Flower Patch – Simple Card to Make

Today’s video is a pretty Clean and Simple card with lots of fun stamping with the Flower Patch and Dotty Angles stamp sets from Stampin’ Up!  I really love these two stamp sets….

As I mentioned in the video, I was inspired by a card I saw Chupa do a while back…she stamped a big, fun flower over a border/background stamp and I thought it was SO COOL!

If anyone knows the card I’m talking about, leave a comment here.

UPDATE!  Leave it to Kristie!  StampNation Members, it was for the One Layer Card Challenge, click here to view it!

I’m using the very same supplies for my newsletter project – the next one goes out THIS Wednesday!

If you are not subscribed yet, CLICK HERE to do so and on Weds. you’ll see what I came up with!

You’ll also get my exclusive video series, “The Top 10 Things Every Stamper Needs to Know”.

See you on the other side!

Stampin’ Up! Supplies:

Flower Patch Stamp Set, Dotty Angles Stamp Set

Cardstock:  Whisper White

Ink:  Pumpkin Pie, Basic Grey, Melon Mambo

Accessories:  Rhinestones

• Deba Files August 11, 2014, 7:43 pm

Your card is beautiful! Especially like the color combination and how easy it looks to make. Thanks for sharing!

• Sharon Salerno August 11, 2014, 9:55 pm

Gorgeous card! I don’t have these stamp sets but they are on my wish list. I love every card I have seen stamped with this flower.

• Ms Jeanne A Johnson August 11, 2014, 11:10 pm

Love the card. I never use photo polymer stamps without seasoning them with Archival ink. it helps hold the ink. Got that tip from Tim Holtz….

• Kristie G. August 12, 2014, 8:26 am

Great card Catherine and I know exactly the card you were inspired by. Chupa made it for the one layer card challenge on SN. :) LOVE both yours and hers.

• Sherri August 12, 2014, 3:39 pm

Love this card! I do have both of these stamp sets. I used the Dotty Angles on a card on my blog recently. After stamping a few times, the image came out great!

• Sally Eidson August 12, 2014, 10:14 pm

Love this stamp, but I didn’t know SU’s clear stamps are Pink Clear now~

• Ellen S August 13, 2014, 8:23 am

I’ve found if you first load your stamp with Versamark, then ink, it holds.onto the ink better, and you get even coverage. This works really well with solid images especially. I also put a mouse pad under my paper when using photocopier stamps to get a sharper image.

• Carolyn Lovvorn September 3, 2014, 9:31 pm

Love to see you create your cards. Love your website.

• Elaine Brufatto September 4, 2014, 11:41 pm

Great card, love the colors. When stamping with photo polymer stamps I use the
    stampin up pierce mat. Gives you good ink coverage, especially with detailed or background stamps.

Floral Gallery Projects Videos

winners

Winners for the Stamp of Approval Blog Hops!

Counting Blessings Fallen Leaves1

Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval Blog Hop Day 3: Stencil and Watercolored Backgrounds

Fallen Leaves 4

Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval Blog Hop Day 2: Fallen Leaves

Bloomin' Bouquet 1.1

Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval Blog Hop Day 1: Bloomin’ Bouquet

Counting Blessings Thankful

Counting Blessings – Grateful, Thankful, Blessed

Counting Blessings Until Further Notice

Counting Blessings – Stenciling with Multiple Colors

Counting Blessings Faux Bleaching

Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval – Faux Bleaching

CountingBlesings_BlogFBComingSoon

A Quick Card and a peek at the Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval Collection!

IngridCU-CP-FP-2b

The Perfect Pear with Ingrid Blackburn

Chrissie_Pineapple

Masked Mod Flower Stencil with Chrissie Tobas

ECShow_Instagram

Enchanted Cottage, here I come!

Floral Background KISS Cards_3

Floral Background: KISS Cards

citrushello

Summer Citrus with Melissa Miller

Mod Flower Watercolor Card 2

Using Stencils as Stamps – Brick Wall with Graffiti Style Sentiments

How to reink youtube

How to Reink your Ink Pads- sounds easy, but you’ll want these tips!

pineapplethanks