A to your Q! Stampin’ Up! Inks vs. Distress Inks – Penny Black Dazzlers

Stampin' Up inks vs. Distress Inks

The moment you realize you can’t find the cards you made!  WHAT!?

yeah…. just happened to me.  I JUST cleaned out my stamp room – like THREE trash bags were shown their way out the door.

So where are they?  I haven’t a clue…so a screenshot from the video of these cards will have to do.  Forgive me?

Today’s video answers a burning question that many of you have been asking me.  So buckle up and come along for the ride as I experiment to find the A to your Q!

So what do you think?  Have you compared these ink pads?  Leave your comments below and tell me what differences YOU have found!

Cards for Him

Before I go…just a quick note that some bonus content has been added to the Cards For Him classroom!

Once you register, you get lifetime access to this exclusive class which will have you overflowing with masculine card ideas and inspiration.

Stampin’ Up supplies:

• Ink:  Bermuda Bay, Old Olive, Tempting Turquoise
  • Cardstock:  Whisper White, Basic Black
  • White Embossing Powder, Rhinestones

• Sandy K August 7, 2014, 5:17 pm

I could watch your videos all day! On this one; I have used both kinds of inks and do agree that the distress inks blend a lot better. The other video that I really enjoyed was the “KISS” card four ways using the polymer stamps. Oh my gosh way too cool! I can’t wait to try it! It didn’t look like you really measured the different cuts? Can you do more of these kind of cards? Thank you so much for your videos.

• Sandy K August 7, 2014, 5:24 pm

Back again. I love the look of the ink spritzed with water. I have tried to do it but it always comes out muddied. What am I doing wrong? I spritzed the same amount of water that you are showing and I do heat emboss and let that dry. Thanks.

• Sharon August 7, 2014, 6:17 pm

Both cards are beautiful and I prefer the one done with the Stamp’n up ink. I have not tried this technique but will try it soon. Thank you for the great ideas as always!

• Mary Ann August 7, 2014, 7:46 pm

What glue did you use? Thanks !

• Catherine Pooler August 8, 2014, 9:48 am

Sandy, I’m sorry you are getting a muddied background! A couple things could be happening. If you are choosing colors that when mixed together don’t come out nice, that could be a problem. Or, maybe you are misting too much and getting too much mixing of the colors? Or maybe you are dipping the cardstock into the ink too much and that is mixing the ink too much? Let me know if any of this helps!

• Barbara August 9, 2014, 7:05 pm

Cathrine I just wanted to let you know I love these cards.

• Julie Pike August 10, 2014, 11:09 am

I just wanted to say how much I enjoy your videos. I’ve learned so much from them! The bloopers at the end always put a smile on my face.

• Bev Karolak August 11, 2014, 2:51 am

Love all the cards, but I must admit the white embossing powder pops more than the clear! :)

• Joanb January 31, 2015, 1:51 pm

I really appreciate these comparison videos you do. I have learned a lot and have been surprised at the outcomes.

• Terri April 5, 2015, 10:46 am

Oh my gosh! I LOVED this demonstration! I am new to the stampin world, but with your videos I am getting some great ideas and instruction. I haven’t used the distressed inks as I wasn’t sure when to use them before. Seriously, I need a job where I am paid to watch your videos!! :)

Embossing Gallery Stampers' Q&A Techniques Videos

winners

Winners for the Stamp of Approval Blog Hops!

Counting Blessings Fallen Leaves1

Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval Blog Hop Day 3: Stencil and Watercolored Backgrounds

Fallen Leaves 4

Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval Blog Hop Day 2: Fallen Leaves

Bloomin' Bouquet 1.1

Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval Blog Hop Day 1: Bloomin’ Bouquet

Counting Blessings Thankful

Counting Blessings – Grateful, Thankful, Blessed

Counting Blessings Until Further Notice

Counting Blessings – Stenciling with Multiple Colors

Counting Blessings Faux Bleaching

Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval – Faux Bleaching

CountingBlesings_BlogFBComingSoon

A Quick Card and a peek at the Counting Blessings Stamp of Approval Collection!

IngridCU-CP-FP-2b

The Perfect Pear with Ingrid Blackburn

Chrissie_Pineapple

Masked Mod Flower Stencil with Chrissie Tobas

ECShow_Instagram

Enchanted Cottage, here I come!

Floral Background KISS Cards_3

Floral Background: KISS Cards

citrushello

Summer Citrus with Melissa Miller

Mod Flower Watercolor Card 2

Using Stencils as Stamps – Brick Wall with Graffiti Style Sentiments

How to reink youtube

How to Reink your Ink Pads- sounds easy, but you’ll want these tips!

pineapplethanks