Watercolored Shaker Card Tutorial with DeNami Designs

DeNami Shaker Card

If you’ve never seen the stamps made by DeNami Designs, you need to go check out the cuteness!   Perfect for my fun and whimsical side as you can see in this card.

This week we are teaming up with DeNami Designs and StampNation’s Dream Team will be using tons of cute stamps with this week’s challenge sketch.  If inspiration and cuteness weren’t enough, we have prizes, too!

• $50 Gift Certificate to DeNami Designs for one lucky blog reader!  Leave a comment here letting me know if you’ve ever made a shaker card before to enter to win!  (Drawing on Tuesday, December 23rd)
  • $50 Gift Certificate to DeNami Designs for one lucky StampNation member!  Details on the challenge post.
  • Two Quarterly Subscriptions to StampNation – details here.
  • 10% off in the DeNami Designs store for StampNation Members!

DeNami  Blinkie

Not only is this company all about cute, they are the nicest people ever.  I recently found out that DeNami Designs is owned by Paulina’s parents (from Pretty Pink Posh).  Um, yeah…head slap right there!

Paulina is super high on my “NICE” list!  So it’s completely fitting that they are kin!  (oops, there goes my southern again, haha!).

I thought a fun shaker card was perfect for today’s project.  View today’s video tutorial to see how I made it:

I used three different DeNami Stamp Sets:  Whimsical Merry Christmas, Chickie on a Star, and Modern Borders 1.

I was pretty stoked with how this Shaker Card came out.  I really need to put it away.  I’ve not gotten much work done since making it because of all the shake-shake-shakin!

If you’ve made a Shaker Card, you know exactly what I mean.  You just can’t stop yourself!

I used Stampin’ Up’s Window Sheets and Dimensionals which are awesome.  I have also included alternatives in the supply list below.

DeNami Shaker Card 1
DeNami Sketch Peek
Here is a peek at the card I have going up on StampNation today.
I’ll also have a video tutorial walking you through how I made this card, including the watercoloring on the tree.
We hope you will join us today -

click here to learn more about membership!

• Kathleen Salazar December 11, 2014, 4:11 pm

I absolutely love shaker cards. thank you for doing this. I have met the people at DeNami when they have some to some of our Stamp Shows here in San Jose. They are very nice and their stamps are very wimsical. So thank you again.

• Jovana Djordjevic December 11, 2014, 5:07 pm

This is so cute shaker card! i tried to make some, and i LOVE them! I made several for friends and family to go with Christmas presents. :)

• Kathy Dalgliesh December 11, 2014, 5:09 pm

I have been wanting to try a shaker card…this will definitely help. Must try after I finish Christmas Cards!

• Barb Schmidt December 11, 2014, 6:03 pm

I just made my first 2 shaker cards… I watched so many videos… the best one used funfoam between the layers instead of little foam tape pieces… I love yours though and watch all of your videos… love, love, love….

• Maria Helena December 11, 2014, 7:38 pm

So far I have made 2 shaker cards… One “shaked” a lot, I guess because I doubled up the tape, the first one was king of tight, but they are really fun to make. I have also seen the fun foam technique but haven’t tried it. Love your videos!!

• Christine Kosmak December 11, 2014, 8:44 pm

Hi Catherine, I’ve never made a shaker card, yet!!! I managed to pick up a whole heap of different shaped sequins so cheap, but haven’t been able to get around to making a shaker. I may just make one as I have a facebook friend that I have to send a card too!!! I only just thought of that this second after watching your video!!! Thanks so much for your the inspiration!!!

• Julie Gastelum December 12, 2014, 12:09 am

Nope, haven’t tried it, maybe someday, your example is really cute.

• Sue D December 12, 2014, 12:57 am

I have made a few shaker cards. Love Denami designs.

• Carla Hundley December 12, 2014, 2:00 am

Love your cute
    shaker card and
    I have not made
    one yet, but I will
    try one maybe for
    New Year’s Eve!
    Carla from Utah

• Julie Pike December 12, 2014, 2:18 am

Love shaker cards and I love your videos, especially the out-takes at the end. They ALWAYS make me smile!

• Sandi December 13, 2014, 8:39 am

Very cute card! I love to watch a real video without all of the “fun” edited out. Thanks so much for your cute ideas.

• mary ann December 13, 2014, 10:47 am

made a shaker card for the holidays for my niece and nephews, so cute, will be doing that again. think they will love it.

• Darlene Renshaw December 13, 2014, 8:10 pm

I love and have made shaker cards. I think the people that I send them to also like them because I usually always get feedback when I send one. More so then when I send regular cards. I love your projects. Thank you, Sincerely and have a wonderful Christmas and New Year.

• Laura Harbin December 17, 2014, 12:48 am

I have never tried to make a shaker card. I think I should try it now.

• Julie Curwen December 18, 2014, 9:04 pm

I have made a shaker card – but made the window area too HUGE so it looked so funny. Learned my lesson that less is more LOL. Plus it had a gap in the tape I used so most of my sprinkles fell out. It was definitely a learning experience!

• Angel Girl 65 February 15, 2015, 9:29 pm

Loved the way you did this shaker card. I did one in my class, but instead of making a box, I used the top of a plastic name badge. It worked okay as long as the girls made sure they got the glue all around the edge. I think I would like to do another shaker card, but use your idea this time! St. Patrick’s Day is coming up so everyone is Irish then!

Christmas Gallery Projects Techniques Videos

Party Collection: Spring Fling Release Blog Hop

MelonIce

Welcome Melon Ice! and a Father’s Day Card

MinttoBe

Ink Color #8 Clue and Welcome Mint to Be!

ItsABoy

Ink Color #7 Clue and Welcome It’s a Boy!

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter and a look at the Spring Fling products!

Pixie Dust 4

Ink Color #6 Clue and Welcome Pixie Dust!

It's a Girl2

Ink Color #5 Clue and Welcome It’s a Girl!

IAGTPhoto_1

Ink Color #4 Clue and Welcome Sweet Sixteen!

Garden Party 2

Ink Color #3 Clue and welcome Garden Party

GPartyTeasePhoto_2

Ink Color #2 clue and Welcome Bellini!

TeasePhoto_3

Ink Color Guessing Begins!

Sharing Collage 2

Tomorrow is a big day!

Sponged, Sprayed and Embossed

Sponged, Sprayed and Glitter Embossed

Glass Bead Glitter Gel and Brusho

Glass Bead Glitter Gel, Brusho and Stencils!

Double Points!

Celebrate the weekend with DOUBLE points!

We Moved!