Embossing Folder Stamping with Papertrey Ink

embossing folder stamping

Sketches are a great way to jump start your Mojo and are one of my very favorite ways to get my motor runnin’ when I head to the stamp room.

For this card, I checked out CAS(E) this sketch, where our very own Maureen just joined the Design Team.  Congrats, Mo!

CTS_Sketch_67

Once I decided on the sketch, my next step was to pick out the stamp set and colors.

Do you like using sketches?  Leave me a comment and let me know!

embossing folder stamping

Onto the project…view the video to see how this card came together (click the title of the post to view online if you are viewing in your email).

There are so many possibilities with this sketch.  You can keep it simple, or stamp, layer, embellish and layer some more.  It’s up to you!

I hope you enjoyed today’s project.  I may try this sketch again.

embossing folder stamping

Supplies:

• Mum’s the Word and coordinating dies (Papertrey Ink)
  • Cardstock: Whisper White, Crumb Cake
  • Ink:  Soft Sky, Midnight Muse, Early Espresso, Pear Pizzazz, White Craft Ink
  • Accessories:  Chevron Embossing Folder, Circle Framelits, Smooch

Don’t forget to visit on Monday – I’ve been keeping tight lipped about something and I can’t wait to spill the beans! ;)

• Kristie March 8, 2014, 9:34 am

I love your take on this sketch! Very pretty card!

• Susan Powell March 8, 2014, 1:47 pm

Catherine – this is fantastic! I always love your cards andI love your take on the sketch.

• Brenda Hendrickson March 8, 2014, 6:50 pm

Catherine I have never really used sketches before, but after seeing the sketch
    and what a beautiful card you made from it I may have to give it try afterwards.
    Brenda

• Anne Marie March 8, 2014, 7:33 pm

Catherine, card is totes … Loved it with extra piece … But for a clean and simple ,with out.. You sold me on the cheveron embossing folder .. I’ve got to call and get it !!! So amazing .. Yours in ink .Anne

• Linda Hyd March 8, 2014, 9:41 pm

Definitely would have added the additional popped-up flower, and love the little bit of sparkle as well. Major thumbs up!

• Barb Evans March 9, 2014, 11:10 am

Loved the card. The little flower cutout would look cute on the inside of the card or on the envelope. Off to my craft room to try this! Thanks for sharing!

• Ruth Anne March 9, 2014, 2:43 pm

Beautiful card. Love the colors, sketch, & technique.

• Emilou March 9, 2014, 9:38 pm

Hi Catherine, I love the die cut flower addition on the front and agree with Barb Evans that the little one would look great on the inside. Thanks so much for sharing and I love your videos!! Blessings and smiles, Emilou :-) P.S. Great tip to cut the dies out and then stamp the image!

• Helen Crane March 9, 2014, 11:05 pm

Loved the extra flower….just where you placed it. Another beautiful card….love it!!!

• Tristan Dawes March 10, 2014, 3:43 am

Love your interpretation of the sketch.

• Leigh Penner March 11, 2014, 11:05 am

Oh, this looks fantastic! What a great technique & take on the sketch!

• Sharon Salerno March 13, 2014, 9:11 pm

Gorgeous card!

• Michelle Leone March 14, 2014, 9:17 am

SO pretty….. love the colors, love the dimension!

• Gretchen March 21, 2014, 6:08 pm

Yes I like the additional flower, now to card, love your choice of colors and the technique of using your embossing folder as a stamp. I’ve inked them before, but all ran them through the machine. Great job and thanks for sharing.

• Maureen Merritt May 12, 2014, 2:37 pm

How did I miss this video? Thanks for playing along in the challenge in celebration of my new DT gig :) You are such a great friend! I love what you did here and your fab background stamping!

Floral Gallery Techniques Videos

RainbowButterflies

Butterfly Rainbow with the Rock and Roll Technique!

View More: http://em-grey.pass.us/catherine-pooler-october-2016-em-grey-photography-raleigh-nc

Best Practices for the Midnight Ink Pad

Alana and Petey

The “Petey” Experience

Spring Sale

More Creativation Favorites

Perfect Banners 7

CP’s Favorite Things from Creativation!

Creativation

Straight from Creativation

Embossing Paste and Stencils 2

Embossing Paste with Stencils with The Perfect Reason SOA

Second Generation Stamping with The Perfect Reason Collection YT

Second Generation (and ombre!) Stamping with The Perfect Reason

CASEing Allison and CP 3

Creating a Clean and Simple Card – CASEing with The Perfect Reason SOA!

This Week at StampNation…

Using Dies as Stencils Catherine Pooler

Using Dies as Stencils with The Perfect Reason SOA

Eva and Catherine Valentine's Day Card 2

The Cutest Video Hop Ever – Valentine’s Day Card by Eva

PerfectReason_Instagram_AvailableNow

The Perfect Reason SOA Winners!

31925642823_b0b86fde71_z

The Perfect Reason SOA is now available!

ProjectGuide