Colored Embossing Paste/Verdigris Christmas Tree Card

Colored Embossing Paste/Verdigris Christmas Tree Card In the photo above you can really see how amazing, yet subtle, the Gold Embossing Paste is!  It didn’t come that way out of the jar, it started as Pearlescent Embossing Paste.

In today’s video, I will show you how I used a Gold Delicata Ink pad to give this Embossing Paste a perfect metallic look AND how to not make a giant mess in the process!   Win, win!

I used to use TONS of colored cardstock…I’m talking on every card!  For a good 6 months or so I’ve barely used any. Instead, I color my White Cardstock with my ink pads…either direct to paper or by sponging color on.

I really love that you can get perfectly matched cardstock to your inks every single time. On this card by using the Gold Delicata Ink Pad, I was able to perfectly match the Embossing Paste and the gold layer.  Awesome, right? Colored Embossing Paste/Verdigris Christmas Tree Card Up next…StampNation Members will get a tutorial showing how to take this exact layout and use:

• different colors
  • different stamps
  • different techniques (including using negative space!)

and make a completely different looking card! pb 2peek

Not a member yet?  Sistah!  We are waiting for you to join this passionate, vibrant community of paper crafters.

Along with hundreds of written and video tutorials to help you become a better paper crafter, you will find hundreds of kindred spirits over there.

Click here to learn more about StampNation!

• Kristie G. December 8, 2014, 6:32 pm

This is so pretty, Catherine! Love that tree using the Verdigris embossing powder and that background stenciling.

• Elaine J December 9, 2014, 10:44 am

Awesome! Right! Yes. SU still sells the ribbon.
    I love the tree in verdegris. The background is great, too.

• Jamie Vanskiver December 9, 2014, 6:09 pm

Love this card! It’s super pretty:)

• Stephanie Mackey December 9, 2014, 6:40 pm

Stampin’ Up! does still carry that ribbon! It’s one of my favorites.

• Lagene December 9, 2014, 9:17 pm

Gorgeous card, thanks for the video!

• Sharon Jones December 9, 2014, 11:27 pm

Wowza, Catherine! Your card is so very elegant looking! This one is a definite CASE!! Can’t wait to try it!
    Hugs!
    Sunshine Sharon

• debbie fiorillo January 28, 2015, 10:50 am

Just watched this video and I LOVE this card! Thanks, Catherine.

Christmas Embossing Gallery Techniques Videos

Stamp of Approval Project guide

Who’s looking for inspiration?

Winterhaven-Stamp-of-Approval-Joy-Wreath-Feature-Image

Pink Snowflake Joy and WINNERS!

SOA Winterhaven Joy Chalkboard 2

Blog Hop Day 3: Chalkboard Holiday Cards and Watercolored Wreath

SOA Winterhaven Joy wreath 2

Blog Hop Day 2: Tis the Season Wreath Card and Faux Metal Accents

SOA Winterhaven Tags 2

Winterhaven Stamp of Approval Collection Blog Hop Day 1: Good Stuff Tags

SOA Winterhaven carolers 2

Winterhaven Stamp of Approval Preview Day 2: Here We Come A-Caroling

SOA Winterhaven Watercolor Poinsettia

Winterhaven Stamp of Approval Preview Day 1: Tis the Season and Here We Come A Caroling Stamp Sets

View More: http://em-grey.pass.us/catherine-pooler-august-2016-em-grey-photography-raleigh-nc

Card Making Goodness is out of control! (in a very, very good way)

wcmd2017_blogfb (1)

World Card Making Day Sponsors

WCMDcollage

Our World Card Making Day Weekend begins on Friday!

Multi-Step Stamping and Angled Card Front 4

Multi-Step Stamping, Tone on Tone Stenciling and Angled Card Fronts

SOA-CPBlogPost

Clean & Graphic Leaf Motifs with Maureen

Congrats with Arjita Singh

Creating a Winter Sunset Scene

Creating a Winter Sunset Scene Tutorial at StampNation

Hello Clean and Simple

Fun and Fabulous Items Coming to the Shop!

Soft Stenciling with Heather