One Layer Christmas KISS Card – video tutorial

KISS One Layer Christmas Card

Not only do I have a KISS Card for you today, but it’s a One Layer Card and it has a fun embossing technique, too!

I hope you enjoy the video tutorial – be sure to leave me a comment letting me know your holiday card plans this year!

I’m debating on whether to fess up or not…hmmm…watch the video first, then I’ll tell you.  (click here if viewing via email for the video)

Ok…I have a naughty little secret.

Last year I did not send Christmas Cards.

AAAAAGH!  I know!

Last fall was a really busy and stressful time for me, and by the time mid-December hit, I just threw up my hands and said “FORGET IT!”.

I didn’t have a good photo of all three girls together and for some reason the thought of signing all those cards, addressing them and all that goes inot getting them in the mail was just too much for me.

Will you all keep me accountable this year?  I WILL SEND HOLIDAY CARDS!  Pinky promise.  :)

KISS One Layer Christmas Card 2

Hope you enjoyed today’s Christmas card video tutorial – it’s quick and easy and has just enough pizzazz, right?

Before I say Adios…my GOODNESS!  I have the best online friends a girl could ever hope for.  You all rock my WORLD!  Thank you for stopping by and taking a moment to offer a word of encouragement on the story I told on THIS VIDEO, that was followed up by THIS POST.

I have read every comment, every email and every single one of them touched my soul.  THANK YOU for being here and being so awesome.  Sometimes, when I am filming videos, I struggle with my intros…I want to get them “right”.  I think most of the time I hit “RIGHT” by being ME.  and letting you all into my world.

I will remember the things you all told me in your comments, and I will carry them around in my heart and I read them time and time again.

xoxox- CP

• Allison Cope October 16, 2014, 3:58 pm

Brilliant and simple and beautiful! Love how quick and easy the cards are Catherine! Still can’t believe you didn’t send out holiday cards…. LOL! That’s almost too funny!

• Linda Grady October 16, 2014, 4:41 pm

Great 1-layer, K.I.S.S. card; good for an assembly line for holiday cards. For the past 4 years, I always made 5 Christmas cards each month on the 25th so I could be done early. It worked well until this year due to Mother’s illness/passing. I plan to make about 40, mostly different and they will be CAS and/or layered cards; just starting tho’.
    Loved your quick video!

• HJ October 16, 2014, 4:52 pm

I am so excited to have made about 40 cards so far. Some are simple and some are fancier. I think having one design would make it easier to decide to whom I’d send them, but that would be very boring to me, so I mix it up. I think 6 is the most I’ve ever made of the same design. Loved this video and how beautiful the card was, but so simple.

• Sharon F. October 16, 2014, 5:50 pm

You didn’t send cards??? That’s too funny! I have been designing what I want to do for my card, but haven’t actually made one yet. In the past I have made just a couple of different cards, but this year I may try to do many different ones. Between family, neighbors, friends and Bible study people I probably make around 50………..oh my!!! I had better get busy pretty quick!!! Loved your one layer card….so quick and easy and it looks FANTASIC!! Great job!:)

• Carole October 16, 2014, 6:26 pm

Great cards, haven’t started mine yet bought lots of new stamps so better get started x

• Tracey Loftus October 16, 2014, 7:27 pm

Those are so simple and pretty. Thanks for sharing. I normally make about 200 Christmas cards to give out and then many more to sell. I only make 4 of the same and then move on to another design. I start making cards usually in October but this year I started in September. We have a Halloween party at our house and I make about 40 invitations for that event too. I would love to make Thanksgiving cards but always run out of time. I wonder why? lol

• Patysue October 16, 2014, 7:49 pm

Cute, fun, quick & easy! Thanks for your inspiration.

I’ve been working on my cards since late August. Unfortunately, I’m bored easy and so each card is completely different. It would drive me crazy to make each one the same, taking the fun out of it. Keep inspiring us; we appreciate you!

• Frenchie October 16, 2014, 8:01 pm

Hi Catherine, I love you don’t blink card , lol!!!!
    Well last year I just send the once I had recived from , ooooo, not good ,
    But this year I’ll do better, I don’t know how I’m making them yet but I better get going !!!
    Tfs , love all your projectes,
    Hugs frenchie

• Melissa Friedrich October 16, 2014, 9:17 pm

Love this video Catherine, the most elegant and quickest Christmas card yet! I do as you do when making KISS cards, 4 at a time for mass production and vary the placement of sentiment or die cut. I’ve made 60 cards already for this year: I challenged myself to use up some old/retired colors of card stock AND a specific stamp (I’d bought and never used.) I also try some techniques to keep me interested: I’ve made some with wet/dry embossed combo, some with the trendy angle cut background, some with the subway sentiment look in the background, chalkboard effect etc. It’s been fun, and now I’ll add this super elegant CAS card to my next Christmas KISS card, thanks again!

