Watercolor Clear Emboss Resist Card

Watercolor Clear Emboss Resist Card

Me on the Iron Crafter?  When Chaitali Narla invited me to do an interview with her, I jumped at the chance.  How FUN!

We had an amazing chat which you can see here, and we each made a card using the same stamp set.  Please pop over there, check out her card, the interview and comment on her blog to get a chance to win these fun stamps for your very own self!

CAS-ual Fridays is our sponsor.  Thank you, Michelle!

Since watercoloring is fun and super hot in paper crafting right now, I thought these sweet flowers would be fun with this technique.

Using watercoloring along with the heat emboss resist technique is the perfect way to make your these designs pop.

View the video tutorial to see how to make this Watercolor Clear Emboss Resist Card

Watercolor Clear Emboss Resist Card

I’ve got a little bonus for you!  I couldn’t stop stamping after the video camera turned off.  I made a second card using the same stamps and techniques, just different colors and layout.

Click here to download this bonus project and PDF tutorial for both cards.

You’ll also receive my newsletter which comes out a few times a month with more inspiration for you…see you on the other side!

Watercolor Clear Emboss Resist Card

Supplies:

• Stamp Set: Casual Comfort (CAS-ual Fridays Stamps)
  • Card Stock: Whisper White, Basic Black (Stampin’ Up) Distress Watercolor Paper (Tim Holtz)
  • Ink: Real Red, Tangerine Tango, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Bermuda Bay, Versamark (Stampin’ Up)
  • Accessories: Clear Embossing Powder, White Embossing Powder, Circle Framelits, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Aquapainter (Stampin’ Up) Sparkling Clear Sequins (Pretty Pink Posh)

Did you enjoy this project? Click here to download the PDF tutorial!

• Isha May 19, 2014, 11:57 am

Love your cards and video. TFS

• Heather North May 19, 2014, 12:46 pm

How fun to see you on Iron Crafter! You did a fabulous interview!!!

• Susan B May 19, 2014, 9:10 pm

I have trouble coming up with my own ideas. When I try to copy I find I am always missing something needed to complete the card or project. I have trouble keeping up with the latest ideas, and as many have mentioned organization. If I don’t see it I forget I have it. Lastly confidence in my abilities, I know practice is important, it is good to see others have trouble like Catherine shows some times. Unfortuitly it is rare to see that in videos. I used to belong to StampNation and it was nice. It became a budget decision for me. I really miss Catherine’s videos.

• vielka cintron May 20, 2014, 12:13 pm

love the card… lots of new ideas…

• Barbara May 20, 2014, 3:10 pm

I love water color cards. I have tried several and have had pretty good luck with them. the one thing is making sure you have colors that work together.

• Barbara May 20, 2014, 3:10 pm

• Bibi May 27, 2014, 2:01 am

Catherine, that is such a gorgeous card, WOW, I love every single detail of it. It is stunning, thanks for sharing your incredible talent. I am so blessed that I am also a StampNation member and get to gleen from exclusive tutorials available only to us….yeah

• Lagene May 28, 2014, 5:00 pm

Fantastic watercolor technique, Thanks for the video!

Floral Gallery Projects Seasonal Videos

RainbowButterflies

Butterfly Rainbow with the Rock and Roll Technique!

View More: http://em-grey.pass.us/catherine-pooler-october-2016-em-grey-photography-raleigh-nc

Best Practices for the Midnight Ink Pad

Alana and Petey

The “Petey” Experience

Spring Sale

More Creativation Favorites

Perfect Banners 7

CP’s Favorite Things from Creativation!

Creativation

Straight from Creativation

Embossing Paste and Stencils 2

Embossing Paste with Stencils with The Perfect Reason SOA

Second Generation Stamping with The Perfect Reason Collection YT

Second Generation (and ombre!) Stamping with The Perfect Reason

CASEing Allison and CP 3

Creating a Clean and Simple Card – CASEing with The Perfect Reason SOA!

This Week at StampNation…

Using Dies as Stencils Catherine Pooler

Using Dies as Stencils with The Perfect Reason SOA

Eva and Catherine Valentine's Day Card 2

The Cutest Video Hop Ever – Valentine’s Day Card by Eva

PerfectReason_Instagram_AvailableNow

The Perfect Reason SOA Winners!

31925642823_b0b86fde71_z

The Perfect Reason SOA is now available!

ProjectGuide