Colored Embossing Paste/Verdigris Christmas Tree Card

Colored Embossing Paste/Verdigris Christmas Tree Card In the photo above you can really see how amazing, yet subtle, the Gold Embossing Paste is!  It didn’t come that way out of the jar, it started as Pearlescent Embossing Paste.

In today’s video, I will show you how I used a Gold Delicata Ink pad to give this Embossing Paste a perfect metallic look AND how to not make a giant mess in the process!   Win, win!

I used to use TONS of colored cardstock…I’m talking on every card!  For a good 6 months or so I’ve barely used any. Instead, I color my White Cardstock with my ink pads…either direct to paper or by sponging color on.

I really love that you can get perfectly matched cardstock to your inks every single time. On this card by using the Gold Delicata Ink Pad, I was able to perfectly match the Embossing Paste and the gold layer.  Awesome, right? Colored Embossing Paste/Verdigris Christmas Tree Card Up next…StampNation Members will get a tutorial showing how to take this exact layout and use:

• different colors
  • different stamps
  • different techniques (including using negative space!)

and make a completely different looking card! pb 2peek

Not a member yet?  Sistah!  We are waiting for you to join this passionate, vibrant community of paper crafters.

Along with hundreds of written and video tutorials to help you become a better paper crafter, you will find hundreds of kindred spirits over there.

Click here to learn more about StampNation!

• Kristie G. December 8, 2014, 6:32 pm

This is so pretty, Catherine! Love that tree using the Verdigris embossing powder and that background stenciling.

• Elaine J December 9, 2014, 10:44 am

Awesome! Right! Yes. SU still sells the ribbon.
    I love the tree in verdegris. The background is great, too.

• Jamie Vanskiver December 9, 2014, 6:09 pm

Love this card! It’s super pretty:)

• Stephanie Mackey December 9, 2014, 6:40 pm

Stampin’ Up! does still carry that ribbon! It’s one of my favorites.

• Lagene December 9, 2014, 9:17 pm

Gorgeous card, thanks for the video!

• Sharon Jones December 9, 2014, 11:27 pm

Wowza, Catherine! Your card is so very elegant looking! This one is a definite CASE!! Can’t wait to try it!
    Hugs!
    Sunshine Sharon

• debbie fiorillo January 28, 2015, 10:50 am

Just watched this video and I LOVE this card! Thanks, Catherine.

Christmas Embossing Gallery Techniques Videos

RainbowButterflies

Butterfly Rainbow with the Rock and Roll Technique!

View More: http://em-grey.pass.us/catherine-pooler-october-2016-em-grey-photography-raleigh-nc

Best Practices for the Midnight Ink Pad

Alana and Petey

The “Petey” Experience

Spring Sale

More Creativation Favorites

Perfect Banners 7

CP’s Favorite Things from Creativation!

Creativation

Straight from Creativation

Embossing Paste and Stencils 2

Embossing Paste with Stencils with The Perfect Reason SOA

Second Generation Stamping with The Perfect Reason Collection YT

Second Generation (and ombre!) Stamping with The Perfect Reason

CASEing Allison and CP 3

Creating a Clean and Simple Card – CASEing with The Perfect Reason SOA!

This Week at StampNation…

Using Dies as Stencils Catherine Pooler

Using Dies as Stencils with The Perfect Reason SOA

Eva and Catherine Valentine's Day Card 2

The Cutest Video Hop Ever – Valentine’s Day Card by Eva

PerfectReason_Instagram_AvailableNow

The Perfect Reason SOA Winners!

31925642823_b0b86fde71_z

The Perfect Reason SOA is now available!

ProjectGuide