Embossed and Watercolored Background Birthday Card Video Tutorial

spice background 2.2

Sometimes you just can’t stop stamping when you are working with a bunch of fun supplies right?

After I made my Batik KISS Cards the other day, I wasn’t 100% happy with how they came out.  I was floored when I read so many comments (THANK YOU!) saying you all liked them!  wow!

So, I kept stamping to see what else I could come up with.  This time I used water, Distress Ink and an Aquapainter to get a more controlled look.  View the video to see how I did it:

What do you think?  The batik look or the watercolored look?  Which do you like better?

spice background 2

Do you think I put this background stamp away after this?  NOPE!  I’ve got at least one more card in me…and the idea for this one came to me when I was laying in Eva’s bed.  I’ll share on Monday!

Stampin’ Up Supplies:

• Cardstock:  Black, White, Vellum

• Sandra Johston August 1, 2014, 2:09 pm

I like the earlier KISS cards, but I absolutely love the watercolored one. I love the way the white embossed design comes through the watercolored background. I also love the combination of colors you used. The silver hearts were the perfect final touch. By the way, I just purchased your Kindle book on Amazon. What a great book of the basics! I have it on my IPAD using the Kindle app. That makes it very convenient to reference when crafting. Congratulations on your new book!

• Debbie Bonczek August 1, 2014, 10:40 pm

Wow . . . similar to the Kiss cards, but definitely more controlled. I like them both, but I will say I really am loving that white embossing powder, as it really pops.

• Marta Grisolia August 5, 2014, 6:06 am

Beautiful, fabulous!!!
    I have this Stamp.

• Bobbie Bluegill October 15, 2014, 3:42 pm

I love the “controlled” watercolor. It has a soft, “uncontrolled”, warm fuzzy feel. Love your videos and tutorials.

• Pam October 15, 2014, 5:38 pm

I preferred the more defined version, or your second card, the best

• Cathy October 15, 2014, 6:44 pm

Hi, I liked them all, good job. Thanks for the inspiration.

• Carol Lynn October 16, 2014, 8:56 pm

Loved this tutorial and card! So elegant but looks like fun to create. I’m off to try this technique.

Birthday Card Making Embossing Gallery Projects Techniques Videos

Happy-Birthday-Cake-Card-by-Taheerah-Atchia-001

Sweet Birthday with Taheerah Atchia

Screen Shot 2017-05-28 at 6.46.40 PM

Behind-the-scenes: may include tears

Beautiful-You-Ingrid-Blackburn

Prominent Sentiments with Ingrid Blackburn

Shaped Card detail wm

Circle Shaped Card with Chrissie Tobas

SOA WInners

Stamp of Approval Winners!

Happy Birthday Watercolor and Embossed Card 2