Colored Embossing Paste/Verdigris Christmas Tree Card

Colored Embossing Paste/Verdigris Christmas Tree Card In the photo above you can really see how amazing, yet subtle, the Gold Embossing Paste is!  It didn't come that way out of the jar, it started as Pearlescent Embossing Paste.

In today's video, I will show you how I used a Gold Delicata Ink pad to give this Embossing Paste a perfect metallic look AND how to not make a giant mess in the process!   Win, win!

I used to use TONS of colored cardstock…I'm talking on every card!  For a good 6 months or so I've barely used any. Instead, I color my White Cardstock with my ink pads…either direct to paper or by sponging color on.

I really love that you can get perfectly matched cardstock to your inks every single time. On this card by using the Gold Delicata Ink Pad, I was able to perfectly match the Embossing Paste and the gold layer.  Awesome, right? Colored Embossing Paste/Verdigris Christmas Tree Card Up next…StampNation Members will get a tutorial showing how to take this exact layout and use:

• different colors
  • different stamps
  • different techniques (including using negative space!)

and make a completely different looking card! pb 2peek

Not a member yet?  Sistah!  We are waiting for you to join this passionate, vibrant community of paper crafters.

Along with hundreds of written and video tutorials to help you become a better paper crafter, you will find hundreds of kindred spirits over there.

Click here to learn more about StampNation!

• Kristie G. December 8, 2014, 6:32 pm

This is so pretty, Catherine! Love that tree using the Verdigris embossing powder and that background stenciling.

• Elaine J December 9, 2014, 10:44 am

Awesome! Right! Yes. SU still sells the ribbon.
    I love the tree in verdegris. The background is great, too.

• Jamie Vanskiver December 9, 2014, 6:09 pm

Love this card! It’s super pretty:)

• Stephanie Mackey December 9, 2014, 6:40 pm

Stampin’ Up! does still carry that ribbon! It’s one of my favorites.

• Lagene December 9, 2014, 9:17 pm

Gorgeous card, thanks for the video!

• Sharon Jones December 9, 2014, 11:27 pm

Wowza, Catherine! Your card is so very elegant looking! This one is a definite CASE!! Can’t wait to try it!
    Hugs!
    Sunshine Sharon

• debbie fiorillo January 28, 2015, 10:50 am

Just watched this video and I LOVE this card! Thanks, Catherine.

Christmas Embossing Gallery Techniques Videos

Interesting Image

Chrissie Tobas Post

Faithful Flutterings with Chrissie

Available-Now_Square

Blog Hop Winners

Twisted Sunburst and Happiness Enclosed

Sunny with a Side of Sparkle Blog Hop Day 3: Stencils with Embossing Glitter

Starlights and Twisted Sunburst

Sunny with a Side of Sparkle Blog Hop Day 2: Stamping with Stencils

Starlights and Twisted Sunburst 3

Sunny with a Side of Sparkle Blog Hop Day 1

Available-June_Square

Sunny with a Side of Sparkle – full product reveal!

Stamping and Negative Die Cuts

Stamping and Negative Die Cuts – video tutorial

B8A18C9B-092A-4217-98F9-9FB7385F984B

You are Wonderful with Ashlea

DSC00425

Rainbow Note of Thanks with Lydia

mel-wonderful

Simply Wonderful with Melissa – stamping inside the BFF Background

CP Wild and Wonderful Tracie Pond (10 of 12)

Thank You For All You Do with Tracie Pond

7FE9EAEFD4C246149BD186C86183F7C7

Crush on Grape Crush with Susan

Congrats for ardyth 2

Ink Blended and Glittered Congratulations Card for Ardyth

Wonderful Wildflowers in pink and green

Catherine Pooler Designs