Emboss Resist Technique with Ken Oliver Color Bursts

Emboss Resist with Color Bursts Emboss Resist Technique with Ken Oliver Color Bursts

Earlier this week, I shared a video using the Ken Oliver Color Burst powders.  As per my commitment to you all in my newsletter last week, this is a product that knocked my socks off!  I will have several video tutorials to show you different ways to use this medium as well as suggestions for alternate products when appropriate.

Today’s video will show you two different ways to use the Color Bursts with the Emboss Resist Technique.

Emboss Resist with Color Bursts 7 What do you think?  By the sounds of my friends on Facebook and the sistahs at StampNation, many of you are as enamoured with this product as I am!

Emboss Resist with Color Bursts 4

The resulting technique pieces are so interesting, I had to take a bunch of photos…

Emboss Resist with Color Bursts 6

So, what makes your heart sing?  Speckled look?  Watercolored look?  Both?  Leave a comment below and let me know!

Emboss Resist with Color Bursts 5
Emboss Resist with Color Bursts 3 I hope you enjoyed this tutorial – I sure had fun making these cards!

If you are new to my blog, WELCOME!   Be sure to subscribe to my newsletter so we can stay in touch!

Click here to learn more and subscribe – see you on the other side!

Emboss Resist with Color Bursts 2

Supplies:

• Linda Wilkinson June 11, 2015, 8:21 pm

Boy are those cards beautiful! I so love those they look so easy to used!

• NinaM. June 12, 2015, 8:02 am

Hi Catherine I really enjoy your videos, they are packed with techniques, and they
    make me smile! Just wanted to let you know, and to thank you for all you do!

• Catherine June 12, 2015, 1:39 pm

Thank you so much Nina and Linda! :)

• Theresa June 14, 2015, 10:21 pm

Sooooo cool! Thanks for always providing such awesome tutorials and inspiration!

• Barbara J Collins June 17, 2015, 4:21 pm

am a newbie and learning new techniques.

• janet June 20, 2015, 5:29 pm

Love these. I have Brushos and can’t afford the Ken Oliver powders unless they are different -can you tell me if Brushos will do the same job pease? I love the effects you’ve achieved.

• Catherine June 20, 2015, 7:54 pm

Hi Janet!
    I do not have the brushos, but they are powder watercolor – just like the Color Bursts. I don’t know what the colors are like…but they come in pots like the Bister Powders do. You can see them here: http://catherinepooler.com/2015/06/bister-powder-background-with-creative-medium-video-tutorial/
    Hope that helps!

Embossing Gallery Projects Techniques Videos

Stamp of Approval Project guide

Who’s looking for inspiration?

Winterhaven-Stamp-of-Approval-Joy-Wreath-Feature-Image

Pink Snowflake Joy and WINNERS!

SOA Winterhaven Joy Chalkboard 2

Blog Hop Day 3: Chalkboard Holiday Cards and Watercolored Wreath

SOA Winterhaven Joy wreath 2

Blog Hop Day 2: Tis the Season Wreath Card and Faux Metal Accents

SOA Winterhaven Tags 2

Winterhaven Stamp of Approval Collection Blog Hop Day 1: Good Stuff Tags

SOA Winterhaven carolers 2

Winterhaven Stamp of Approval Preview Day 2: Here We Come A-Caroling

SOA Winterhaven Watercolor Poinsettia

Winterhaven Stamp of Approval Preview Day 1: Tis the Season and Here We Come A Caroling Stamp Sets

View More: http://em-grey.pass.us/catherine-pooler-august-2016-em-grey-photography-raleigh-nc

Card Making Goodness is out of control! (in a very, very good way)

wcmd2017_blogfb (1)

World Card Making Day Sponsors

WCMDcollage

Our World Card Making Day Weekend begins on Friday!

Multi-Step Stamping and Angled Card Front 4

Multi-Step Stamping, Tone on Tone Stenciling and Angled Card Fronts

SOA-CPBlogPost

Clean & Graphic Leaf Motifs with Maureen

Congrats with Arjita Singh

Creating a Winter Sunset Scene

Creating a Winter Sunset Scene Tutorial at StampNation

Hello Clean and Simple

Fun and Fabulous Items Coming to the Shop!

Soft Stenciling with Heather