Faux Patina from StampNation LIVE 2013

faux patina

After StampNation LIVE last year, I photographed this make and take and never posted it for you…WHAT!?   I guess I was saving up to share it with you now!

Today is the last chance to grab your seat at the current price…at the stroke of midnight the price goes up!

Learn more and register here!

faux patina 2

The background paper started as white and after sponging it with various shades of blue and green, it was embossed , versamarked and gold embossed.  The result is a really cool Faux Patina look.

If I hadn’t “girl-d” it up with the doily, the flower and the butterfly, it would have made an amazing masculine card.  Dontcha think?  Leave me a comment and let me know if you think I need to do a video on this.

Catherine Pooler In Other News…

my next newsletter goes out tomorrow at 1 pm EDT.  Have you subscribed?  Here is a sneak peek of the project.

I’m going to share with you some of the behind-the-scenes from my view of the FINISH THIS CARD COLLAB with Kristina Werner, show you a few different ideas I was working on along with this card using the same background technique that Kristina used, but finished off differently.

You can subscribe by clicking here and entering your info in the box on that page, or at the top of the sidebar, click “Send me info” and enter your deets.

I will see you on the other side!

• Melissa F March 25, 2014, 6:22 pm

I LOVE the Faux Patina card and now that you mentioned it, I can see how it’s simple base could be a masculine card. I love your videos always, and I would love to see a faux patina look, especially with a masculine and feminine version (this one reminds me of Downton Abbey style …. if you add a feather in there somewhere!)

• Lynn M March 26, 2014, 6:48 am

Catherine,

Your card is beautiful (as always) and a video would be awesome. It would be a real treat for those of us who would LOVE to go StampNation LIVE but can’t. Thank you for a great daily pick- me- up email!

• Sue Edwards March 26, 2014, 1:01 pm

It would be an awesome technique for masculine with a different embossing design. Silly girl, f course we would like/love a video. I’m like a sponge, have to soak up everything I see!!
    Thanks for all you do for us!!!!!!

• Shirley Baker March 26, 2014, 3:09 pm

This is lovely, and I would love to see a video!

Thanks
    Shirley

• Sabrina Radican March 26, 2014, 3:52 pm

Oh yes please. WE love videos!!!

• Marti_M March 26, 2014, 8:25 pm

Such a cool card! And yes, I would love a video on it : )

• Brenda Baar April 7, 2014, 1:53 pm

Video would be wonderful!

Floral Gallery StampNation LIVE! Techniques

Stamp of Approval Project guide

Who’s looking for inspiration?

Winterhaven-Stamp-of-Approval-Joy-Wreath-Feature-Image

Pink Snowflake Joy and WINNERS!

SOA Winterhaven Joy Chalkboard 2

Blog Hop Day 3: Chalkboard Holiday Cards and Watercolored Wreath

SOA Winterhaven Joy wreath 2

Blog Hop Day 2: Tis the Season Wreath Card and Faux Metal Accents

SOA Winterhaven Tags 2

Winterhaven Stamp of Approval Collection Blog Hop Day 1: Good Stuff Tags

SOA Winterhaven carolers 2

Winterhaven Stamp of Approval Preview Day 2: Here We Come A-Caroling

SOA Winterhaven Watercolor Poinsettia

Winterhaven Stamp of Approval Preview Day 1: Tis the Season and Here We Come A Caroling Stamp Sets

View More: http://em-grey.pass.us/catherine-pooler-august-2016-em-grey-photography-raleigh-nc

Card Making Goodness is out of control! (in a very, very good way)

wcmd2017_blogfb (1)

World Card Making Day Sponsors

WCMDcollage

Our World Card Making Day Weekend begins on Friday!

Multi-Step Stamping and Angled Card Front 4

Multi-Step Stamping, Tone on Tone Stenciling and Angled Card Fronts

SOA-CPBlogPost

Clean & Graphic Leaf Motifs with Maureen

Congrats with Arjita Singh

Creating a Winter Sunset Scene

Creating a Winter Sunset Scene Tutorial at StampNation

Hello Clean and Simple

Fun and Fabulous Items Coming to the Shop!

Soft Stenciling with Heather