Embossed and Watercolored Background Birthday Card Video Tutorial

spice background 2.2

Sometimes you just can’t stop stamping when you are working with a bunch of fun supplies right?

After I made my Batik KISS Cards the other day, I wasn’t 100% happy with how they came out.  I was floored when I read so many comments (THANK YOU!) saying you all liked them!  wow!

So, I kept stamping to see what else I could come up with.  This time I used water, Distress Ink and an Aquapainter to get a more controlled look.  View the video to see how I did it:

What do you think?  The batik look or the watercolored look?  Which do you like better?

spice background 2

Do you think I put this background stamp away after this?  NOPE!  I’ve got at least one more card in me…and the idea for this one came to me when I was laying in Eva’s bed.  I’ll share on Monday!

Stampin’ Up Supplies:

• Cardstock:  Black, White, Vellum

• Sandra Johston August 1, 2014, 2:09 pm

I like the earlier KISS cards, but I absolutely love the watercolored one. I love the way the white embossed design comes through the watercolored background. I also love the combination of colors you used. The silver hearts were the perfect final touch. By the way, I just purchased your Kindle book on Amazon. What a great book of the basics! I have it on my IPAD using the Kindle app. That makes it very convenient to reference when crafting. Congratulations on your new book!

• Debbie Bonczek August 1, 2014, 10:40 pm

Wow . . . similar to the Kiss cards, but definitely more controlled. I like them both, but I will say I really am loving that white embossing powder, as it really pops.

• Marta Grisolia August 5, 2014, 6:06 am

Beautiful, fabulous!!!
    I have this Stamp.

• Bobbie Bluegill October 15, 2014, 3:42 pm

I love the “controlled” watercolor. It has a soft, “uncontrolled”, warm fuzzy feel. Love your videos and tutorials.

• Pam October 15, 2014, 5:38 pm

I preferred the more defined version, or your second card, the best

• Cathy October 15, 2014, 6:44 pm

Hi, I liked them all, good job. Thanks for the inspiration.

• Carol Lynn October 16, 2014, 8:56 pm

Loved this tutorial and card! So elegant but looks like fun to create. I’m off to try this technique.

Birthday Card Making Embossing Gallery Projects Techniques Videos

Interesting Image

youmalkemesmile

You Make Me Smile with Kristie and WINNERS!

BCSD Class collage

Birthday Cards for the year – DONE!

Faithful Flutterings and Stained Glass coverplate

Zen Garden Release Day 4: Stained Glass Coverplate and Faithful Flutterings

Eat Sleep Create and Chevron Cheer

Zen Garden Release Blog Hop Day 3: Eat, Sleep, Create Stamps and Dies

Love Grows 4

Zen Garden Blog Hop Day 2: Love Grows Stamp Set and Dies

Chevron Cheer

Zen Garden Release Blog Hop Day 1

Emboss Resist Save the Youtuber 3

Emboss Resist Technique – Save the YouTuber Blog Hop!

2018-01-26 14.01.01-1

Zen Garden is COMING! and product preview

KristieCPblog

A Colorful World Awaits with Kristie

Ink+Blended+Note+Cards+w-+Catherine+Pooler+Love+Is+In+The+Air+Stamp+of+Approval-1

Blended Note Cards with Cynde

SOA Jan Balloon Shaker Jenny Colacicco A

Shaker Card with Jenny Colacicco

Ink Blended Stamp Happy Birthday Card

Happy Birthday Hand Made Card with Ink Blending ON the Stamp!

IMG-4267

XOX Background with Ashlea Cornell

Love is in the AIR SOA Tracie Pond The World Awaits Bon Voyage

The World Awaits with Tracie Pond

Creativation - The People

Creativation Wrap-up and Video Tours of the Booth!

Background Stamping with Ilina Crouse