Ombre Pink Snowflake Trees background CAS-ual Fridays – video tutorial

CF pink snowflakes 2

I love snowflakes.

I love pink

I love glitter.

So it makes sense that I would love glittered pink snowflakes, right?

I started to glitter these pink snowflakes, but they didn’t end up that way on the final card. View the video to see the process:

I started out inking up the snowflake tree with the lightest pink ink, then moving to the medium shade and inking 2/3 of the stamp, then adding just a touch on the top with the darkest pink.  This gives a really fun pink ombre effect!

The Funky Round Tag base was sponged with Bubble Gum pink ink.  I used Sticky Strip on the sides of the card and added the fabulous Platinum Sparkle Embossing Powder by WOW and heated it.  Pretty cool how you can use adhesive to emboss like that, right?

Some sequins and a bit of silver ribbon and that’s it!  This card ended up being a bit busier than I started out wanting to do, but if you break it down, it’s actually really simple!

CF Pink Snowflakes

tagspeek

Here is a peek at another card I made with the Funky Tag Dies for one of the cards in our “A Very Trendy Holiday 2.0″ class.

When I showed this card to my Mother-in-law, she thought I cut out those little squares and glued them on the card.  I puffed up my chest and said, nope!  But I can show you how easy it was to make it!

That’s what you’ll get in this class…fabulous, fun, trendy cards that will make the recipient see you for the stamping goddess that you are!  The class is now in session and you’ll get lifetime access.  See you there!

TrendyHoliday2014Sidebar

• Barb S November 5, 2014, 11:54 pm

Love the card. Pink isn’t my thing, but I can see it in lime green…. Do like your use of the snowflake tree.. Thanks for more inspiration

• Laura Miller November 7, 2014, 10:47 am

Thanks for the reminder about sticky strip for adhering glitter and/or embossing powder. And I like pink snowflakes too!

• Joan Mattie November 7, 2014, 2:10 pm

What a gorgeous card, the bling really pops it up !

• Lagene November 8, 2014, 11:59 am

Beautiful cards! Thanks for the video! I didn’t realize you could heat the red line tape, awesome sparkly strips!

• Edna Burgess January 2, 2015, 6:40 pm

Couldn’t get the video to work. Pretty card though.

• Zulia Allen January 2, 2015, 10:47 pm

I really love this card. Was trying to figure out how the Christmas tree was used and was totally surprised and would not have thought to use it that way.

• Bibi January 3, 2015, 6:15 am

Your style has inspired me for years Catherine. Especially the pink snowflakes. Guess it’s because I have five granddaughters. A lot of pink around here, lol

Christmas Gallery Projects Techniques Videos

Stamp of Approval Project guide

Who’s looking for inspiration?

Winterhaven-Stamp-of-Approval-Joy-Wreath-Feature-Image

Pink Snowflake Joy and WINNERS!

SOA Winterhaven Joy Chalkboard 2

Blog Hop Day 3: Chalkboard Holiday Cards and Watercolored Wreath

SOA Winterhaven Joy wreath 2

Blog Hop Day 2: Tis the Season Wreath Card and Faux Metal Accents

SOA Winterhaven Tags 2

Winterhaven Stamp of Approval Collection Blog Hop Day 1: Good Stuff Tags

SOA Winterhaven carolers 2

Winterhaven Stamp of Approval Preview Day 2: Here We Come A-Caroling

SOA Winterhaven Watercolor Poinsettia

Winterhaven Stamp of Approval Preview Day 1: Tis the Season and Here We Come A Caroling Stamp Sets

View More: http://em-grey.pass.us/catherine-pooler-august-2016-em-grey-photography-raleigh-nc

Card Making Goodness is out of control! (in a very, very good way)

wcmd2017_blogfb (1)

World Card Making Day Sponsors

WCMDcollage

Our World Card Making Day Weekend begins on Friday!

Multi-Step Stamping and Angled Card Front 4

Multi-Step Stamping, Tone on Tone Stenciling and Angled Card Fronts

SOA-CPBlogPost

Clean & Graphic Leaf Motifs with Maureen

Congrats with Arjita Singh

Creating a Winter Sunset Scene

Creating a Winter Sunset Scene Tutorial at StampNation

Hello Clean and Simple

Fun and Fabulous Items Coming to the Shop!

Soft Stenciling with Heather