A to your Q! Stampin’ Up! Inks vs. Distress Inks – Penny Black Dazzlers

Stampin' Up inks vs. Distress Inks

The moment you realize you can’t find the cards you made!  WHAT!?

yeah…. just happened to me.  I JUST cleaned out my stamp room – like THREE trash bags were shown their way out the door.

So where are they?  I haven’t a clue…so a screenshot from the video of these cards will have to do.  Forgive me?

Today’s video answers a burning question that many of you have been asking me.  So buckle up and come along for the ride as I experiment to find the A to your Q!

So what do you think?  Have you compared these ink pads?  Leave your comments below and tell me what differences YOU have found!

Cards for Him

Before I go…just a quick note that some bonus content has been added to the Cards For Him classroom!

Once you register, you get lifetime access to this exclusive class which will have you overflowing with masculine card ideas and inspiration.

Stampin’ Up supplies:

• Ink:  Bermuda Bay, Old Olive, Tempting Turquoise
  • Cardstock:  Whisper White, Basic Black
  • White Embossing Powder, Rhinestones

• Sandy K August 7, 2014, 5:17 pm

I could watch your videos all day! On this one; I have used both kinds of inks and do agree that the distress inks blend a lot better. The other video that I really enjoyed was the “KISS” card four ways using the polymer stamps. Oh my gosh way too cool! I can’t wait to try it! It didn’t look like you really measured the different cuts? Can you do more of these kind of cards? Thank you so much for your videos.

• Sandy K August 7, 2014, 5:24 pm

Back again. I love the look of the ink spritzed with water. I have tried to do it but it always comes out muddied. What am I doing wrong? I spritzed the same amount of water that you are showing and I do heat emboss and let that dry. Thanks.

• Sharon August 7, 2014, 6:17 pm

Both cards are beautiful and I prefer the one done with the Stamp’n up ink. I have not tried this technique but will try it soon. Thank you for the great ideas as always!

• Mary Ann August 7, 2014, 7:46 pm

What glue did you use? Thanks !

• Catherine Pooler August 8, 2014, 9:48 am

Sandy, I’m sorry you are getting a muddied background! A couple things could be happening. If you are choosing colors that when mixed together don’t come out nice, that could be a problem. Or, maybe you are misting too much and getting too much mixing of the colors? Or maybe you are dipping the cardstock into the ink too much and that is mixing the ink too much? Let me know if any of this helps!

• Barbara August 9, 2014, 7:05 pm

Cathrine I just wanted to let you know I love these cards.

• Julie Pike August 10, 2014, 11:09 am

I just wanted to say how much I enjoy your videos. I’ve learned so much from them! The bloopers at the end always put a smile on my face.

• Bev Karolak August 11, 2014, 2:51 am

Love all the cards, but I must admit the white embossing powder pops more than the clear! :)

• Joanb January 31, 2015, 1:51 pm

I really appreciate these comparison videos you do. I have learned a lot and have been surprised at the outcomes.

• Terri April 5, 2015, 10:46 am

Oh my gosh! I LOVED this demonstration! I am new to the stampin world, but with your videos I am getting some great ideas and instruction. I haven’t used the distressed inks as I wasn’t sure when to use them before. Seriously, I need a job where I am paid to watch your videos!! :)

Embossing Gallery Stampers' Q&A Techniques Videos

RainbowButterflies

Butterfly Rainbow with the Rock and Roll Technique!

View More: http://em-grey.pass.us/catherine-pooler-october-2016-em-grey-photography-raleigh-nc

Best Practices for the Midnight Ink Pad

Alana and Petey

The “Petey” Experience

Spring Sale

More Creativation Favorites

Perfect Banners 7

CP’s Favorite Things from Creativation!

Creativation

Straight from Creativation

Embossing Paste and Stencils 2

Embossing Paste with Stencils with The Perfect Reason SOA

Second Generation Stamping with The Perfect Reason Collection YT

Second Generation (and ombre!) Stamping with The Perfect Reason

CASEing Allison and CP 3

Creating a Clean and Simple Card – CASEing with The Perfect Reason SOA!

This Week at StampNation…

Using Dies as Stencils Catherine Pooler

Using Dies as Stencils with The Perfect Reason SOA

Eva and Catherine Valentine's Day Card 2

The Cutest Video Hop Ever – Valentine’s Day Card by Eva

PerfectReason_Instagram_AvailableNow

The Perfect Reason SOA Winners!

31925642823_b0b86fde71_z

The Perfect Reason SOA is now available!

ProjectGuide