Have Mac will travel. That’s me today! My little girls are out of school for 3 weeks, so the roller skating rink is my office today. We packed up the van with six kids this morning…mom gets to work a bit and the girlies get to skate and have a blast with their friends. A win-win, right?
Today’s card was made for the CASE Study Challenge. How can you NOT be inspired by this amazing card:
How to make my card:
- Sponge Tangerine Tango, Pumpkin Pie and Melon Mambo onto White Cardstock.
- Wiped cardstock down with an Embossing Buddy to make sure the ink was dry and there aren’t any places the Embossing Powder would stick to other than the Versamark.
- Stamp label images from the Chalk Talk Stamp Set in Versamark, cover them with White Embossing Powder and heat.
- Flick water on the labels to create watermarks.
- Die Cut images with coordinating framelits.
- The layer between the black layer and the white card base started as white…sponge around the edges to make it match the labels perfectly!
The rest is pretty self explanatory…the Leaves & Flowers background stamp was clear embossed on black and the “For You” was white embossed on black.
Supplies (all Stampin’ Up unless otherwise noted):
- Chalk Talk Stamp Set (WM: 130631, CM: 130634), Leaves and Flowers stamp (Hero Arts)
- Cardstock: 100730 Whisper White, 121045 Basic Black
- Ink: 126948 Melon Mambo, 126946 Tangerine Tango, 126945 Pumpkin Pie, 102283 Versamark
- Accessories: 129983 Chalk Talk Framelits, 109132 White Embossing Powder, 129053 Heat Tool, 103083 Embossing Buddy, 119860 1-3/8″ Circle Punch, Silver and White Sequins (not sure the company), Sponges
Before I go, let’s do a run-down of everything goin’ on around these parts, cause it’s a lot!
- Basics & Beyond - our new online class has been getting RAVE reviews. Have you subscribed? Learn more about it in this blog post.
- Thanks to all of you that voted for me in the Best Blogger Contest. I won third place! The people over at Fav Crafts have a prize pack for me to giveaway, so watch for details on that soon!
- StampNation LIVE 2014 registration is open and the price goes up soon…click here to view my video for the details.
- Tattered Angels and StampNation have teamed up - check out this post and learn how to enter to win a prize pack from TA!
- I didn’t have a newsletter go out this week (SORRY!) because of some unexpected computer issues. The next one comes out on Wednesday!
That’s about it for me today…have a wonderful weekend and I hope you get some stamping in!