Christmas Card with Embossing Paste and Stencils Video Tutorial

stenciled

Happy Thursday!  Today’s video is my third video (and SIXTH card!) using the Christmas Carols Stamp Set!  Michelle over at CAS-ual Fridays was so excited about this series that she decided to extend her 25% discount on this set through Saturday.  How cool is that?!

The fact that I have two cards for you today was actually an accident!  View the video and see what happened...click here if viewing in a feed to see the video.

View the first card I made with this supply set here.

I love the subtle, glittery texture the Stenciled Embossing Paste gives to the top of this card.  I could have left it plain, but was compelled to add glitter to really glam this card up!

The solid and dotted line stamp in this set may be easy to overlook, but using it as a border like this adds a great divider between the stenciling and the stamping.

I added the stenciling on the top of the card, using the rule of thirds, though I think I stenciled on a bit more than a third.

A few sequins and rhinestones polished off this card just right.

stenciled22

I hope you enjoyed today’s tutorial!

Screen Shot 2014-12-04 at 10.44.49 AM

If you haven’t found me on Instagram yet, here is the link!

Pssst!  I’m giving away TWO stamp sets and a set of dies over there right now!

Click any of the photos below for more details and ordering for these products:

• Marilyn Pool December 4, 2014, 7:15 pm

I love both cards, but I think I like the second one the best.

• Denise December 4, 2014, 7:30 pm

“PEACE ON EARTH” !!!!!

• Jean Bullock December 4, 2014, 10:49 pm

Very cool card. I like both of them. Very cool checkerboard effect. Love it.

• Alanna December 4, 2014, 11:27 pm

These are gorgeous Catherine. I can’t wait to watch the video.

• Lynne Ingram December 24, 2014, 8:26 pm

Love it! Embossing paste is such fun. Both cards are terrific, hard to choose just one.

• Sharron February 22, 2015, 7:53 pm

Hi Catherine. Love the techniques you used on this card. Also the paste as I have some.
    Never thought of using it with my stenciles. I like watching you as I get ideas this way.

Keep up your excellent work

• Nell McRae September 2, 2015, 1:57 pm

I prefer the card with the random stamping. Both are lovely!

• Chris September 2, 2015, 3:28 pm

How fast but more so is how fun. I like the them both, but that little blingy stuff on the 2nd one was my choice. I have been holding off on stenciling.. Intimidated somewhat… but you make me feel silly because it’s a piece of cake to stencil with the paste… Thanks Catherine… Loved this video.

• Lynn Mott September 2, 2015, 5:14 pm

I like them both but do prefer the one with them in the middle.

• Elizabeth September 2, 2015, 7:09 pm

I really like both cards Catherine they are beautiful! Hugs Liz x

• Gaye September 2, 2015, 9:02 pm

I like them both and I thoroughly enjoy all your videos…. You do such an excellent job!

• sue September 3, 2015, 9:12 am

Beautiful Card. I love the checkerboard effect. I like the second card.

• Cecile September 3, 2015, 10:25 pm

Loved both of the Christmas cards. I did prefer the 1st card more because there was more of the sparkle paste showing.

Christmas Embossing Gallery Projects Techniques Videos

winners

Winners for the Stamp of Approval Blog Hops!

Counting Blessings Fallen Leaves1

Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval Blog Hop Day 3: Stencil and Watercolored Backgrounds

Fallen Leaves 4

Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval Blog Hop Day 2: Fallen Leaves

Bloomin' Bouquet 1.1

Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval Blog Hop Day 1: Bloomin’ Bouquet

Counting Blessings Thankful

Counting Blessings – Grateful, Thankful, Blessed

Counting Blessings Until Further Notice

Counting Blessings – Stenciling with Multiple Colors

Counting Blessings Faux Bleaching

Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval – Faux Bleaching

CountingBlesings_BlogFBComingSoon

A Quick Card and a peek at the Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval Collection!

IngridCU-CP-FP-2b

The Perfect Pear with Ingrid Blackburn

Chrissie_Pineapple

Masked Mod Flower Stencil with Chrissie Tobas

ECShow_Instagram

Enchanted Cottage, here I come!

Floral Background KISS Cards_3

Floral Background: KISS Cards

citrushello

Summer Citrus with Melissa Miller

Mod Flower Watercolor Card 2

Using Stencils as Stamps – Brick Wall with Graffiti Style Sentiments

How to reink youtube

How to Reink your Ink Pads- sounds easy, but you’ll want these tips!

pineapplethanks