

Stamp of Approval Winners!

Happy Birthday Watercolor and Embossed Card 2