CASE Study #185 Movers & Shakers Papertrey Ink

CASE Study 185.3

I have been a big Chupa fan for a long time now…I’m talking like FOUR YEARS.  Along with being a fan, I’ve also participated in her challenge, CASE Study, from time to time.  It’s one of my favorite challenges.

She chooses a different Muse each month and the challenge is to make a card inspired by the Muse’s card.  Besides sketches, that’s probably my favorite way to get the creative juices flowin’.

You probably know that StampNation was blessed back in December when Chupa joined the Design Team.  How lucky are we to have that talent at our fingertips?  Lucky, I know…

And how lucky am I that Chupa asked me to be a Guest Designer for the month of April for CASE Study?  Thank you for asking me, Chupa!

My first challenge was easy!  The Muse this month is the fabulous Jaclyn Miller.  Check out her card for this week:

CSC185

I was inspired by the color combo, the flowers and stamping the sentiment in the different colors.

This stamp set has a ton of really cool sentiments that are in a really small font…at first I planned to stamp them just along the bottom of the card, but I changed my mind and stamped the along the entire layer.  I like how it turned out!

CASE Study 185.4

Supplies:

• Simple Stems Stamp Set (Stampin’ Up), Movers & Shakers Stamp Set (PTI)
  • Cardstock:  Whisper White, Basic Grey (SU)
  • Ink:  Strawberry Slush, Basic Grey (SU)
  • Accessories:  Little Leaves Sizzlet (SU), Stitched Rectangles Die (Lil’ Inkers). Two Way Glue Pen, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter (SU)

I hope you enjoyed today’s card!  Check back with  me in just a few hours, yep, two posts from me in one day.  See you in a bit!

• Chupa April 3, 2014, 12:53 am

You totally rocked that custom word frame, Catherine! I could never pull it off… super gorgeous and stylish, what’s not to love?? :)
    (…four years?? but at least half of it was me posting utter crap, lol!)

• Kristie G. April 3, 2014, 8:59 am

Yay! So excited to see you Guest Designing for CASE Study and of course, you rocked it! Love the stamped sentiment around the frame, awesome!!! Congratulations!

• Tenia Nelson April 3, 2014, 9:30 am

Gorgeous card, dearie!!! Congrats on the GDT gig too!!! ;)

• gail hislop April 3, 2014, 10:29 am

Great card Catherine. You did a beautiful job with the sentiment frame. That looks tricky to do. The colours are beautiful.

• Virginia L. April 3, 2014, 8:36 pm

CONGRATS on your guest design, Catherine! I love everything about it…perfectly balanced and executed! And oh… I love that two tone sentiment! Congrats on the guest design! SWOON!

• Tristan Dawes April 4, 2014, 2:55 am

Wow – great sentiment border! It really makes the card pop.

• patti bomgardner April 4, 2014, 7:23 am

Very pretty card and I do like the way you put the sentiment framing around the flower. What a great place for inspiration.

• Silke Ledlow April 9, 2014, 9:43 pm

Catherine, WELCOME as our Guest Designer this month! Your card is gorgeous…love the design and that you still kept it clean and simple! Looking forward to your next card…hugs ~S~

Birthday Card Making Floral Gallery Projects

Interesting Image

Background Stamping with Ilina Crouse

Heather

Handstamped Background with Heather North

SOA Love 001ADJ copy.jpg2

Masked Floral Frame with Lisa Harrolle

The World Awaits cardjpg

To the Ends of the Earth with Kelly Martin

BCSD CFS

Learn, Share and Do

SOA_LITA_Facebook-Sidebar_Available-Now

Winners and Birthday Card Bash!

KBaker_JanSoA_3

Sending Love with Karen Baker with Love is in the Air SOA

Screen Shot 2018-01-10 at 11.19.15 AM

Season’s Giving Blog Hop WINNER!

LITA Love You Clean and Simple

Stamp of Approval Love is in the Air Blog Hop Day 3

LITA Happiness Enclosed

Stamp of Approval Love is in the Air Blog Hop Day 2

SOA_LITA_Blog_Comment-To-Win

Stamp of Approval Love is in the Air Blog Hop Day 1: Emboss Resist and Inlaid Die Cutting Technique

LITA Bon VOyage 3

Love is in the Air Stamp of Approval Collection – Product Reveal Day #3

LITA Watercolored Love

Stamp of Approval Love is in the Air Collection – Product Reveal Day #2

LITA Rock and Rolled

Stamp of Approval Collection Product Reveals!

Love is in the Air with Sunburst