FINISH THIS CARD COLLAB! with Kristina Werner (Watercolor Rainbow card)

Kristina Werner and Catherine Pooler

Kristina Werner and I decided to do a little Youtube collaboration…how cool is THAT!!???

We bounced a few different ideas around before settling on this…  View the video to see what we are up to, then read to the end of the post where I have a little bit more to tell you:

Pretty fun, right?

Leave me a comment here (or on Youtube) and let me know what you think of this!

Then, hop over to Kristina’s blog to see how she made this super fun, trendy and oh-so awesome background!

Kristina Werner and Catherine Pooler

I was inspired by Maureen for this card design.  She’s done a few cards recently with this two tag idea – check them out HERE and HERE.

Supplies (what I used!  You gotta visit KW to see what she used!):

• Rustic Wreath Stamp Set (Papertrey Ink)
  • Cardstock:  Whisper White, Basic Black (SU)
  • Ink:  Versamark, Bubble Gum (Hero Arts)
  • Accessories:  Angled Tag Topper Punch (SU), Baker’s Twine (SU), Orchid and Pink Sequins (Pretty Pink Posh), Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder (SU), Celebrations Die (Penny Black)

Kristina Werner and Catherine Pooler Kristina Werner and Catherine Pooler

Kristina Werner and Catherine Pooler

Stay tuned because on Monday, I start the card and Kristina finishes it!  I can’t WAIT to see what she does with my background and I can’t wait to show you the really fun technique I used.

I have to tell you, after sitting and staring at this background for about two weeks, I finally saw her video last night.  It was the darned coolest thing to see her MAKE it as I looked at it sitting on my table in front of me on the finished card.  Really, really cool experience.  Thank you, Kristina, for including me!

• Pamela B March 21, 2014, 10:47 am

What fun! I have been following both of you and was thrilled to hear that you were working together to make this beautiful card!

• gail hislop March 21, 2014, 10:53 am

Congratulations K. & C.. The card is colourful and fun.

• Heather North March 21, 2014, 11:35 am

This is just the coolest idea ever! I love what you came up with, Catherine.

• Louise Dubord March 21, 2014, 12:11 pm

Wonderful idea! So much fun!

• Jeanne March 21, 2014, 1:38 pm

Oh my gosh…. You and Kristina made my Friday !! I just love you both anyway and now you’re teaming up for fun card making! So great :) This card is a winner!

• Linda Wilkinson March 21, 2014, 1:40 pm

This is awesome love the idea ♥ Great card ladies !!!

• Sharon Field March 21, 2014, 2:07 pm

I have followed Christina for awhile, and now it looks like I need to follow you too…LOL.
    You did a perfect card using her piece and I thoroughly enjoyed both your video and your card. Great job!

• Lucinde March 21, 2014, 3:49 pm

Great idea! Love what you did with the background, the little sequins look great on it!

• Gretchen March 21, 2014, 3:49 pm

This is so cute and so fast and easy. Just love it.

• Cheryl Ferguson March 21, 2014, 4:43 pm

I just finished the last day of Kristina’s Online Card Class, Clean & Simple One Layer Cards 3 . . . was so excited to see two of my favorite designers collaborating. Love what you did with Kristina’s watercolor piece!

• Lisa K March 21, 2014, 5:07 pm

I love this creation. I have followed Kristina for years and you for a little while. I love you two pulled this together. I can’t wait to see the next installment, where you create the background and she finishes it. Thanks!

• Marlene Ashbeck March 21, 2014, 5:46 pm

I love the card and can’t wait to try a version of it. It gives me hope that spring and summer might be coming before too long!!

• Marlene Ashbeck March 21, 2014, 5:47 pm

I love the card. I can’t wait to try a version of it. It gives me hope that maybe spring and summer is actually coming our way!! How fun to work together making a card and seeing what the other person does with it.

• Amy R March 21, 2014, 5:48 pm

I loved it! Really fun. Now I’m off to see the other half.

• Joanb March 21, 2014, 6:00 pm

Love what you did. Great idea to collaborate . Two great artists and your styles went together perfectly. Congratulations for a great job. Anxious to see the next one.

• Angelique March 21, 2014, 6:07 pm

This collaboration is awesome! What a successfully executed concept! I’m eager for the next collaboration!

