Emboss Resist Technique with Ken Oliver Color Bursts

Emboss Resist with Color Bursts Emboss Resist Technique with Ken Oliver Color Bursts

Earlier this week, I shared a video using the Ken Oliver Color Burst powders.  As per my commitment to you all in my newsletter last week, this is a product that knocked my socks off!  I will have several video tutorials to show you different ways to use this medium as well as suggestions for alternate products when appropriate.

Today’s video will show you two different ways to use the Color Bursts with the Emboss Resist Technique.

Emboss Resist with Color Bursts 7 What do you think?  By the sounds of my friends on Facebook and the sistahs at StampNation, many of you are as enamoured with this product as I am!

Emboss Resist with Color Bursts 4

The resulting technique pieces are so interesting, I had to take a bunch of photos…

Emboss Resist with Color Bursts 6

So, what makes your heart sing?  Speckled look?  Watercolored look?  Both?  Leave a comment below and let me know!

Emboss Resist with Color Bursts 5
Emboss Resist with Color Bursts 3 I hope you enjoyed this tutorial – I sure had fun making these cards!

If you are new to my blog, WELCOME!   Be sure to subscribe to my newsletter so we can stay in touch!

Click here to learn more and subscribe – see you on the other side!

Emboss Resist with Color Bursts 2

Supplies:

• Linda Wilkinson June 11, 2015, 8:21 pm

Boy are those cards beautiful! I so love those they look so easy to used!

• NinaM. June 12, 2015, 8:02 am

Hi Catherine I really enjoy your videos, they are packed with techniques, and they
    make me smile! Just wanted to let you know, and to thank you for all you do!

• Catherine June 12, 2015, 1:39 pm

Thank you so much Nina and Linda! :)

• Theresa June 14, 2015, 10:21 pm

Sooooo cool! Thanks for always providing such awesome tutorials and inspiration!

• Barbara J Collins June 17, 2015, 4:21 pm

am a newbie and learning new techniques.

• janet June 20, 2015, 5:29 pm

Love these. I have Brushos and can’t afford the Ken Oliver powders unless they are different -can you tell me if Brushos will do the same job pease? I love the effects you’ve achieved.

• Catherine June 20, 2015, 7:54 pm

Hi Janet!
    I do not have the brushos, but they are powder watercolor – just like the Color Bursts. I don’t know what the colors are like…but they come in pots like the Bister Powders do. You can see them here: http://catherinepooler.com/2015/06/bister-powder-background-with-creative-medium-video-tutorial/
    Hope that helps!

Embossing Gallery Projects Techniques Videos

Counting Blessings Fallen Leaves1

Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval Blog Hop Day 3: Stencil and Watercolored Backgrounds

Fallen Leaves 4

Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval Blog Hop Day 2: Fallen Leaves

Bloomin' Bouquet 1.1

Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval Blog Hop Day 1: Bloomin’ Bouquet

Counting Blessings Thankful

Counting Blessings – Grateful, Thankful, Blessed

Counting Blessings Until Further Notice

Counting Blessings – Stenciling with Multiple Colors

Counting Blessings Faux Bleaching

Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval – Faux Bleaching

CountingBlesings_BlogFBComingSoon

A Quick Card and a peek at the Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval Collection!

IngridCU-CP-FP-2b

The Perfect Pear with Ingrid Blackburn

Chrissie_Pineapple

Masked Mod Flower Stencil with Chrissie Tobas

ECShow_Instagram

Enchanted Cottage, here I come!

Floral Background KISS Cards_3

Floral Background: KISS Cards

citrushello

Summer Citrus with Melissa Miller

Mod Flower Watercolor Card 2

Using Stencils as Stamps – Brick Wall with Graffiti Style Sentiments

How to reink youtube

How to Reink your Ink Pads- sounds easy, but you’ll want these tips!

pineapplethanks