• Maureen Chandler October 16, 2014, 10:00 pm

WOW! I love this card and especially that sparkle – what a cool idea! Thanks so very much!

• Sharon Salerno October 16, 2014, 11:11 pm

So simple and gorgeous! I plan to make 4 of each design. I did that last year and it was fun. I may have to do this one layer card for some of them. I will probably make a lot of more elaborate ones but will do some CAS cards in the mix.

• Kristen October 17, 2014, 11:15 am

Hi Catherine! You are sooo funny! I enjoy your videos very much!
    I have not started my xmas cards yet. I did do fall/thanksgiving cards though (I live in Canada – thanksgiving is in Oct). Usually my xmas cards are different because I try to use supplies I have on hand. This year I might try and do the same card. I tried a one-sheet wonder technique yesterday, so if they turn out well, I may do a Christmas version. Take care!

• Heather North October 17, 2014, 11:22 am

I’m more of a pile on the layers type of girl, but I am really liking this OLC, and plan to CASE it. I think the sparkle absolutely makes it something special. For Christmas I like having cards that don’t require extra postage, and this one fits the bill.

• Andrea Fisher October 17, 2014, 12:04 pm

What an encouragement that beautiful can be simple!! My Mum likes simple cards without a lot of stuff because she sends them overseas and it costs. I tend to do layers and live with the cost for a once a year contact with family. However, I now have several ideas popping up to suit both, thanks to this post!! I’m already behind!!

• Sharon October 17, 2014, 12:52 pm

What a great one layer Xmas card Catherine. Unfortunately this year I will not be sending any home made cards as I have dislocated my left shoulder sooo – – – .Usually I make and send 60 cards. I pick a theme for my Xmas cards and make them a little different using various colors to emboss each. I may vary the greeting to make it different. Thank you for showing a simple idea!

• metty October 17, 2014, 3:57 pm

Have finished mycards (even though there’s always room for one more new technique!) This year I’ve made 80-90 in 10 or 12 designs for the first time. Last year they were all gate fold but I wanted things a bit different this year.

• Cindy Pryor October 17, 2014, 5:29 pm

I have started making my Christmas cards this year. I make some with a rep from Stampin’ Up! and others I get ideas online from, like YOU! Thanks for being honest and being a real person to watch. I really enjoy your videos.

• Diane October 19, 2014, 3:24 pm

I have just started watching your videos in the last month and I am so thrilled I have found them. You make stamping and card making look sooo easy. Thanks for sharing.

• Magaly October 21, 2014, 10:47 pm

Great card, is simple and classy!

• robin chance October 29, 2014, 2:41 pm

EVERY SINCE I HAVE BEEN MAKING CARDS, ABOUT 4 YEARS, I HAVE MADE CHRISTMAS CARDS. I MAKE EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM A WORK OF ART. NOT BUT A FEW ALIKE IF I REALLY LIKE A CARD I MIGHT MAKE 3 OF THEM BUT ALL WITH DIFFERENT PAPERS OR EMBELLISHMENTS LOVE, LOVE MAKING CARDS. I ENJOY EVERY ONE OF YOUR VIDEOS AND GET MANY IDEAS FROM THEM. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR BEING A PART OF MY CARD MAKING WORLD.

• Therese October 30, 2014, 1:38 am

Great card Catherine, just right for posting overseas, thanks so much.
    Therese.

• Kelly Lewis October 30, 2014, 11:02 am

I do send out Christmas cards I will most likely send out something a bit different. I always send out a variety of cards. I have only been making cards since 2011 or 2012. I love it though And I love Stamp Nation,
    Kelly

Christmas Embossing Gallery KISS Cards Projects Videos

RainbowButterflies

Butterfly Rainbow with the Rock and Roll Technique!

View More: http://em-grey.pass.us/catherine-pooler-october-2016-em-grey-photography-raleigh-nc

Best Practices for the Midnight Ink Pad

Alana and Petey

The “Petey” Experience

Spring Sale

More Creativation Favorites

Perfect Banners 7

CP’s Favorite Things from Creativation!

Creativation

Straight from Creativation

Embossing Paste and Stencils 2

Embossing Paste with Stencils with The Perfect Reason SOA

Second Generation Stamping with The Perfect Reason Collection YT

Second Generation (and ombre!) Stamping with The Perfect Reason

CASEing Allison and CP 3

Creating a Clean and Simple Card – CASEing with The Perfect Reason SOA!

This Week at StampNation…

Using Dies as Stencils Catherine Pooler

Using Dies as Stencils with The Perfect Reason SOA

Eva and Catherine Valentine's Day Card 2

The Cutest Video Hop Ever – Valentine’s Day Card by Eva

PerfectReason_Instagram_AvailableNow

The Perfect Reason SOA Winners!

31925642823_b0b86fde71_z

The Perfect Reason SOA is now available!

ProjectGuide