Brusho Watercolored Background with Whimsy Christmas Stamps

World Card Making Day StampNation World Card Making Day is just around the corner!  It is StampNation’s biggest event of the year and the Dream Team has been working behind the scenes feverishly on preparing awesomeness for it.

When we started celebrating this event, we had 12 challenges (along with videos and sample inspiration) and posted one every hour for 24 hours.

Since then, we’ve tweaked the schedule a bit because some of our international friends weren’t able to celebrate with us during THEIR 24 hours of WCMD…sigh…that crazy time zone thing!  LOL!

Randall and I did some “time zone map investigating” and figured out that WCMD starts the very first place in the world when it is Friday, October 2 at 8 am Eastern time.  It is 7 am Eastern when the very last place on earth says good-bye to WCMD.

So it only makes sense to stretch this baby out and celebrate all weekend long, right?

If you follow the Dream Team blogs (learn about them here) and my blog all weekend, you will see some great stuff.  But the real action is on StampNation!

Challenges every few hours, prizes, videos, and samples galore to get your mojo into high gear.  We can not WAIT!  Click here to learn more if you haven’t joined us yet.  Hope to see you there!

Brusho Watercolored Background with Whimsy Catherine Pooler Brusho Watercolored Background with Whimsy Christmas Stamps

A couple weeks ago, I did a video introducing you to and playing with Brusho.  Brush is a watercolor medium that comes in a powder form and is quite fun and interesting to play with!  Click here to view my first post on them.

For this card, I started with the stunning Funky Christmas Tree Die (Whimsy Stamps) cut out of glitter paper and thought it would look amazing on a Brusho Background.  I started playing and THIS happened!

View the video for all the nitty gritty!

How else would you use this tree die cut?

What else would you do with the Brusho background?

Tons of fun to be had here!

Brusho Watercolored Background with Whimsy  Catherine Pooler

Screen Shot 2015-09-17 at 6.06.29 PM Puppy Update!  If you follow me on Facebook, or saw my Periscope the other day, you know we have a new member of the family!  This little guy is one of 13 and just came home this afternoon.  His given name is Eli and so far, we haven’t chosen another name for him.

The girls were at school and Randall was at work when it was pick-up time, so I went alone.  That was fine, but he cried and whimpered the whole way home!  Poor little baby!

As soon as I got home, I did a quick Periscope (click here to see it – up for the next 20 or so hours) and hung out with the pups until the girls got home.  He has done a lot of whining and whimpering and laying behind the love seat on the porch this afternoon.

Tonight, he’s much more playful and isn’t crying hardly at all.  Thank you SO much for sharing our excitement!

Supplies:

• Tina Martin September 17, 2015, 7:46 pm

Oh my goodness what a gorgeous card! I love that die!

• Jenn September 17, 2015, 8:29 pm

Beautiful card! I think I would have made the “Merry” red, but that’s just me :) I think an all white card with a silver border would be stunning. Or maybe use a blue Brusho background with a silver (or gold) tree. Lots of possibilities!

Glad your pup is starting to settle in!

• glow September 18, 2015, 4:29 pm

hey there catherine.. :) thanks for the ideas!!! i was somewhat stuck today with a project i had… but its coming along now : ) thanks again!!! so glad you have eli there.. so funny how i liked him first thing… and yu hadnt told us which one you had decided at that email yet… so ha… that was kinda fun: ) thanks for the inspiration!

• Sandi September 18, 2015, 4:55 pm

Eli misses his brothers and sisters, he will be a happy pup soon. Glad he has a great home. Oh before I forget love the card.

• Chris R. from Iowa September 18, 2015, 6:10 pm

Not sure which is cuter the card or little Eli! I have not seen this stamp site before and there was a basset hound stamp with a cat that says something about lend me an ear! I have a 15 month old basset hound named TED for Tactical Explosive Device! No paper was safe around the boy when he was younger and still for that matter! Sorry, I so seldom comment, I will try to do better as I love your work!

• Marlene September 18, 2015, 10:43 pm

Oh my goodness, that simple card turned out gorgeous. I love that die and the greens look so great behind it.

• Cynthia Johnson September 19, 2015, 2:36 am

Hi Catherine,
    I just saw something on You Tube and had to ask if you have seen it. It’s the Inkadinkado Stamping Gears. I would love for you to do a video on it. I’m on the fence about it and I know you don’t jump into things that quickly, you do your homework.
    Btw, I love the card and I love Brushos! I especially love your new family member. Congrats on him. I’m sure he’ll give you years of joy and love!

• Jennifer Delauter-Hovermale September 19, 2015, 8:16 am

OMG!!!!! The Christmas tree die is SO Gorgeous!!!! Gotta have it!! Congratulations about your new puppy! I’m so glad to hear that he is settling in now. I think I would have cried if I heard his whimpering!! Poor thing.

Christmas Gallery Projects Techniques Videos

Congrats with Arjita Singh

Creating a Winter Sunset Scene

Creating a Winter Sunset Scene Tutorial at StampNation

Hello Clean and Simple

Fun and Fabulous Items Coming to the Shop!

Soft Stenciling with Heather

It’s Our Birthday!

Thoughts_detail

Negative Die Cutting with the Perfect Vine Die with Chrissie Tobas

PartialStenciling

Partial Stenciling with Maureen Merritt

winners

Winners for the Stamp of Approval Blog Hops!

Counting Blessings Fallen Leaves1

Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval Blog Hop Day 3: Stencil and Watercolored Backgrounds

Fallen Leaves 4