Colored Embossing Paste/Verdigris Christmas Tree Card

Colored Embossing Paste/Verdigris Christmas Tree Card In the photo above you can really see how amazing, yet subtle, the Gold Embossing Paste is!  It didn’t come that way out of the jar, it started as Pearlescent Embossing Paste.

In today’s video, I will show you how I used a Gold Delicata Ink pad to give this Embossing Paste a perfect metallic look AND how to not make a giant mess in the process!   Win, win!

I used to use TONS of colored cardstock…I’m talking on every card!  For a good 6 months or so I’ve barely used any. Instead, I color my White Cardstock with my ink pads…either direct to paper or by sponging color on.

I really love that you can get perfectly matched cardstock to your inks every single time. On this card by using the Gold Delicata Ink Pad, I was able to perfectly match the Embossing Paste and the gold layer.  Awesome, right? Colored Embossing Paste/Verdigris Christmas Tree Card Up next…StampNation Members will get a tutorial showing how to take this exact layout and use:

• different colors
  • different stamps
  • different techniques (including using negative space!)

and make a completely different looking card! pb 2peek

Not a member yet?  Sistah!  We are waiting for you to join this passionate, vibrant community of paper crafters.

Along with hundreds of written and video tutorials to help you become a better paper crafter, you will find hundreds of kindred spirits over there.

Click here to learn more about StampNation!

• Kristie G. December 8, 2014, 6:32 pm

This is so pretty, Catherine! Love that tree using the Verdigris embossing powder and that background stenciling.

• Elaine J December 9, 2014, 10:44 am

Awesome! Right! Yes. SU still sells the ribbon.
    I love the tree in verdegris. The background is great, too.

• Jamie Vanskiver December 9, 2014, 6:09 pm

Love this card! It’s super pretty:)

• Stephanie Mackey December 9, 2014, 6:40 pm

Stampin’ Up! does still carry that ribbon! It’s one of my favorites.

• Lagene December 9, 2014, 9:17 pm

Gorgeous card, thanks for the video!

• Sharon Jones December 9, 2014, 11:27 pm

Wowza, Catherine! Your card is so very elegant looking! This one is a definite CASE!! Can’t wait to try it!
    Hugs!
    Sunshine Sharon

• debbie fiorillo January 28, 2015, 10:50 am

Just watched this video and I LOVE this card! Thanks, Catherine.

Christmas Embossing Gallery Techniques Videos

CPBog

Simply Stamped with Maureen Merritt

Gelatos Backgrounds

Gelato Backgrounds and Stamping

DSC00500

Happy Anniversary card with Lydia Evans

summermasterclassseries_blogsized

Masterclasses coming to StampNation!

Screen Shot 2017-06-09 at 11.55.54 AM

We have WINNERS! Stamp of Approval

Naturally Inspired Stamp of Approval Emboss Resist

Naturally Inspired Stamp of Approval Blog Hop Day 3: Emboss Resist Card

Naturally Inspired Stamp of Approval 2

Naturally Inspired Stamp of Approval Blog Hop Day 2: Stamped and Die Cut Card

Masculine Card with Stamp of Approval 2

Naturally Inspired Stamp of Approval Blog Hop Day 1: Masculine Card

Birds of a Feather 2

Naturally Inspired Stamp of Approval – Birds of a Feather

The best is yet to come 2

Product Reveal Day #2: Naturally Inspired SOA

Laughter is the best medicine

Product Reveal Day #1: Naturally Inspired SOA

Simply the Best 2

Early Preview of Stamp of Approval

View More: http://em-grey.pass.us/catherine-pooler-august-2016-em-grey-photography-raleigh-nc

SOA Sneak Peeks and Facebook Live!

SOAGDcollage

Stamp of Approval Guest Design Team!

Happy-Birthday-Cake-Card-by-Taheerah-Atchia-001