Stencils and Gel Medium for Card Making

Stencils and Gel Medium for Card Making

I’ve been talking for days about playing with Stencils and Gel Medium for card making.  Do you want to see it in action?

Seriously cool results, my friends.

View my video tutorial on Stencils and Gel Medium for Card Making

Awesome!  Fun!  Messy!  Love this stuff…

Stencils and Gel Medium for Card Making

Here is a close-up of the finished card from the video.

Stencils and Gel Medium for Card Making

Supplies:

• Movers and Shakers Sentiments (Papertrey Ink)
  • Cardstock:  Coastal Cabana, Whisper White, Vellum
  • Ink:  Bermuda Bay
  •  Accessories:  Chalk Talk Framelits (SU), Mini Chevron Stencil (The Crafter’s Workshop), Clear Sequins (Pretty Pink Posh), Baker’s Twine (SU), Casual Elegance Die (CAS-ual Fridays), Gel Medium (Faber Castel), Dazzling Diamonds Glitter

I linked this up in Virginia’s Challenge – Stencils!  Go check it out!

Stencils and Gel Medium for Card Making

This background has a bit more interest going on because of the added texture, so I went super CAS (Clean and Simple) on the card and added simple embellishments.

The wooden flower was sprayed with Moss Glimmer Mist (Tattered Angels) to match the card.

Stencils and Gel Medium for Card Making

Supplies:

• Casual Elegance Stamp Set (CAS-ual Fridays)
  • Cardstock:  Coastal Cabana, Whisper White
  • Ink:  Bermuda Bay
  •  Accessories:  Circle Framelits (SU), Mini Chevron Stencil (The Crafter’s Workshop),  Baker’s Twine (SU), Gel Medium (Faber Castel), Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Sticky Strip, Rhinestones, Polka Dot Embossing Folder, Wood Veneer (Studio Calico)

Do you think you will use Stencils on Gel medium on your next card making project?

Looking for more Gel and Stencil Cards?  Check these out:

Loving Thoughts Gel and Stencil Card

Celebrate Gel and Stencil Card

• Grace So April 9, 2014, 10:48 am

Love what you did with each card. Thank you for sharing .

• Daphne Merk April 9, 2014, 11:09 am

Hi Cathrine, quick question for you, did you allow the gel medium to dry before you apply the sprays? I love these cards they are so beautiful thank you for the inspiration :-)

• Donna April 9, 2014, 11:44 am

Hi Catherine,
    Thank you for the video on stencils and gel medium. I recently started using both the stencils and the sprays, and I love it! I don’t know how I did without them!
    Thanks again, love all of your work!
    Donna

• Catherine April 9, 2014, 11:59 am

Hi Daphne! I did not allow it to dry…but if you did, you’d probably get a slightly different look! Have fun! Play, experiment…and see what you come up with.

• Virginia L. April 9, 2014, 4:14 pm

Thanks for sharing your creative process with this awesome video, Catherine! I enjoyed seeing how you created this beauty! So glad that you join the fun with Virginia’s View Challenge! I will definitely share this in the challenge blog!

• Denise Gebalski April 10, 2014, 2:41 am

Great video. Can you color sequins like you can rhinestones with your Copics??? Maybe clear or white or silver ones would work.

• Jeanette Duke April 10, 2014, 12:25 pm

Pretty, pretty card! Love those gel mediums and textures!
    Thanks,great video!

• Cindy C. April 11, 2014, 12:05 pm

It’s really gorgeous!! Congrats on the VVC shout out on FB!

• Sarah G April 12, 2014, 4:59 pm

Gorgeous – love the texture you have created and the great colours! Thanks for the video too :)

• Gail April 21, 2014, 7:02 pm

Ocean scene, under the sea. Seaweed floating in the water.

Projects Techniques Videos

Interesting Image

Kaleidescope

Wild & Wonderful Product Release Day! Blog Hop Day 1

hand made thank you card

Wild & Wonderful Product Release and New Ink Colors!

wonderful wildflowers card 2

Wild & Wonderful Product Release Sneak Peek!

5A9EB82A-1746-49E3-81D9-CA7097FB5E93

Layering Border Die Cuts on Hand Made Cards

Multi inking 2

Inking with Multiple Colors on One Stamp

Punctuated Party 25

Four cards with one stamp set! with Celebrate Friends Stamp of Approval

Celebrate

Time to Celebrate with the Stamp of Approval Collection!

I Eat Cake4