SOA Release Week Day #3: Traditional Colors with Snowflakes!

Stamp of Approval Holiday Magic Collection Stamp of Approval Release Week Day #3: Traditional Colors with Snowflakes!

I’ve been playing with my Stamp of Approval Holiday Magic Collection with Non-Traditional and Traditional colors on these cards here and here.  It’s been really fun to see which ones you all prefer!

Today’s card is a bit of a twist…how about traditioinal red, green and gold with snowflakes!!???  I almost always stamp them in pastels (especially PINK!) and silver….so this was fun and different for me!

Looking for more Holiday Card Making ideas?  Grab your free Project Guide here!

When Michele and I worked on putting together this set of snowflake stamps and dies, I was striving for the perfect snowflake collection.

Have you ever had a stamp set with one snowflake in it and really what you wanted was several different sizes of snowflakes that were perfect for clustering, layering, being solo, background stamping, focal points…AND you wanted coordinating dies to go with them?

I have…and that’s why I had Michele design a veritable flurry of snowflakes that give you ooodles of design options!

Stamp of Approval Holiday Magic Collection

You can now purchase these snowflake stamps in dies in our Online Store HERE!

Be sure to stop by these Design Team Member blogs to see what they did with these goodies!

Stamp of Approval Holiday Magic Collection Other Supplies used on this card:

• Ink:  Versamark, Cottage Ivy, Pistacio, Bamboo Leaves, Love Letter (Memento), Real Red Ink (SU)
  • Cardstock:  White (SU)
  • Accessories:  Metallic Gold Sparkle Embossing Glitter (WOW)

Before I go, I have one more snowflake card to share.  This one, along with more than 40 others, will be in the PDF download that is free to those that purchase the box.  Tons of inspiration in one place, thank you very much!

Stamp of Approval Holiday Magic Collection Directions:

1.  Stamp snowflakes and greeting on 3-3/8 x 5-1/2” piece of card stock.
2.  Using the border stamp from the Holiday Trimmings stamp set, stamp in Versamark Ink, cover in silver embossing powder and heat.
3.  Stamp diamond border stamp in Soft Pool.
4.  Add stamped layer to card base with dimensional adhesive.
Supplies:
Ink:  Versamark, Black Memento, Soft Pool  (Hero Arts)
Cardstock:  White (SU)
Accessories:  Silver Embossing Powder

• Kristie G. October 12, 2015, 10:04 am

LOVE the gold, green and red snowflake card, Catherine!!! WOW!!! The soft blue one is gorgeous too!

• Sabrina Radican October 12, 2015, 10:13 am

I am loving those snowflakes!!! I love doing both non-traditional Christmas colors and Christmas colors!!

• Tammy October 12, 2015, 10:34 am

I really liked the top card until you put the little circles. Then I just lost it. And I love the second snowflake card with the platinum on the sides is awesome. Good job.

• Elaine Johnson October 12, 2015, 10:41 am

I like the traditional colors of res and green for Christmas, but snowflakes in blue are more appealing to me. Even so, I do like the gold flakes and little bits in green and red. Covered with vellum, this would make a wow of a background paper.

• Kathy Serrahn October 12, 2015, 10:45 am

Love all the cards

• Ina October 12, 2015, 11:09 am

Love the stamps and the cards. Love to watch you create.

• Margaret October 12, 2015, 12:20 pm

Love today’s card!!! I will case this. Love the stamp set!

• Barbara Green October 12, 2015, 1:08 pm

I really love the traditional Christmas colors but after seeing some of you card in
    non traditional it hard to decide. I think it would depend on what stamps I was using.

• Heather North October 12, 2015, 1:28 pm

Love the way you angled the front panel and added a layer of red behind it. Your wonderful snowflake card is so pretty! Thanks for sharing that one too.

• Chris Boldovici October 12, 2015, 2:00 pm

OMG, Awesome cards Catherine! Can not wait to get my SOA Box…. :)

• Laurel Beard October 12, 2015, 2:29 pm

OH OH! Love the mixture of the two sets here! How adorable

• Ellen S October 12, 2015, 2:40 pm

I absolutely love these snowflake stamps! And the card is awesome! I’m partial to traditional Christmas colors but your cards have me rethinking that. Thanks for the inspiration!

• KathyP October 12, 2015, 3:48 pm

I thought it may have been too much going on, but it really is just beautiful!

• Sue Ivings October 12, 2015, 4:03 pm

Loving the cards, especially the pale blue & silver one.

• Linda Gorman October 12, 2015, 5:58 pm

I love to use both traditional and non-traditional colors. What ever suites me best at the time I make the card!!! Your card was beautiful!

• Marlene October 12, 2015, 6:24 pm

I love this snowflake background you made…..it is so pretty. I love the traditional colors but honestly, I like to play around with the non-traditional colors as well.

• Lisa October 12, 2015, 6:55 pm

Catherine, I love how the card turned out, it’s beautiful and has an old vintage vibe to it, love that. I so love how you wing it and it always just works, lol. I’m super excited, can’t wait till Thursday.

