Very Trendy Card – two ways! Video tutorial

trends inspired 2

With the release of our A Very Trendy Holiday 2.0 online class, I was inspired to incorporate some of the paper crafting trends that we focusted on in the class.  I used two sketches that can be found in the PDF download (A bonus for subscribing by October 30!).

I have two cards for you here…the first one started with a circle punch.  I embossed the stars, sponged it, then added it to my card with dimensionals.  A simple greeting and I was done!

trend inspired

I wanted to use the same exact supplies (other than the color of the embossing powder and houses) and try more techniques and fun.

View the video to see how I made this fun card.

CLICK HERE TO LEAVE YOUR COMMENT ON YOUTUBE!

trend inspired 2

For the past 6 months or so, I have been completely enamoured with my Distress Inks – so many fun rubber stamping techniques you can do with them!  Gradient sponging, masking, emboss resist and water droplets are just some of them.

The Home & Hearth dies by Ellen Hutson are absolutely darling – I love playing with them.  Hope you are enjoying my projects with them!

trends inspired 4

TrendyHoliday2014Sidebar

We’ve been talking about this class for a while now and we are STOKED to finally release it.

Access to this class is lifetime, it is self-paced and it will knock your socks off…how do I know?  The class attendees that have already been in there have told me so!  :)  Hope to see you there!

Click here to learn more and sign up now!

** StampNation Members – click here to grab your $10 off coupon code **

• Victoria Cattanach October 24, 2014, 5:14 pm

Love the cards, crisp and clean and very trendy. The trends used are Masking, Blending, Heat Embossing and water sprinkles. :+>

• Gail Larsen October 24, 2014, 7:48 pm

Lovely lovely gorgeous cards! I think the trend is flicking water on distress ink background.

Gail

• kathy serrahn October 24, 2014, 8:10 pm

Love both cards

• Boryana Emery October 25, 2014, 5:12 am

Dear Catherine, I really liked this card. It is very YOU in style – cute and homely. The color combo is classy. And, I think the big splotches of water on the distress inks look gorgeous! I never thought they’d look so unique and cosmic! I am going to try it. The little houses are absolutely adorable. Good job and thank you for the inspiration.

• Colleen F October 25, 2014, 11:12 am

Catherine, I think this is the “metallic” one…awesome, love both of your cards and I am going to try one right now for myself!! Thanks for the inspiration!

• Cathie Smith October 29, 2014, 2:45 pm

Really like the merry smoke out of the house idea. You always seem to think just outside the box for that perfect touch!

• Sue Rolfe October 29, 2014, 4:02 pm

I love your quick and easy videos. thanks for sharing.

Sue

• Meg Connell October 29, 2014, 8:50 pm

Ooooh, love those colours with silver! The trends you’re showing here are Metallics, Masking, Watercolouring and Using Die Cuts.
    I’m a StampNation newbie so am inspired to the max right now!
    It’s also a Christmas card we can use in Australia because generally the snowy ones don’t go down so well!

• Anne October 29, 2014, 9:16 pm

Catherine , I love the look of those cards .. And I think what you were going for was ,ambre’ ??? Yours in ink Anne

• Felicita October 30, 2014, 12:26 am

Catherine love the card.. your doing emboss resist and masking.

• Fran Wilson October 30, 2014, 12:09 pm

Masking, distress inks, mixed font sentiments. Thanks for the chance to win!

• Shirley October 30, 2014, 7:39 pm

what great inspiration! even better I have those dies and colors, so I can try my own :) I think the style is watercolor trend with the distress background blended and then water flicked, I will try using the Wow glitter without using an embossing buddy too and see how it goes!!

• Lagene November 8, 2014, 12:09 pm

Super cards! Great tutorial, Thanks!

• Carol Winburn November 8, 2014, 8:47 pm

I’m thinking ombre is the trend.

Christmas Embossing Gallery Techniques Videos

winners

Winners for the Stamp of Approval Blog Hops!

Counting Blessings Fallen Leaves1

Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval Blog Hop Day 3: Stencil and Watercolored Backgrounds

Fallen Leaves 4

Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval Blog Hop Day 2: Fallen Leaves

Bloomin' Bouquet 1.1

Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval Blog Hop Day 1: Bloomin’ Bouquet

Counting Blessings Thankful

Counting Blessings – Grateful, Thankful, Blessed

Counting Blessings Until Further Notice

Counting Blessings – Stenciling with Multiple Colors

Counting Blessings Faux Bleaching

Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval – Faux Bleaching

CountingBlesings_BlogFBComingSoon

A Quick Card and a peek at the Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval Collection!

IngridCU-CP-FP-2b

The Perfect Pear with Ingrid Blackburn

Chrissie_Pineapple

Masked Mod Flower Stencil with Chrissie Tobas

ECShow_Instagram

Enchanted Cottage, here I come!

Floral Background KISS Cards_3

Floral Background: KISS Cards

citrushello

Summer Citrus with Melissa Miller

Mod Flower Watercolor Card 2

Using Stencils as Stamps – Brick Wall with Graffiti Style Sentiments

How to reink youtube

How to Reink your Ink Pads- sounds easy, but you’ll want these tips!

pineapplethanks