How to use Inktense Pencils and CAS-ual Fridays Stamps!

inktense rainbow slider

Watercolor, rainbow and glittery stars!  Does it get any better than that?  I guess it could when you are using one of my favorite stamp sets, Frankly by CAS-ual Fridays and Inktense Pencils!

Speaking of CAS-ual Fridays, they are sponsoring our challenge at StampNation this week!

Our challenge is “FUN” which inspired me to make TWO card videos.

Check out this video tutorial and learn how to use Inktense Pencils!

I hope you enjoyed learning how to use Inktense Pencils…before I go, here are a few tips for making this card:
  • Curve the sentiment on a clear block.
  • Stamp it on black card stock and use a hobby blade to cut around the sentiment.
  • Cut an inch or so off the bottom of the black card stock.
  • Lay the black card stock on Watercolor Paper and trace where the “window” will be.
  • Watercolor using Inktense Pencils (or any other medium you would like!).
  • Adhere black card stock to Watercolor Paper with dimensionals.
  • Finish off card with glittery stars.

inktense rainbow

Supplies:

• Frankly Stamp Set (CAS-ual Fridays Stamps)
  • Cardstock:  Whisper White, Basic Black (SU), Distress Watercolor Cardstock (Tim Holz)
  • Ink:  Versamark
  • Other fun stuff:  White Embossing Powder, Embossing Buddy, Derwent Inktense Pencils, Stitched Stars Die (Lil’ Inkers), Stickles, Aquapainter

inktense rainbow 2

The FUN doesn’t stop here!  Be sure to hop over to StampNation for the Design Team’s FUN cards.

Our Guest Designers, along with our entire Design Team, are ready to knock your socks off with incredibly inspiring awesomeness!

Here is a sneak peek of the card and video I have going up today on SN for the FUN Challenge.  See you over there!

fun sneak peek

• Heather North April 3, 2014, 1:32 pm

Love this technique Catherine!

• Linda Wilkinson April 3, 2014, 1:59 pm

Wow Catherine this card is amazing love how you curved the sentiment you rock ♥

• Judy April 3, 2014, 5:16 pm

As I was viewing the finished card, at the beginning of the video, I thought – oh, great — now I am going to have to put in a large supply of different colored glitter papers. What a kick to learn, at the end, that you did the stars with stickles! That is a trick I will definitely tuck away for future – and frequent – use.

• Becky April 3, 2014, 6:14 pm

Super speedy watercolor is FUN to watch!! :)

• Melissa F April 3, 2014, 8:02 pm

WOW, I love the vibrancy and ease of using those Inktense pencils! Thanks for sharing!

• crazyforstamping April 3, 2014, 9:21 pm

I am loving the watercolor techniques…I just got my set of Derwent pencils—-can I just say LOVE THEM!!!

• Elaine April 3, 2014, 10:10 pm

Thanks for sharing this fun technique and your amazing creativity. I always look forward to your videos.

• E. Nadler April 4, 2014, 5:45 am

Great idea and very cute quick card. Thanks.

• ~amy~ April 4, 2014, 8:31 am

WOW! Love what you’ve done!

• Kristie G. April 4, 2014, 11:49 am

I really love this card! Rainbows are my fave! Great design!

• Barb Mann April 4, 2014, 2:30 pm

Very cool Catherine! Will definitely be trying this technique.

• Maddie April 6, 2014, 7:14 am

Awesome card! Thanks Catherine!

• Lagene April 7, 2014, 12:55 pm

Great card & video, TFS!

• Suzi Metcalfe April 7, 2014, 8:05 pm

This is what I need! I am so intimidated about any type of coloring. I have water color pencils, but they scare me! But, hey! I can do this! Thanks for the encouragement and inspiration!
    suzimetatyahoodotcom

Big Shot Gallery Projects Techniques Videos

Stamp of Approval Project guide

Who’s looking for inspiration?

Winterhaven-Stamp-of-Approval-Joy-Wreath-Feature-Image

Pink Snowflake Joy and WINNERS!

SOA Winterhaven Joy Chalkboard 2

Blog Hop Day 3: Chalkboard Holiday Cards and Watercolored Wreath

SOA Winterhaven Joy wreath 2

Blog Hop Day 2: Tis the Season Wreath Card and Faux Metal Accents

SOA Winterhaven Tags 2

Winterhaven Stamp of Approval Collection Blog Hop Day 1: Good Stuff Tags

SOA Winterhaven carolers 2

Winterhaven Stamp of Approval Preview Day 2: Here We Come A-Caroling

SOA Winterhaven Watercolor Poinsettia

Winterhaven Stamp of Approval Preview Day 1: Tis the Season and Here We Come A Caroling Stamp Sets

View More: http://em-grey.pass.us/catherine-pooler-august-2016-em-grey-photography-raleigh-nc

Card Making Goodness is out of control! (in a very, very good way)

wcmd2017_blogfb (1)

World Card Making Day Sponsors

WCMDcollage

Our World Card Making Day Weekend begins on Friday!

Multi-Step Stamping and Angled Card Front 4

Multi-Step Stamping, Tone on Tone Stenciling and Angled Card Fronts

SOA-CPBlogPost

Clean & Graphic Leaf Motifs with Maureen

Congrats with Arjita Singh

Creating a Winter Sunset Scene

Creating a Winter Sunset Scene Tutorial at StampNation

Hello Clean and Simple

Fun and Fabulous Items Coming to the Shop!

Soft Stenciling with Heather