Ombre Pink Snowflake Trees background CAS-ual Fridays – video tutorial

CF pink snowflakes 2

I love snowflakes.

I love pink

I love glitter.

So it makes sense that I would love glittered pink snowflakes, right?

I started to glitter these pink snowflakes, but they didn’t end up that way on the final card. View the video to see the process:

I started out inking up the snowflake tree with the lightest pink ink, then moving to the medium shade and inking 2/3 of the stamp, then adding just a touch on the top with the darkest pink.  This gives a really fun pink ombre effect!

The Funky Round Tag base was sponged with Bubble Gum pink ink.  I used Sticky Strip on the sides of the card and added the fabulous Platinum Sparkle Embossing Powder by WOW and heated it.  Pretty cool how you can use adhesive to emboss like that, right?

Some sequins and a bit of silver ribbon and that’s it!  This card ended up being a bit busier than I started out wanting to do, but if you break it down, it’s actually really simple!

CF Pink Snowflakes

tagspeek

Here is a peek at another card I made with the Funky Tag Dies for one of the cards in our “A Very Trendy Holiday 2.0″ class.

When I showed this card to my Mother-in-law, she thought I cut out those little squares and glued them on the card.  I puffed up my chest and said, nope!  But I can show you how easy it was to make it!

That’s what you’ll get in this class…fabulous, fun, trendy cards that will make the recipient see you for the stamping goddess that you are!  The class is now in session and you’ll get lifetime access.  See you there!

TrendyHoliday2014Sidebar

• Barb S November 5, 2014, 11:54 pm

Love the card. Pink isn’t my thing, but I can see it in lime green…. Do like your use of the snowflake tree.. Thanks for more inspiration

• Laura Miller November 7, 2014, 10:47 am

Thanks for the reminder about sticky strip for adhering glitter and/or embossing powder. And I like pink snowflakes too!

• Joan Mattie November 7, 2014, 2:10 pm

What a gorgeous card, the bling really pops it up !

• Lagene November 8, 2014, 11:59 am

Beautiful cards! Thanks for the video! I didn’t realize you could heat the red line tape, awesome sparkly strips!

• Edna Burgess January 2, 2015, 6:40 pm

Couldn’t get the video to work. Pretty card though.

• Zulia Allen January 2, 2015, 10:47 pm

I really love this card. Was trying to figure out how the Christmas tree was used and was totally surprised and would not have thought to use it that way.

• Bibi January 3, 2015, 6:15 am

Your style has inspired me for years Catherine. Especially the pink snowflakes. Guess it’s because I have five granddaughters. A lot of pink around here, lol

Christmas Gallery Projects Techniques Videos

winners

Winners for the Stamp of Approval Blog Hops!

Counting Blessings Fallen Leaves1

Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval Blog Hop Day 3: Stencil and Watercolored Backgrounds

Fallen Leaves 4

Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval Blog Hop Day 2: Fallen Leaves

Bloomin' Bouquet 1.1

Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval Blog Hop Day 1: Bloomin’ Bouquet

Counting Blessings Thankful

Counting Blessings – Grateful, Thankful, Blessed

Counting Blessings Until Further Notice

Counting Blessings – Stenciling with Multiple Colors

Counting Blessings Faux Bleaching

Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval – Faux Bleaching

CountingBlesings_BlogFBComingSoon

A Quick Card and a peek at the Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval Collection!

IngridCU-CP-FP-2b

The Perfect Pear with Ingrid Blackburn

Chrissie_Pineapple

Masked Mod Flower Stencil with Chrissie Tobas

ECShow_Instagram

Enchanted Cottage, here I come!

Floral Background KISS Cards_3

Floral Background: KISS Cards

citrushello

Summer Citrus with Melissa Miller

Mod Flower Watercolor Card 2

Using Stencils as Stamps – Brick Wall with Graffiti Style Sentiments

How to reink youtube

How to Reink your Ink Pads- sounds easy, but you’ll want these tips!

pineapplethanks