CASE Study #185 Movers & Shakers Papertrey Ink

CASE Study 185.3

I have been a big Chupa fan for a long time now…I’m talking like FOUR YEARS.  Along with being a fan, I’ve also participated in her challenge, CASE Study, from time to time.  It’s one of my favorite challenges.

She chooses a different Muse each month and the challenge is to make a card inspired by the Muse’s card.  Besides sketches, that’s probably my favorite way to get the creative juices flowin’.

You probably know that StampNation was blessed back in December when Chupa joined the Design Team.  How lucky are we to have that talent at our fingertips?  Lucky, I know…

And how lucky am I that Chupa asked me to be a Guest Designer for the month of April for CASE Study?  Thank you for asking me, Chupa!

My first challenge was easy!  The Muse this month is the fabulous Jaclyn Miller.  Check out her card for this week:

CSC185

I was inspired by the color combo, the flowers and stamping the sentiment in the different colors.

This stamp set has a ton of really cool sentiments that are in a really small font…at first I planned to stamp them just along the bottom of the card, but I changed my mind and stamped the along the entire layer.  I like how it turned out!

CASE Study 185.4

Supplies:

• Simple Stems Stamp Set (Stampin’ Up), Movers & Shakers Stamp Set (PTI)
  • Cardstock:  Whisper White, Basic Grey (SU)
  • Ink:  Strawberry Slush, Basic Grey (SU)
  • Accessories:  Little Leaves Sizzlet (SU), Stitched Rectangles Die (Lil’ Inkers). Two Way Glue Pen, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter (SU)

I hope you enjoyed today’s card!  Check back with  me in just a few hours, yep, two posts from me in one day.  See you in a bit!

• Chupa April 3, 2014, 12:53 am

You totally rocked that custom word frame, Catherine! I could never pull it off… super gorgeous and stylish, what’s not to love?? :)
    (…four years?? but at least half of it was me posting utter crap, lol!)

• Kristie G. April 3, 2014, 8:59 am

Yay! So excited to see you Guest Designing for CASE Study and of course, you rocked it! Love the stamped sentiment around the frame, awesome!!! Congratulations!

• Tenia Nelson April 3, 2014, 9:30 am

Gorgeous card, dearie!!! Congrats on the GDT gig too!!! ;)

• gail hislop April 3, 2014, 10:29 am

Great card Catherine. You did a beautiful job with the sentiment frame. That looks tricky to do. The colours are beautiful.

• Virginia L. April 3, 2014, 8:36 pm

CONGRATS on your guest design, Catherine! I love everything about it…perfectly balanced and executed! And oh… I love that two tone sentiment! Congrats on the guest design! SWOON!

• Tristan Dawes April 4, 2014, 2:55 am

Wow – great sentiment border! It really makes the card pop.

• patti bomgardner April 4, 2014, 7:23 am

Very pretty card and I do like the way you put the sentiment framing around the flower. What a great place for inspiration.

• Silke Ledlow April 9, 2014, 9:43 pm

Catherine, WELCOME as our Guest Designer this month! Your card is gorgeous…love the design and that you still kept it clean and simple! Looking forward to your next card…hugs ~S~

Birthday Card Making Floral Gallery Projects

Spring Fling 039ADJ copy.jpgSMALL

Congrats with Lisa Harrolle

Congratulations Spot On 1

Congratulations Card with new Spring Fling Inks!

Party Collection: Spring Fling Release Blog Hop

MelonIce

Welcome Melon Ice! and a Father’s Day Card

MinttoBe

Ink Color #8 Clue and Welcome Mint to Be!

ItsABoy

Ink Color #7 Clue and Welcome It’s a Boy!

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter and a look at the Spring Fling products!

Pixie Dust 4

Ink Color #6 Clue and Welcome Pixie Dust!

It's a Girl2

Ink Color #5 Clue and Welcome It’s a Girl!

IAGTPhoto_1

Ink Color #4 Clue and Welcome Sweet Sixteen!

Garden Party 2

Ink Color #3 Clue and welcome Garden Party

GPartyTeasePhoto_2

Ink Color #2 clue and Welcome Bellini!

TeasePhoto_3

Ink Color Guessing Begins!

Sharing Collage 2

Tomorrow is a big day!

Sponged, Sprayed and Embossed

Sponged, Sprayed and Glitter Embossed

Glass Bead Glitter Gel and Brusho

Glass Bead Glitter Gel, Brusho and Stencils!