• Kristie G. March 21, 2014, 7:32 pm

I think this is the coolest idea ever! Love what you created! So FUN!!!

• TracyM #6773 March 21, 2014, 7:34 pm

LOVE your background panel – THANK YOU for sharing this lovely distress ink tutorial … I NEED to get some and try it now!!!

I’ve been over to see the card being finished and have to say FABULOUS collaboration and card – looking forward to seeing the next one :)

• Linda Hyd March 21, 2014, 9:01 pm

What a fun challenge, the card is fabulous!

• Barbara March 21, 2014, 9:38 pm

This is so cute and looks like so much fun a beautiful finish. It would be a good thing for other close friends to try (watch out Joan make sure you check your Mail) Joan is my best friend,, she will love it.

• Fran B. March 21, 2014, 9:41 pm

How neat is this collaboration. I subscribe to both you and Kristina. I really love how you finished the card. Looking forward to seeing what Kristina does with your creation.

• kim s. March 21, 2014, 10:15 pm

I’ve not visited your blog before, but you have a new viewer. I love what you did with kristina’s card and I can’t wait for the next part.

• Nancy Bowen March 21, 2014, 11:03 pm

WOW!! I follow Kristina too!! I was so excited that you both know each other…….but of course you do!! Yippie this is a great idea love it! It gave me an idea to do the same thing with my friend in Florida and I live in Alabama. Great idea! Thanks!!

• Becky March 21, 2014, 11:58 pm

How cool is that?!? Love your finish- haven’t done the two tag thing before, but I’ll be sure to do it now. Now I have to wait (I hate waiting) to see what you create for Kristina. (did I mention that I hate waiting?- heh)

• Fran W March 22, 2014, 12:04 am

Awesome collaboration, very exciting to watch you both in action on the same piece. Thanks for the instructions on a great technique, with beautiful results.

• debra March 22, 2014, 7:52 am

Great card! Love the duo aspect! Does it pose a problem to have versa mark ink in the color ink after inking image twice?

• Catherine Pooler March 22, 2014, 10:51 am

Hi Debra! No problem with the versa mark…just make sure you go versamark first, THEN color!

• Robin in WA March 22, 2014, 12:15 pm

Love what you did with Kristina’s watercolor piece!! Love the collab idea also. I’ll have to give that ink then versa mark idea a try.

• Saundra in California March 22, 2014, 8:36 pm

Love this card. Where can I buy the Happy Birthday die?
    I am looking forward to seeing the next collaboration.

• Catherine March 22, 2014, 8:40 pm

Hi Saundra! If you do a google search for “Penny Black Celebrations” you will find a couple places to purchase it. Four greetings in one set!

• Laurie Page March 22, 2014, 9:05 pm

What a super project. great use of the water color piece you received. Looking forward to the we one one you start.

• Margaret R March 23, 2014, 3:54 am

Love it! What a great collaboration.

• Sharon March 23, 2014, 6:45 am

Hi Catherine……Loved what you gals did with the card. Very cute!

• Bibi March 24, 2014, 12:21 am

Awesome collaboration….I’ve often said, you totally rock Catherine. You are so talented.

• Lagene March 25, 2014, 11:21 am

Fantastic finish for Kristina’s backgrround!

• Susan M J March 25, 2014, 8:34 pm

Pretty,Fast and Fun besides easy . Thank you Both. Your Both Good Scrapers !

• MIchelle February 20, 2015, 10:46 pm

Loved it! Love the colors and that is was not time comsumming. Thank you for sharing.

Oh BTW, is that a new punch from Stampin Up?

Birthday Card Making Gallery Projects Techniques Videos

Happy-Birthday-Cake-Card-by-Taheerah-Atchia-001

Sweet Birthday with Taheerah Atchia

Screen Shot 2017-05-28 at 6.46.40 PM

Behind-the-scenes: may include tears

Beautiful-You-Ingrid-Blackburn

Prominent Sentiments with Ingrid Blackburn

Shaped Card detail wm

Circle Shaped Card with Chrissie Tobas

SOA WInners

Stamp of Approval Winners!

Happy Birthday Watercolor and Embossed Card 2