Embossed and Watercolored Background Birthday Card Video Tutorial

spice background 2.2

Sometimes you just can’t stop stamping when you are working with a bunch of fun supplies right?

After I made my Batik KISS Cards the other day, I wasn’t 100% happy with how they came out.  I was floored when I read so many comments (THANK YOU!) saying you all liked them!  wow!

So, I kept stamping to see what else I could come up with.  This time I used water, Distress Ink and an Aquapainter to get a more controlled look.  View the video to see how I did it:

What do you think?  The batik look or the watercolored look?  Which do you like better?

spice background 2

Do you think I put this background stamp away after this?  NOPE!  I’ve got at least one more card in me…and the idea for this one came to me when I was laying in Eva’s bed.  I’ll share on Monday!

Stampin’ Up Supplies:

• Cardstock:  Black, White, Vellum

• Sandra Johston August 1, 2014, 2:09 pm

I like the earlier KISS cards, but I absolutely love the watercolored one. I love the way the white embossed design comes through the watercolored background. I also love the combination of colors you used. The silver hearts were the perfect final touch. By the way, I just purchased your Kindle book on Amazon. What a great book of the basics! I have it on my IPAD using the Kindle app. That makes it very convenient to reference when crafting. Congratulations on your new book!

• Debbie Bonczek August 1, 2014, 10:40 pm

Wow . . . similar to the Kiss cards, but definitely more controlled. I like them both, but I will say I really am loving that white embossing powder, as it really pops.

• Marta Grisolia August 5, 2014, 6:06 am

Beautiful, fabulous!!!
    I have this Stamp.

• Bobbie Bluegill October 15, 2014, 3:42 pm

I love the “controlled” watercolor. It has a soft, “uncontrolled”, warm fuzzy feel. Love your videos and tutorials.

• Pam October 15, 2014, 5:38 pm

I preferred the more defined version, or your second card, the best

• Cathy October 15, 2014, 6:44 pm

Hi, I liked them all, good job. Thanks for the inspiration.

• Carol Lynn October 16, 2014, 8:56 pm

Loved this tutorial and card! So elegant but looks like fun to create. I’m off to try this technique.

Birthday Card Making Embossing Gallery Projects Techniques Videos

Interesting Image

cuppa tea hooray

Celebrate Friends Stamp of Approval Blog Hop Day #1

Punctuated Party

Celebrate Friends Stamp of Approval: Punctuated Party Stamp Set and Word Dies!

I Eat Cake5

Celebrate Friends with Coffee, Tea and CUPCAKES!

DSC_0103_Edited

Stamp of Approval Theme Announcement and ways to WIN!

Die Cut and Sponged Flowers

Die Cut and Sponged Flowers – Video Tutorial

Choosing Colors Beyond Monochromatic

Choosing Colors Beyond Monochromatic- Video Tutorial

Choosing Colors - MultiStep Stamping with Faithful FlutteringsYouTube

Choosing Colors – MultiStep Stamping with Faithful Flutterings

Doodle Garden 3 Ways 4

Doodle Garden Background Stamp 3 Ways – Embossed, Ink Blending and Watercolors Video Tutorial

Eat Sleep Create members backgrounds