Embossed and Watercolored Background Birthday Card Video Tutorial

spice background 2.2

Sometimes you just can’t stop stamping when you are working with a bunch of fun supplies right?

After I made my Batik KISS Cards the other day, I wasn’t 100% happy with how they came out.  I was floored when I read so many comments (THANK YOU!) saying you all liked them!  wow!

So, I kept stamping to see what else I could come up with.  This time I used water, Distress Ink and an Aquapainter to get a more controlled look.  View the video to see how I did it:

What do you think?  The batik look or the watercolored look?  Which do you like better?

spice background 2

Do you think I put this background stamp away after this?  NOPE!  I’ve got at least one more card in me…and the idea for this one came to me when I was laying in Eva’s bed.  I’ll share on Monday!

Stampin’ Up Supplies:

• Cardstock:  Black, White, Vellum

• Sandra Johston August 1, 2014, 2:09 pm

I like the earlier KISS cards, but I absolutely love the watercolored one. I love the way the white embossed design comes through the watercolored background. I also love the combination of colors you used. The silver hearts were the perfect final touch. By the way, I just purchased your Kindle book on Amazon. What a great book of the basics! I have it on my IPAD using the Kindle app. That makes it very convenient to reference when crafting. Congratulations on your new book!

• Debbie Bonczek August 1, 2014, 10:40 pm

Wow . . . similar to the Kiss cards, but definitely more controlled. I like them both, but I will say I really am loving that white embossing powder, as it really pops.

• Marta Grisolia August 5, 2014, 6:06 am

Beautiful, fabulous!!!
    I have this Stamp.

• Bobbie Bluegill October 15, 2014, 3:42 pm

I love the “controlled” watercolor. It has a soft, “uncontrolled”, warm fuzzy feel. Love your videos and tutorials.

• Pam October 15, 2014, 5:38 pm

I preferred the more defined version, or your second card, the best

• Cathy October 15, 2014, 6:44 pm

Hi, I liked them all, good job. Thanks for the inspiration.

• Carol Lynn October 16, 2014, 8:56 pm

Loved this tutorial and card! So elegant but looks like fun to create. I’m off to try this technique.

Birthday Card Making Embossing Gallery Projects Techniques Videos

DSC00134

The Galaxy Technique with the Spa Collection with Lydia

Laurel CASE 2

Paradise Found Release Blog Hop Day #3

Best in Spa Colors 2

Paradise Found Release Blog Hop Day #2

Winter Woodland 2

Paradise Found Release Blog Hop Day #1

View More: http://em-grey.pass.us/cp-october-2017-product-images-em-grey-photography-raleigh-nc

Spa Collection Ink Release details and Winners!

day5

Two More Colors!!

View More: http://em-grey.pass.us/cp-october-2017-1-100

Spa Collection: Fourth Ink Color Reveal!

Screen Shot 2017-11-06 at 7.11.07 PM

Introducing Our New Ink Line!

View More: http://em-grey.pass.us/cp-october-2017-1-100

Surrounding Yourself With…

finding inspiration

Finding Inspiration

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place….

2017101801

Best Wishes Hand Made Card with Ardyth

SelfCareWeekend_FB-Blog

CP’s Self-Care Weekend and a CHALLENGE!

Thank You Hand Made Card with Stenciling