CASE Study #185 Movers & Shakers Papertrey Ink

CASE Study 185.3

I have been a big Chupa fan for a long time now…I’m talking like FOUR YEARS.  Along with being a fan, I’ve also participated in her challenge, CASE Study, from time to time.  It’s one of my favorite challenges.

She chooses a different Muse each month and the challenge is to make a card inspired by the Muse’s card.  Besides sketches, that’s probably my favorite way to get the creative juices flowin’.

You probably know that StampNation was blessed back in December when Chupa joined the Design Team.  How lucky are we to have that talent at our fingertips?  Lucky, I know…

And how lucky am I that Chupa asked me to be a Guest Designer for the month of April for CASE Study?  Thank you for asking me, Chupa!

My first challenge was easy!  The Muse this month is the fabulous Jaclyn Miller.  Check out her card for this week:

CSC185

I was inspired by the color combo, the flowers and stamping the sentiment in the different colors.

This stamp set has a ton of really cool sentiments that are in a really small font…at first I planned to stamp them just along the bottom of the card, but I changed my mind and stamped the along the entire layer.  I like how it turned out!

CASE Study 185.4

Supplies:

• Simple Stems Stamp Set (Stampin’ Up), Movers & Shakers Stamp Set (PTI)
  • Cardstock:  Whisper White, Basic Grey (SU)
  • Ink:  Strawberry Slush, Basic Grey (SU)
  • Accessories:  Little Leaves Sizzlet (SU), Stitched Rectangles Die (Lil’ Inkers). Two Way Glue Pen, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter (SU)

I hope you enjoyed today’s card!  Check back with  me in just a few hours, yep, two posts from me in one day.  See you in a bit!

• Chupa April 3, 2014, 12:53 am

You totally rocked that custom word frame, Catherine! I could never pull it off… super gorgeous and stylish, what’s not to love?? :)
    (…four years?? but at least half of it was me posting utter crap, lol!)

• Kristie G. April 3, 2014, 8:59 am

Yay! So excited to see you Guest Designing for CASE Study and of course, you rocked it! Love the stamped sentiment around the frame, awesome!!! Congratulations!

• Tenia Nelson April 3, 2014, 9:30 am

Gorgeous card, dearie!!! Congrats on the GDT gig too!!! ;)

• gail hislop April 3, 2014, 10:29 am

Great card Catherine. You did a beautiful job with the sentiment frame. That looks tricky to do. The colours are beautiful.

• Virginia L. April 3, 2014, 8:36 pm

CONGRATS on your guest design, Catherine! I love everything about it…perfectly balanced and executed! And oh… I love that two tone sentiment! Congrats on the guest design! SWOON!

• Tristan Dawes April 4, 2014, 2:55 am

Wow – great sentiment border! It really makes the card pop.

• patti bomgardner April 4, 2014, 7:23 am

Very pretty card and I do like the way you put the sentiment framing around the flower. What a great place for inspiration.

• Silke Ledlow April 9, 2014, 9:43 pm

Catherine, WELCOME as our Guest Designer this month! Your card is gorgeous…love the design and that you still kept it clean and simple! Looking forward to your next card…hugs ~S~

Birthday Card Making Floral Gallery Projects

Kristieswoop

White and Black Popped Sentiment Focal Point with Kristie Goulet

Stamp of Approval Project guide

Who’s looking for inspiration?

Winterhaven-Stamp-of-Approval-Joy-Wreath-Feature-Image

Pink Snowflake Joy and WINNERS!

SOA Winterhaven Joy Chalkboard 2

Blog Hop Day 3: Chalkboard Holiday Cards and Watercolored Wreath

SOA Winterhaven Joy wreath 2

Blog Hop Day 2: Tis the Season Wreath Card and Faux Metal Accents

SOA Winterhaven Tags 2

Winterhaven Stamp of Approval Collection Blog Hop Day 1: Good Stuff Tags

SOA Winterhaven carolers 2

Winterhaven Stamp of Approval Preview Day 2: Here We Come A-Caroling

SOA Winterhaven Watercolor Poinsettia

Winterhaven Stamp of Approval Preview Day 1: Tis the Season and Here We Come A Caroling Stamp Sets

View More: http://em-grey.pass.us/catherine-pooler-august-2016-em-grey-photography-raleigh-nc

Card Making Goodness is out of control! (in a very, very good way)

wcmd2017_blogfb (1)

World Card Making Day Sponsors

WCMDcollage

Our World Card Making Day Weekend begins on Friday!

Multi-Step Stamping and Angled Card Front 4

Multi-Step Stamping, Tone on Tone Stenciling and Angled Card Fronts

SOA-CPBlogPost

Clean & Graphic Leaf Motifs with Maureen

Congrats with Arjita Singh

Creating a Winter Sunset Scene

Creating a Winter Sunset Scene Tutorial at StampNation

Hello Clean and Simple

Fun and Fabulous Items Coming to the Shop!