A to your Q! Stampin’ Up! Inks vs. Distress Inks – Penny Black Dazzlers

Stampin' Up inks vs. Distress Inks

The moment you realize you can’t find the cards you made!  WHAT!?

yeah…. just happened to me.  I JUST cleaned out my stamp room – like THREE trash bags were shown their way out the door.

So where are they?  I haven’t a clue…so a screenshot from the video of these cards will have to do.  Forgive me?

Today’s video answers a burning question that many of you have been asking me.  So buckle up and come along for the ride as I experiment to find the A to your Q!

So what do you think?  Have you compared these ink pads?  Leave your comments below and tell me what differences YOU have found!

Cards for Him

Before I go…just a quick note that some bonus content has been added to the Cards For Him classroom!

Once you register, you get lifetime access to this exclusive class which will have you overflowing with masculine card ideas and inspiration.

Stampin’ Up supplies:

• Ink:  Bermuda Bay, Old Olive, Tempting Turquoise
  • Cardstock:  Whisper White, Basic Black
  • White Embossing Powder, Rhinestones

• Sandy K August 7, 2014, 5:17 pm

I could watch your videos all day! On this one; I have used both kinds of inks and do agree that the distress inks blend a lot better. The other video that I really enjoyed was the “KISS” card four ways using the polymer stamps. Oh my gosh way too cool! I can’t wait to try it! It didn’t look like you really measured the different cuts? Can you do more of these kind of cards? Thank you so much for your videos.

• Sandy K August 7, 2014, 5:24 pm

Back again. I love the look of the ink spritzed with water. I have tried to do it but it always comes out muddied. What am I doing wrong? I spritzed the same amount of water that you are showing and I do heat emboss and let that dry. Thanks.

• Sharon August 7, 2014, 6:17 pm

Both cards are beautiful and I prefer the one done with the Stamp’n up ink. I have not tried this technique but will try it soon. Thank you for the great ideas as always!

• Mary Ann August 7, 2014, 7:46 pm

What glue did you use? Thanks !

• Catherine Pooler August 8, 2014, 9:48 am

Sandy, I’m sorry you are getting a muddied background! A couple things could be happening. If you are choosing colors that when mixed together don’t come out nice, that could be a problem. Or, maybe you are misting too much and getting too much mixing of the colors? Or maybe you are dipping the cardstock into the ink too much and that is mixing the ink too much? Let me know if any of this helps!

• Barbara August 9, 2014, 7:05 pm

Cathrine I just wanted to let you know I love these cards.

• Julie Pike August 10, 2014, 11:09 am

I just wanted to say how much I enjoy your videos. I’ve learned so much from them! The bloopers at the end always put a smile on my face.

• Bev Karolak August 11, 2014, 2:51 am

Love all the cards, but I must admit the white embossing powder pops more than the clear! :)

• Joanb January 31, 2015, 1:51 pm

I really appreciate these comparison videos you do. I have learned a lot and have been surprised at the outcomes.

• Terri April 5, 2015, 10:46 am

Oh my gosh! I LOVED this demonstration! I am new to the stampin world, but with your videos I am getting some great ideas and instruction. I haven’t used the distressed inks as I wasn’t sure when to use them before. Seriously, I need a job where I am paid to watch your videos!! :)

Embossing Gallery Stampers' Q&A Techniques Videos

Blog Hop Prize

Party Collection: Spring Fling Release Blog Hop

MelonIce

Welcome Melon Ice! and a Father’s Day Card

Eli- Mint to Be

Ink Color #8 Clue and Welcome Mint to Be!

ItsABoy

Ink Color #7 Clue and Welcome It’s a Boy!

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter and a look at the Spring Fling products!

Pixie Dust 4

Ink Color #6 Clue and Welcome Pixie Dust!

It's a Girl2

Ink Color #5 Clue and Welcome It’s a Girl!

IAGTPhoto_1

Ink Color #4 Clue and Welcome Sweet Sixteen!

Garden Party 2

Ink Color #3 Clue and welcome Garden Party

GPartyTeasePhoto_2

Ink Color #2 clue and Welcome Bellini!

TeasePhoto_3

Ink Color Guessing Begins!

Sharing Collage 2

Tomorrow is a big day!

Sponged, Sprayed and Embossed

Sponged, Sprayed and Glitter Embossed

Glass Bead Glitter Gel and Brusho

Glass Bead Glitter Gel, Brusho and Stencils!

Double Points!

Celebrate the weekend with DOUBLE points!

We Moved!