Gold Embossing and Zig Markers

goldembossing Happy Monday!  I am back, refreshed and ready to go!  Alana and Anna went off to school today (7th and 10th grades) and I am the current winner of the “Mother of the Year” award.  I woke up and asked Randall where Anna was.  He said, “She left already”!.

What!?

My first question was…”what was she wearing”.

She’s almost 16.  Nuff said.

The video I’ve got for you today, I actually filmed earlier in the summer.  I got busy with something else and never edited it.  How in the world does that happen?

I used leftover peices from an upcoming newsletter project.  I also used the same background stamp set and dies to make this Twisted Inlaid Die Cut card and the colors and patterns were inspired by our In The Mood Online Class.

How will you be inspired by today’s card?  The mix of patterns?  The circles?  The black, white, gold and pop of red?

I’ll be linking this card up in our In The Mood class gallery.  There is a ton of inspiration over there!
gold embossing

See you in a couple days with another video!

Supplies:

• Janice Hilton August 24, 2015, 6:20 pm

Right after the video on Facebook, I sat down and followed step-by-step this card idea. Love, love it. Thanks so much. :-)

• Lisa Harrolle August 25, 2015, 3:40 pm

Great card Catherine. I save everything and try to use as much as possible. The pile grows faster than I can use it all though. I have a little bin I toss the small die cuts or other things I don’t use and when my little niece comes over she also has fun going through and putting things to good use.

• judy dobson August 27, 2015, 1:24 pm

Hi Catherine:
    Where can I find instructions for a shaker card?
    thanks
    Judy

• Samantha Coleman August 27, 2015, 1:24 pm

I just got a 12 pack of Zig Markers. But you made it look easy to use them. Maybe I should break them out and try them out.

• Catherine August 27, 2015, 1:32 pm

YES! DO IT DO IT DO IT!!!

• Catherine August 27, 2015, 1:34 pm
  • judy dobson August 27, 2015, 1:37 pm

Hi Catherine:
    I wanted to make a shaker card, so i joined the Mood Gallery.
    Thanks\
    PS…Where do you get the plastic sheet?
    Judy

• Fran August 27, 2015, 1:55 pm

Love the card and the fact you keep in the boo-boo. Helps show me how to cover up my mistakes and not have to throw the whole thing away. Thanks.

• Man Vittorio August 28, 2015, 10:33 am

Dawn here to show you a card using a stencil, Texture Paste, watercolour Zig Brush markers and a die cut. Once it dried I coloured with the Zig Markers and totally spritzed with water to mix.

• Fran W. August 28, 2015, 9:10 pm

Awesome card layout. I make those kinds of boo boos ALL the time, but you’ve taught me how to cleverly disguise them and save the card. So thanks for that!
    I also save all the bits on my desk and try to use when I can. When the pile gets too high, it goes into the bin for my granddaughter.

Embossing Floral Gallery Projects Techniques Thank You Videos

Counting Blessings Fallen Leaves1

Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval Blog Hop Day 3: Stencil and Watercolored Backgrounds

Fallen Leaves 4

Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval Blog Hop Day 2: Fallen Leaves

Bloomin' Bouquet 1.1

Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval Blog Hop Day 1: Bloomin’ Bouquet

Counting Blessings Thankful

Counting Blessings – Grateful, Thankful, Blessed

Counting Blessings Until Further Notice

Counting Blessings – Stenciling with Multiple Colors

Counting Blessings Faux Bleaching

Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval – Faux Bleaching

CountingBlesings_BlogFBComingSoon

A Quick Card and a peek at the Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval Collection!

IngridCU-CP-FP-2b

The Perfect Pear with Ingrid Blackburn

Chrissie_Pineapple

Masked Mod Flower Stencil with Chrissie Tobas

ECShow_Instagram

Enchanted Cottage, here I come!

Floral Background KISS Cards_3

Floral Background: KISS Cards

citrushello

Summer Citrus with Melissa Miller

Mod Flower Watercolor Card 2

Using Stencils as Stamps – Brick Wall with Graffiti Style Sentiments

How to reink youtube

How to Reink your Ink Pads- sounds easy, but you’ll want these tips!

pineapplethanks