• Shona Austin October 12, 2015, 6:57 pm

I enjoy both unusual colors and traditional. Your card was very Christmasy and I enjoyed it. However the blue snowflakes are great too.

• Ebrown October 12, 2015, 6:57 pm

I love the traditional Christmas colors and had never thought of using non-traditional colors, but after seeing your designs, I love the look. Will have to try some this year!

• Mary Laffin October 12, 2015, 7:45 pm

Love this card. So much fun to see how you put things together. I need to remember to play with offsetting things more. It looks so great.
    I love traditional Chrismas colors AND blue, white and silver.

• Sharon kaldenberger October 12, 2015, 7:51 pm

I am really love the new Christmas designs you all are showing us. I am sure to be making some new impressions on the receivers of my holiday cards.
    Thanks so much for shaking up the designs.

• Brooke Rector October 12, 2015, 8:16 pm

I like both, but prefer traditional colors!

• Mary W October 12, 2015, 8:18 pm

When making cards, I love the traditional colors the most because I can’t use them any other time of the year without it looking like Christmas. I do, however, love non-traditional colors on cards I receive. These snowflakes look so cool with their ability to layer.

• Mary Reinecke October 12, 2015, 9:00 pm

Love it !! Can’t wait to get my hands on this SOA box !!!!

• Beth Krakowski October 12, 2015, 10:32 pm

I have really been enjoying your cards. I usually start my cards (I make 80) in July, but am still getting ideas. Have had so many people ask me if I have them made. Sometimes I make them all the same and sometimes several different cards. This year I think it will have to be several different. Love your inspiration.

• Tory October 12, 2015, 10:38 pm

OMG….I am IN LOVE with your Christmas/Holiday stamp kit collection. Love both non traditional colors as well as traditional colors. I would say I am equal 50/50 on the colors. I love both!!!!

• Sandra Johnston October 13, 2015, 8:14 am

Great cards Catherine! I love the traditional colors in the first one and it is my favorite for that reason! I do like the blue snowflakes and may actually do a few non traditional color cards this year! Great holiday collection!

• Janice H. October 13, 2015, 8:20 am

Gorgeous: each one is so different. Love the colours. :-)

• Pamela October 13, 2015, 11:17 am

Catherine….loved the look of this traditional colored Christmas card…I go for the rich reds, greens and gold for my cards. Non traditional colors just aren’t Christmas to me!

• Suzanne T October 13, 2015, 1:36 pm

This card is pretty, and I, just love the colors. Beautiful!!!

• Fran_s October 13, 2015, 6:29 pm

Normally I like traditional, but I’m kind of liking the non-traditional colors now too. The snowflakes are really cool.

• Kimberly Martin October 13, 2015, 10:23 pm

I am in love with these snowflakes!!! Love your cards you are creating.

• mo October 13, 2015, 11:16 pm

I love the snowflakes!

• Jennifer Delauter-Hovermale October 14, 2015, 12:45 am

What a perfect sentiment for a beautiful card!! Catherine, you really outdid yourself when helping to design these snowflakes. They are all so beautiful and unique!!

• Bonnie Thrasher October 14, 2015, 1:40 am

Love this card. I can’t wait. I’m a traditional colors kind of girl mostly, though occasionally I like to through in a curve with some non-traditional colors.

• Bianca Rebel (Netherlands) October 14, 2015, 5:13 am

I really enjoy watching your videos. You make such beautiful cards and give me a lot of idees. Thank you!
    I love the card of the Stamp of Approval Release Week Day #3: Traditional Colors with Snowflakes! The colors do not matter, it is the design which makes it great!

• Maxine October 14, 2015, 10:02 am

This is such a fun set. Gorgeous cards that make me think I need to change my swap card!

• Sherrie Holt October 14, 2015, 10:52 am

I really like snowflakes too. Can I just order the two snowflake rubber stamp sets? And I too like non-additional colors at Christmas. I have orange in my Kitchen, so Red and green will not go, so I like adding burnt orange, more of a orangey- red & brass colors, Thanks again for all your ideas.

• Shirley October 16, 2015, 4:20 am

I love the crazy angle on this card – it really works!

• Mary Lambos October 16, 2015, 10:29 am

I’m a traditional colors for my Christmas cards, but my holiday thank you cards are always way out there! Beautiful card! Can’t wait for my box of goodies to come!

Christmas Gallery Holiday Projects Stamp of Approval Videos

juliemogford_withloveatchristmas1_CPblog

Plaid Tree Holiday Tree with Julie

greenteaplaid

Clean and Simple Plaid Note Card with Melissa

Spa Release 050ADJ copy.jpgSMALL

Adding Details to Winter Woodland with Lisa Harrolle

Paradise Found Blog Hop Winners!

Spa Ink Release Detail_Chrissie Tobas

CP Designs Creative Team Call

Rudolph-Reindeer-Christmas-Card-by-Taheerah-Atchia-001

Peppermint Scrub + Green Tea = Brown with Taheerah

CPD Wonderfultimeoftheyear-IlinaCrouse

Wonderful Time of the Year with Ilina

BF2017_fbsharing

Black Friday Sales in our Shop!

DSC00134