A to your Q! Stampin’ Up! Inks vs. Distress Inks – Penny Black Dazzlers

Stampin' Up inks vs. Distress Inks

The moment you realize you can’t find the cards you made!  WHAT!?

yeah…. just happened to me.  I JUST cleaned out my stamp room – like THREE trash bags were shown their way out the door.

So where are they?  I haven’t a clue…so a screenshot from the video of these cards will have to do.  Forgive me?

Today’s video answers a burning question that many of you have been asking me.  So buckle up and come along for the ride as I experiment to find the A to your Q!

So what do you think?  Have you compared these ink pads?  Leave your comments below and tell me what differences YOU have found!

Cards for Him

Before I go…just a quick note that some bonus content has been added to the Cards For Him classroom!

Once you register, you get lifetime access to this exclusive class which will have you overflowing with masculine card ideas and inspiration.

Stampin’ Up supplies:

• Ink:  Bermuda Bay, Old Olive, Tempting Turquoise
  • Cardstock:  Whisper White, Basic Black
  • White Embossing Powder, Rhinestones

• Sandy K August 7, 2014, 5:17 pm

I could watch your videos all day! On this one; I have used both kinds of inks and do agree that the distress inks blend a lot better. The other video that I really enjoyed was the “KISS” card four ways using the polymer stamps. Oh my gosh way too cool! I can’t wait to try it! It didn’t look like you really measured the different cuts? Can you do more of these kind of cards? Thank you so much for your videos.

• Sandy K August 7, 2014, 5:24 pm

Back again. I love the look of the ink spritzed with water. I have tried to do it but it always comes out muddied. What am I doing wrong? I spritzed the same amount of water that you are showing and I do heat emboss and let that dry. Thanks.

• Sharon August 7, 2014, 6:17 pm

Both cards are beautiful and I prefer the one done with the Stamp’n up ink. I have not tried this technique but will try it soon. Thank you for the great ideas as always!

• Mary Ann August 7, 2014, 7:46 pm

What glue did you use? Thanks !

• Catherine Pooler August 8, 2014, 9:48 am

Sandy, I’m sorry you are getting a muddied background! A couple things could be happening. If you are choosing colors that when mixed together don’t come out nice, that could be a problem. Or, maybe you are misting too much and getting too much mixing of the colors? Or maybe you are dipping the cardstock into the ink too much and that is mixing the ink too much? Let me know if any of this helps!

• Barbara August 9, 2014, 7:05 pm

Cathrine I just wanted to let you know I love these cards.

• Julie Pike August 10, 2014, 11:09 am

I just wanted to say how much I enjoy your videos. I’ve learned so much from them! The bloopers at the end always put a smile on my face.

• Bev Karolak August 11, 2014, 2:51 am

Love all the cards, but I must admit the white embossing powder pops more than the clear! :)

• Joanb January 31, 2015, 1:51 pm

I really appreciate these comparison videos you do. I have learned a lot and have been surprised at the outcomes.

• Terri April 5, 2015, 10:46 am

Oh my gosh! I LOVED this demonstration! I am new to the stampin world, but with your videos I am getting some great ideas and instruction. I haven’t used the distressed inks as I wasn’t sure when to use them before. Seriously, I need a job where I am paid to watch your videos!! :)

Embossing Gallery Stampers' Q&A Techniques Videos

Stamp of Approval Project guide

Who’s looking for inspiration?

Winterhaven-Stamp-of-Approval-Joy-Wreath-Feature-Image

Pink Snowflake Joy and WINNERS!

SOA Winterhaven Joy Chalkboard 2

Blog Hop Day 3: Chalkboard Holiday Cards and Watercolored Wreath

SOA Winterhaven Joy wreath 2

Blog Hop Day 2: Tis the Season Wreath Card and Faux Metal Accents

SOA Winterhaven Tags 2

Winterhaven Stamp of Approval Collection Blog Hop Day 1: Good Stuff Tags

SOA Winterhaven carolers 2

Winterhaven Stamp of Approval Preview Day 2: Here We Come A-Caroling

SOA Winterhaven Watercolor Poinsettia

Winterhaven Stamp of Approval Preview Day 1: Tis the Season and Here We Come A Caroling Stamp Sets

View More: http://em-grey.pass.us/catherine-pooler-august-2016-em-grey-photography-raleigh-nc

Card Making Goodness is out of control! (in a very, very good way)

wcmd2017_blogfb (1)

World Card Making Day Sponsors

WCMDcollage

Our World Card Making Day Weekend begins on Friday!

Multi-Step Stamping and Angled Card Front 4

Multi-Step Stamping, Tone on Tone Stenciling and Angled Card Fronts

SOA-CPBlogPost

Clean & Graphic Leaf Motifs with Maureen

Congrats with Arjita Singh

Creating a Winter Sunset Scene

Creating a Winter Sunset Scene Tutorial at StampNation

Hello Clean and Simple

Fun and Fabulous Items Coming to the Shop!

Soft Stenciling with Heather