One Layer Masked Neon Snowflakes Card

Neon Pink Snowflakes Catherine Pooler

By the look of my blog lately, you might think I’m obsessed with snowflakes.  Should I put them away for a while and force myself to make Christmas Cards withOUT snowflakes for a while?

Today I wanted to mix things up and use Imagine Craft’s Neon Pigment Ink Pads.

I wasn’t sure about these inks – until I got them in my HOT little hands (pun intended!).  The colors are gorgeous and bright and so totally awesome. Ok…so here’s the video (click here to view if you are getting this in your email):

Let me know in the comments if you love non-traditional, traditional or anything goes!

Be sure to subscribe to my newsletter - on Wednesday, Week #8 comes out and I’ll have another Neon card for you along with a quick video tutorial.  It’s up to you whether you love it or not!  Here is a peek:

Catherine Pooler neon snowflakes

neon snowflakes Catherine Pooler

• Alison November 17, 2014, 5:37 pm

I think the neon snowflakes look fab!!! I like traditional cards, but I think that non-traditional Christmas cards have a certain creative wow. :)

• Sherry in MI November 17, 2014, 6:53 pm

Sorry, Catherine, but I’m with Anna. I prefer making Christmas cards with traditional colors. However, this year I am using craft colored cardstock for my card base for at least one of my sets of cards…..a first for me! I am enjoying all of your snowflake cards.

• Melissa Friedrich November 17, 2014, 7:16 pm

I am LOVING your non traditional Christmas cards, and love the variations on one theme, SNOWFLAKES! Thanks Catherine, I definitely need some neon!

• Pamela Hecht November 17, 2014, 9:28 pm

LOVE IT…….and the NEON COLORS ! Makes me feel like a little kid again (I’m 53)

• Karen Louder November 17, 2014, 11:01 pm

what a fun card love the colors, not the traditional but that is what makes it fun :-) Way to go Katherine.

• susan.w November 18, 2014, 6:47 am

Hi Catherine, I love non-traditional colours for Christmas…it may have something to do with Christmas here is in Summer and it is hot, hot, hot, no pun intended!!! I’m loving your hot summer snowflakes!

• Elaine Johnson (Elainej) November 18, 2014, 11:06 am

Anna, I understand how you feel. I am a traditional Christmas color type person as well. But, you might possibly agree that if you do go non-traditional, your mom rocks it!

• Debi November 19, 2014, 6:06 pm

I think it is fun to choose non-traditional colors. Saw the video for glittered snowflakes…..so pretty and easy. thanks for sharing.

Christmas Gallery KISS Cards Projects Techniques Videos

Stamp of Approval Project guide

Who’s looking for inspiration?

Winterhaven-Stamp-of-Approval-Joy-Wreath-Feature-Image

Pink Snowflake Joy and WINNERS!

SOA Winterhaven Joy Chalkboard 2

Blog Hop Day 3: Chalkboard Holiday Cards and Watercolored Wreath

SOA Winterhaven Joy wreath 2

Blog Hop Day 2: Tis the Season Wreath Card and Faux Metal Accents

SOA Winterhaven Tags 2

Winterhaven Stamp of Approval Collection Blog Hop Day 1: Good Stuff Tags

SOA Winterhaven carolers 2

Winterhaven Stamp of Approval Preview Day 2: Here We Come A-Caroling

SOA Winterhaven Watercolor Poinsettia

Winterhaven Stamp of Approval Preview Day 1: Tis the Season and Here We Come A Caroling Stamp Sets

View More: http://em-grey.pass.us/catherine-pooler-august-2016-em-grey-photography-raleigh-nc

Card Making Goodness is out of control! (in a very, very good way)

wcmd2017_blogfb (1)

World Card Making Day Sponsors

WCMDcollage

Our World Card Making Day Weekend begins on Friday!

Multi-Step Stamping and Angled Card Front 4

Multi-Step Stamping, Tone on Tone Stenciling and Angled Card Fronts

SOA-CPBlogPost

Clean & Graphic Leaf Motifs with Maureen

Congrats with Arjita Singh

Creating a Winter Sunset Scene

Creating a Winter Sunset Scene Tutorial at StampNation

Hello Clean and Simple

Fun and Fabulous Items Coming to the Shop!

Soft Stenciling with Heather