Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers and Cardstock Comparison

Zig Real Brush Markers colors and cardstock comparison Catherine Pooler Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers and Cardstock Comparison

Hey, friends!  Today’s video is all about how I picked out my colors – it’s oh, so scientific!  lol!  and I’ll give you the low down on the card stock…

I love rainbow, bright, very saturated colors and I have linked all the colors I have below for your convenience, and a photo above showing them for reals.  The ones with the little dot?  Those are the colors that come in the 12 pack.  Hope this helps!

The results from this very scientific test surprised me.  I’ve played with the Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers and the best, most consistent results have been on the Strathmore Bristol paper.  So it really puzzled and cracked me up because the results above were very similar.

Hopefully Laurel will pop in here and tell me what I was doing WRONG (right???), lol!  She had terrible results on the watercolor paper.  Huh!

Leave me a note and let me know what your experience has been and what questions you have after watching this video!

Zig Real Brush Markers colors and cardstock comparison Catherine Pooler

You can also buy the Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers at Marker Supply.  Great price and super fast shipping – tell them I sent you!

• Amanda July 2, 2015, 4:51 pm

I like them now, although I didn’t like them when I first got them. I found I was moving too fast though. Once I slowed my coloring speed down, the pen released enough ink that they worked great. But I don’t find them to work well while coloring fast. I like the Canson 90 lb paper best (I’ve only used Canson 90 lb and Canson 140 lb)

Your color collection looks pretty complete! I have a few ordered, after they arrive I’ll fill in what I’m still missing using the colors you have on your list.

• Lynne Ingram July 2, 2015, 5:19 pm

I always use Bristol Strathmore water color paper because it is easy to come by locally and works very well with distress and my newly purchased (right before the Zig came out) spectrum aqua markers. I have not tried the Zig yet but after watching you and Jennifer, I am going to have to do so,. Thanks for the video.

• glow:) July 2, 2015, 5:52 pm

hey catherine… its “glow”ing…wow.. ya thanks for this and thanks for the advice on how many or which ones to get:) now we c if i sell some cards this month or not.. anyways…. gr8 sharing:) and thanks for shining on.. sure would like a short whippy :) quick note from you.. i only see that if you reply, of course.. i am here for the next time and please note: i love you the way you are..and that is whats special… k well c ya in the next town.. and enjoy july 4th!!! …all the best to u always.. i am sorta freaked that i said something wrong.. just want to apologize in case i did.. and thats waht freaky about quiet spells between friends.. and they can be friendly silence.. i trust thats what it is… love ya, still..”glow”ing

• Suzanne July 2, 2015, 10:28 pm

Catherine, I want to know where you found these markers? I have looked online, but they seem too expensive. Well at least for me, that is.

Thanks,

• Catherine July 2, 2015, 10:44 pm

Hi Suzanne! I just updated the post to include a link to Marker Supply – great price and super fast shipping!

• Denise Bryant July 3, 2015, 11:17 am

I got the set of 12 through Marker Supply a couple of months ago, and just wanted to say that the service and price are excellent! I have also filled in a few extra colors at my local craft store. Thanks for the advice on the papers. Have not really had a chance to try these out.

• Shirley Baker July 3, 2015, 11:51 am

Thanks for your informative video! Are all of these papers watercolor paper? These markers look very nice.

Shirley

• Robin in WA July 3, 2015, 1:29 pm

They all look beautiful! Love these markers! thanks for the comparison!!

Gallery Projects Tool Tips Videos

Field Trip to Betty’s Creative Studio

Ellen Hutson Breast Cancer Blog Hop

UNITED WE CONQUER! Ellen Hutson BCRF Fundraiser

Spring Fling 039ADJ copy.jpgSMALL

Congrats with Lisa Harrolle

Congratulations Spot On 1

Congratulations Card with new Spring Fling Inks!

Party Collection: Spring Fling Release Blog Hop

MelonIce

Welcome Melon Ice! and a Father’s Day Card

MinttoBe

Ink Color #8 Clue and Welcome Mint to Be!