Kids’ Birthday Card with Simon Says Stamp

StampNation Birthday Bash

Welcome to Day #3 of StampNation‘s 4th Birthday Bash!  Today’s challenge is to make a “Card for a Kid”!  FUN!

Oh, how I love this card…let me count the ways…

In this video, we’ll make a Kids’ Birthday Card with Simon Says Stamp!

Stenciling- I first used the stencil as a stamp to add a gorgeous sparkle to the background.

Rainbow colors with Distress Ink.  Nuff said.  Who doesn’t love that?

Farm Animals – what kid wouldn’t smile at these?  Who am I kidding?  What ADULT wouldn’t smile at these?

Chalkboard Technique – this trend has some serious sticking power!  It’s been popular for a loooong time.  I’ve been at CHA this year checking out new trends and products coming out in the crafting industry and there is still a bunch of chalkboard stuff!

This darling set by Simon Says Stamp is perfect for this technique…especially if you don’t want to COLOR!  :)

Wooden Embellishments – this is another trend that has been around for a while and I love it!  I haven’t used wooden embellishments a ton, but I think I need to use them more.

Catherine Pooler Birthday Card for Kids

What is your favorite part?   How are you inspired today?

Be sure you check out my Birthday Bash details post – there are some StampNation memberships up for grabs and a bunch of birthday card making inspiration.

Catherine Pooler Birthday Card for Kids

Here is a peek at the card coming to StampNation today.  I don’t know if you can tell, but the background is double stenciled!  Such a fabulous effect!

I’ll see you over there!

Catherine Pooler Birthday Card for Kids

New here?  WELCOME!  I’d love to stay in touch - SUBSCRIBE TO MY NEWSLETTER and get exclusive projects in your inbox!

——— S U P P L I E S ———

• Simon Says Clear Stamps BIRTHDAY FARM ANIMALS sss101430 This is the Life
• Simon Says Stamp Stencil FLOWER PATTERN ssst121366 Cold Hands Warm Heart
• Ink Blending Tool Replacement Foam, 1 Inch Round  ——
• Ink Blending Tool, 1 Inch Round
• Memory Box Dies, Cornerstone Seal (Retiring)
• Distress Ink Pad, Picked Raspberry
• Distress Ink Pad, Mustard Seed
• Distress Ink Pad, Peacock Feathers
• Bazzill Card Shoppe Cardstock, Marshmallow, 10 pk
• Bazzill Card Shoppe Cardstock, Licorice Twist, 25 pk
• Imagine Crafts Psst Shimmer Spritz 7ml Sheer Sprkl
• Avery Elle Ink Pad, Pure White
• Hero Arts Pigment Ink Pad, Unicorn White

• Ida Fluto January 13, 2015, 11:52 am

Love it

• Sue D January 13, 2015, 1:13 pm

Very cute–love the colorful background and the chalkboard technique.

• lisa808 January 13, 2015, 9:05 pm

Fab background.

• Marlene D January 15, 2015, 3:41 pm

Fun and cheerful for kids of any age!

• Jenelle January 16, 2015, 2:55 am

I love this cards! So cute and colorful! TFS!

• Doug January 26, 2015, 4:53 pm

Great card!

Big Shot Birthday Card Making Gallery Projects Techniques Videos

Kristieswoop

White and Black Popped Sentiment Focal Point with Kristie Goulet

Stamp of Approval Project guide

Who’s looking for inspiration?

Winterhaven-Stamp-of-Approval-Joy-Wreath-Feature-Image

Pink Snowflake Joy and WINNERS!

SOA Winterhaven Joy Chalkboard 2

Blog Hop Day 3: Chalkboard Holiday Cards and Watercolored Wreath

SOA Winterhaven Joy wreath 2

Blog Hop Day 2: Tis the Season Wreath Card and Faux Metal Accents

SOA Winterhaven Tags 2

Winterhaven Stamp of Approval Collection Blog Hop Day 1: Good Stuff Tags

SOA Winterhaven carolers 2

Winterhaven Stamp of Approval Preview Day 2: Here We Come A-Caroling

SOA Winterhaven Watercolor Poinsettia

Winterhaven Stamp of Approval Preview Day 1: Tis the Season and Here We Come A Caroling Stamp Sets

View More: http://em-grey.pass.us/catherine-pooler-august-2016-em-grey-photography-raleigh-nc

Card Making Goodness is out of control! (in a very, very good way)

wcmd2017_blogfb (1)

World Card Making Day Sponsors

WCMDcollage

Our World Card Making Day Weekend begins on Friday!

Multi-Step Stamping and Angled Card Front 4

Multi-Step Stamping, Tone on Tone Stenciling and Angled Card Fronts

SOA-CPBlogPost

Clean & Graphic Leaf Motifs with Maureen

Congrats with Arjita Singh

Creating a Winter Sunset Scene

Creating a Winter Sunset Scene Tutorial at StampNation

Hello Clean and Simple

Fun and Fabulous Items Coming to the Shop!